Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 players out of contract

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 38>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 4:28pm
Agree GPR.....they say it to keep face and put doubt in fans and steak holders alike.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:00pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

It's not perfect but a step in the right direction. You'd have to say that this does make us favorites for Moriarty's signature although there are another 2 regions interested.

Where’s he from? Are there any factors that could influence his decision?

Morriston, the only reason I think he'd sign for the Dragons is if he didn't want to move from Gloucester because it's a shorter commute
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:07pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Gatland quoted in today's press conference:<blockquote style="margin: 0 0 0 40px; border: none; padding: 0px;">
“We spoke to Derwyn (Jones) to say this policy was potentially coming. I’ve spoken to Rhys and he spoke to Rhys."

Seems they're trying to make a high-profile example of Webb to get others' attention, and maybe to 'encourage' him consider not signing the final contract with Toulon - somewhat clumsy, if so, although they seem to accept that there may be at least one top-drawer casualty. Ouch

Dwayne Peel springs to mind
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:24pm
Derwyn will be checking if he can return his new Beamer...
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

Agree GPR.....they say it to keep face and put doubt in fans and steak holders alike.

I'm a chicken man myself.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 5:29pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

We are never going to be in a position to challenge the money on offer from England or France. Only Rhys Webb could tell us if he would still have signed had he known about the new ruling. My total guess is if the figures are say £330-350K on an NDC against £500-600K in Toulon over 2/3 years then its a no brainer. 

If I was Webb, I would take the money. Simple as. He's played for Wales and the Lions. His only blemished is that he will miss out on a RWC and he played for the Os. LOL
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

We are never going to be in a position to challenge the money on offer from England or France. Only Rhys Webb could tell us if he would still have signed had he known about the new ruling. My total guess is if the figures are say £330-350K on an NDC against £500-600K in Toulon over 2/3 years then its a no brainer. 

If I was Webb, I would take the money. Simple as. He's played for Wales and the Lions. His only blemished is that he will miss out on a RWC and he played for the Os. LOL
If I had his injury record I'd sign the biggest contract I could at his age.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2017 at 8:14pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Derwyn will be checking if he can return his new Beamer...

I hate Derwyn, wouldn't be surprised if he kept this 60 cap thing from Webb in order to get the payday off a big move.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 8:17pm
Seb Davies has signed a new deal with the Blues, need to move into another target....
Cofi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cofi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 8:40pm
Pity he's not coming to us but good luck to Seb Davies and really you can't fault his reasoning for his first senior contract “They are my home team and I have come through the system here."
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 8:48pm
Originally posted by Cofi Cofi wrote:

Pity he's not coming to us but good luck to Seb Davies and really you can't fault his reasoning for his first senior contract “They are my home team and I have come through the system here."

How sweet and noble (no, seriously).  If only more modern players thought like him...
scarletsbeno1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsbeno1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2017 at 9:00pm
Fairplay to him, think we needed to attract a more experienced hard lock anyway.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2017 at 10:27am
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Originally posted by Cofi Cofi wrote:

How sweet and noble (no, seriously).  If only more modern players thought like him...
you really are a beaut,a thick skinned beaut but a beaut.
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 10:51am
  signings announced by Blues and Dragons - when can we expect some of our out-of-contract boys to put pen to paper? It would be nice if we could look forward to a steady trickle from now to Xmas. Was it two seasons ago we looked forward to Tuesday mornings. . . .
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 10:58am
Patience 😉😋😉. Good things come to those......

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2017 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Scarletrover Scarletrover wrote:

Patience 😉😋😉. Good things come to those......

I dont think half of the members on here have any patience (myself included!).

It does my head in that people 'know' but wont share on here.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1920212223 38>
  Share Topic