Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 players out of contract

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 38>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote joss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:06pm
Heard from a good source that 15 of the 20 players out of contract are in the process of signing
#HUMANTOURS Rise above the rest
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:21pm
So 5 not?? Sorry joss only kidding.if it is then that's great. Assume Tadgh is one...who are the others?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by joss joss wrote:

Heard from a good source that 15 of the 20 players out of contract are in the process of signing

Hope you are right and that 2 of the 5 not signing are Tadgh and Aled. Cubby Boi would be very close to the top of the list in my 15, as would his brother, Scotty and Rob Evs. I was interested to hear Pivac say that the quality of players interested in signing with the Scarlets has gone up from last year. Interesting and very exciting times.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:26pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

I don't see Wayne renewing. Unless he has whispers of Welsh coach job.
He stated himself that he believes a coachs lifespan at a side is 3-5yrs. After that the players can become stale with coaches (see Wales), and coaches can easily get into a habit of picking same players etc (see Wales).

You think last season and this season the players look like they’re starting to lose interest in him?

Not at all, but Gatland has been at Wales for well over 5yrs and things have been stale for a while.

Pivac himself stated 3-5yrs is what he believed a life span for a coach is.
It keeps the coach fresh and it keeps the squad fresh. I personally don't see him going back on what he believes in. I think he's very much a coach who has a project, sees the project through, and then moves on to the next project. I could be completely wrong mind.
joss View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 7:27pm
No names sorry
#HUMANTOURS Rise above the rest
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 October 2017 at 11:20pm

He stated himself that he believes a coachs lifespan at a side is 3-5yrs. After that the players can become stale with coaches (see Wales), and coaches can easily get into a habit of picking same players etc (see Wales).

You think last season and this season the players look like they’re starting to lose interest in him?

Not at all, but Gatland has been at Wales for well over 5yrs and things have been stale for a while.

It keeps the coach fresh and it keeps the squad fresh. I personally don't see him going back on what he believes in. I think he's very much a coach who has a project, sees the project through, and then moves on to the next project. I could be completely wrong mind.
5 years then please.
First phase: Build a team that can win the domestic league (3 yrs)
Second phase. Consolidate and improve into a team that regularly makes the KO stages of Europe. (2yrs)
Wink
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 7:59am
Another 2 years for Pivac would seem like a good fit, at that point we'll see how far along Stevo, Byron and Cunningham have come and I can't imagine things going stale in years 4 & 5.
The Welsh set up is a completely different thing, I think all the coaches have been there for between 8 and 10 years with nothing changing.
theieuan View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theieuan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Precisely. I couldn't tell Ffidel all 20 but they include : Tadgh, 3  scrum halves, Scott I believe, NDC boys Foxy, Samson & Jake, Barclay, Rob Evans & Cubby. 

I though Samson signed a 5 year deal 

Samson isn't out of contract

I thought Rob Evans signed a new contract last year as well?
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by joss joss wrote:

No names sorry

Buy your source a few more pints and we will chip in....Smile
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Another 2 years for Pivac would seem like a good fit, at that point we'll see how far along Stevo, Byron and Cunningham have come and I can't imagine things going stale in years 4 & 5.
The Welsh set up is a completely different thing, I think all the coaches have been there for between 8 and 10 years with nothing changing.

Gats started in 2008 and inherited others....gameplan has not changed in that time..
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 3:10pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

5 years then please.
First phase: Build a team that can win the domestic league (3 yrs)
Second phase. Consolidate and improve into a team that regularly makes the KO stages of Europe. (2yrs)
Wink
Sounds like a plan!
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2017 at 3:23pm
Originally posted by theieuan theieuan wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Precisely. I couldn't tell Ffidel all 20 but they include : Tadgh, 3  scrum halves, Scott I believe, NDC boys Foxy, Samson & Jake, Barclay, Rob Evans & Cubby. 

I though Samson signed a 5 year deal 

Samson isn't out of contract

I thought Rob Evans signed a new contract last year as well?
Yes Rob is also in contract for next season
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 1:53am
The Scarlets will attract both Welsh and Non Welsh players based on:
1) team success
2) the style of play, 
3) the creative coaching team, and 
4) the excellent facilities at PYS.

We need QF at a minimum this year in the ECC  which should provide the additional cash for 2-3 players.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

1) team success
2) the style of play, 

We need QF at a minimum this year in the ECC  which should provide the additional cash for 2-3 players.

A home KO in the P14 would be worth £200k or more. I think I read that with prize money a home QF in Europe could be worth double that .
It’s not unthinkable
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 11:55am

1) team success
2) the style of play, 

A home KO in the P14 would be worth £200k or more. I think I read that with prize money a home QF in Europe could be worth double that .
It’s not unthinkable

I saw a headline when I passed the paper stand that said 6N will be losing £5M sponsorship money. I wonder if that could affect our revenues.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2017 at 2:43pm

1) team success
2) the style of play, 

It’s not unthinkable
Correct
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 38>
  Share Topic