Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 players out of contract

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 38>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 1:10pm
I think Pivac will do another 2 years to be honest. You don't always get a squad who can do this. You have to remember that what comes easy(ish) to Carmarthenshire boys i.e. running rugby, is not so straightforward with for other NH teams. He has got them playing very well and can have several shots at the Pro12 and RCC. He'll move on then for sure. It would also be a perfect time for Stevo and Dwayne to take over. I think Stevo needs a couple more years to be Head Coach. I don't want him to fail and then he has to leave.
Sponsored Links

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 1:12pm
Is Pivac here with his family? Not sure how old his two boys are?
Tiercel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiercel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 2:57pm
It seems as if the Blues have made an offer to Seb Davies.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/rising-welsh-full-back-star-13750872
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 3:12pm
Originally posted by Tiercel Tiercel wrote:

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/rising-welsh-full-back-star-13750872
Yes they are very confident that they are going to keep him but they were very confident of landing Halfpenny..
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 3:45pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Yes they are very confident that they are going to keep him but they were very confident of landing Halfpenny..

Seems like the Blues have the backing of Walesonline judging by the number of articles recently published.  Most of them painting the Scarlets in a negative light.
Joshua24:15
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 3:55pm
Lets face it who, in their right minds & given decent alternative offers, would sign for the Blues right now. The players have seen Wilson leave due to new financial constraints & their CEO publicly state that the era of signing overseas players has come to an end. This current state of affairs comes after years of huge management turnover & a pretty dodgy record of acquisitions the latest of which sees a totally 2nd rate centre from the Aviva replace a current Welsh squad member. 

If you were a young player in demand & wanted to perform at the highest level to impress the Welsh coaches where would you put your signature. Frankly if the Scarlets are indeed interested in Seb and make him a similar offer & he decides to stay with the Blues then he is probably not the player we need i.e. intelligent. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 3:55pm
Lets look at the Seb Davies logically and if he was a Scarlet player.

Wouldn't we be doing everything to keep him..............................YES

Would we use all the avenues available to keep him(Press)............YES

Would we remind him that we have looked after him.....................YES

So what is the difference, Tadhg & Liam was totally different and we did all we could then.

All we can do is wait until it's legal to talk to him and hope he has not made his mind up by then, if he has then we look elsewhere.

Simple really
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 3:59pm
Gpr

Intelligent maybe !! or honourable yes !!

Exactly the type of player any side would want, not like many who want to chase the £££££££££££
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 4:01pm
He might have grown up wanting to play for Cardiff and wants to stay with them. Guess we'll see.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

The boys are in NZ. Brad is part of the team organising the Rugby League World Cup.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

The boys are in NZ. Brad is part of the team organising the Rugby League World Cup.

Cheers.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 5:00pm
Does Seb Davies want to play for Blues at the moment? I think they will be in a bit of a bad patch for next 3-5yrs until their youngsters come to fruition.

Does Seb want to be part of that? Possibly being a Cardiff boy.

There's no NDC for Seb...were blues hoping to only pay 40% of his wage? Can they afford 100%?
Does Seb see his game fully develop with the Scarlets where he can form a partnership with Jake Ball and lock down behind the Welsh front row.

It's a tough decision for him. Wait and see.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 5:21pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Precisely. I couldn't tell Ffidel all 20 but they include : Tadgh, 3  scrum halves, Scott I believe, NDC boys Foxy, Samson & Jake, Barclay, Rob Evans & Cubby. 
I though Samson signed a 5 year deal 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 5:40pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

I don't see Wayne renewing. Unless he has whispers of Welsh coach job.
He stated himself that he believes a coachs lifespan at a side is 3-5yrs. After that the players can become stale with coaches (see Wales), and coaches can easily get into a habit of picking same players etc (see Wales).

You think last season and this season the players look like they’re starting to lose interest in him?
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 5:46pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Yup. Playing to the gallery a bit I think. They also told fans that the redevelopment was moving forward and there would be income to help them compete. 

All a bit tenuous. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Precisely. I couldn't tell Ffidel all 20 but they include : Tadgh, 3  scrum halves, Scott I believe, NDC boys Foxy, Samson & Jake, Barclay, Rob Evans & Cubby. 

I though Samson signed a 5 year deal 
Samson isn't out of contract
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 38>
  Share Topic