Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 players out of contract

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 3:29pm
I agree. I personally would say he may be tempted to go just to have a taste of rugby elsewhere. Hope I'm wrong.
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Somewhat ironically Wales' blatant blind spot about Cubby makes him more appealing to English clubs.
He would arguably be a better signing for an English/French club than Warburton/Tipuric.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 4:49pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

I agree. I personally would say he may be tempted to go just to have a taste of rugby elsewhere. Hope I'm wrong.
Yes I think it's 50/50 in terms of keeping him. That's obviously just a guess on my part though
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 4:50pm
Don't think Barclay will go. He's an adopted Welshman like Easterby. Stay with us until he retires.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 5:07pm

Don't think Barclay will go. He's an adopted Welshman like Easterby. Stay with us until he retires.

Barclay has stated previously that he wants his kids educated in Scotland so I can see him going after next season with hopefully Moriarty coming down to replace.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 5:12pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

I cant see cubby leaving tbh.
He's an international class player who can't get capped no matter how well he plays with his lack of Wales call ups making him more attractive to French and English clubs than a large amount of Wales squad players. He's achieved a hell of a lot at Scarlets so he may look for a new a challenge where he can earn more money. I don't think he's nailed on to stay as he will undoubtedly be the subject of a lot of big money offers.

I agree with this. I think he'll go on his travels for a season or two then come back. Hope he doesn't mind. Interesting that Tadgh denied all knowledge of an interest from Ireland.

I would still be shocked if Cubby leaves. Hes always wanted to play for the scarlets and is now living his dream. Dont forget hes only really been with us for a short time and has plenty more to give. Not every player is chasing the buck, some are happy where they are as long as we give him a competitive deal.

Edited by supertaf - 20 August 2017 at 5:13pm
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 5:18pm
We also treated him shoddily through age grade. Swings and roundabouts.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 5:38pm

Barclay has stated previously that he wants his kids educated in Scotland so I can see him going after next season with hopefully Moriarty coming down to replace.
His kids are already in Welsh medium education
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 5:38pm

Not doubting what you say, but I'm sure someone on here, if not JB himself has said that he needs members of the squad to translate what his kids say as they are educated in a Welsh language junior school. 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 5:39pm

Big shame if he goes.
I get the feeling that Pivac and he get on really really well actually
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

His kids are already in Welsh medium education

Well done Wasp !!! Beat me to it by 1 second !!!!!

Edited by ap sior - 20 August 2017 at 5:43pm
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 5:42pm

Does you think that he still carries that grudge Wil ?

I understood that it was Easterby that didn't rate him. Simon's gone, Cubby's had his chance and he's flourished.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 5:51pm

I've been pilloried in the past for saying that wil,i hope he stays.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 6:34pm
Have you?
OK. Didn't realize. Not sure why. One of those rare guys that was capped at age grade without a region/academy deal.

I'm just saying the guy didn't have his region behind him at a time when he should have done...he could easily have never made it as a pro player.

But then the same region, under a new regime, gave him a call and gave him his chance...and its turned in to a fantastic bit of business all round.

I actually think like most - that he's v grateful for that second chance and a fair deal would see him stay, but I also think he's going to get a few big offers from across Offa's dyke...simply because of his ability, stats, and that he is/has been over-looked by Wales...and that then brings in to question the playing budget we have....which is a perpetual challenge as we all know.

The higher end cost players for us are the one's without an NDC ( like Scott, Aaron, Patch, Cawdor etc) or guys like Barclay being a Scot. I think these are likely to be the challenges, and understandably so, the club has been great to/for all of them, but the budget is the budget at the end of the day ,and it can only stretch so far.

Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

I understood that it was Easterby that didn't rate him. Simon's gone, Cubby's had his chance and he's flourished.

Cubs is a 'works to live' sort of guy mate ... can't imagine he carries a grudge about anything in life tbh.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 August 2017 at 7:04pm

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Cubs is a 'works to live' sort of guy mate ... can't imagine he carries a grudge about anything in life tbh.

BTW I sure that I heard Greg Garner's name mentioned yesterday. I think he was reffing !!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 38>
  Share Topic