Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kings & Cheetahs away in SA

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote franciskieran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kings & Cheetahs away in SA
    Posted: 09 August 2017 at 12:06pm
It would be interesting to know if Scarlets will arrange an away package for the matches in SA against Kings on 26th Nov and Cheetahs on 2nd Dec? It could be like an 8 day trip.
Sponsored Links

Jonathan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jonathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2017 at 8:15am
Really looking forward to this trip. I would imagine the club price would be expensive. Anyone had a look at booking themselves?
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2017 at 10:21pm
In the process of booking a trip now to go and see both games. Happy to share details.
The company that I have used can tailor trips for individuals/couples or group of friends.
I will be putting somethinh on SF buts its not ready yet to share.
Snowflake
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 12:39pm
Thinking of flying to Cape Town and following the famous Garden Route to Port Elizabeth. Watch the SK's game then flying home from there. Not going to the Cheetahs game as it's quite a distance and I don't think there's a lot to see there.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by Turkpower Turkpower wrote:

Thinking of flying to Cape Town and following the famous Garden Route to Port Elizabeth. Watch the SK's game then flying home from there. Not going to the Cheetahs game as it's quite a distance and I don't think there's a lot to see there.

Good idea Turkpower. I followed that route during the Lions tour in 1997. Its a beautiful route & if you get time to spend on route then the lovely town of George is well worth a visit/stay.
CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2017 at 10:56pm
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 10:06am
Turkpower,
If you need help in arranging the Garden route trip (i did 15 years ago and its special)
I stayed in amazing places. You are right not much to see in Bloemfontaine, my trip is in late Friday and out
on Sunday.
Have you booked accomodation?
Contact details who can help you is Ingram@escapeexplore.com
Dont forget to mention Scarlets trip.
Snowflake
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 8:57pm
Rainbow,

Got a quote from STA travel. Flying into Cape town, travelling the Garden route with accommodation and car hire and out of Port Elizabeth for £1329.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 9:00pm

Rainbow,

Got a quote from STA travel. Flying into Cape town, travelling the Garden route with accommodation and car hire and out of Port Elizabeth for £1329.

Does that include flights in and out of UK ?
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 9:21pm
Cardiff return
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 9:31pm
£1300 including flights from UK ! Who are they flying with ? Pidgeon post ??

Does it include both games like Enfys' quote ?

Edited by ap sior - 17 August 2017 at 9:33pm
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 9:40pm
Obviously not going to Bloemfontaine as it's not on the Garden Route.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 9:50pm

Obviously not going to Bloemfontaine as it's not on the Garden Route.

Thanks, my knowledge of SA let me down there.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 August 2017 at 9:51pm
There seems to be two different markets for these matches.

Enfys aka Rainbow is doing both. Those that don't fancy the altitude, higher temperatures and less to see (from what folk have said) are avoiding Bloem.

Me and Mrs EO really like the idea of doing both venues, meeting the local supporters of both teams. So far, there seems to be a bit more contact with the Cheetahs folk than the Kings. No doubt that'll even up in the coming weeks.

Hopefully, we'll be there. If we are, we will weighting our time in PE rather than Bloem, as things stand.

Allez les Rouges ou Noirs
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Rainbow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rainbow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2017 at 5:14pm
Hi,
Have you received the trip details?
Do you want me to send them on?
You are right nothing much in BLM, surrounded by farm land.
I'm off to Cape Town between the games.
Snowflake
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 August 2017 at 9:04pm
All,

Just one quick call out from me....It's worth checking the new SA Immigration and Border control policy brought in last year if travelling with a minor ( under 18). A bit different but stringently applied. Stopped me from going there last year as you need your child's original or certified birth certificate ( which I didn't have with me here).
One parent travelling with a minor needs more info.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic