Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

20 players out of contract

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 7:56pm
Originally posted by InTheBath InTheBath wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

Bring Josh Adams home

Why? We have plenty of promising wings, most of whom have as much or more potential than Adams.

Because we're short in the international windows, we're one injury from having a Prydie/Grabham starting big matches, the young players are a) not ready and b) don't necessarily have more potential than Adams.

Prydie won’t let anyone down but I agree, Josh Adams is developing into a fine prospect.
Sponsored Links

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 7:57pm

Bring Josh Adams home

Agree with you...also check Mac Clark from Bath, a young centre and welsh qualified...
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 8:31am
If Pivac feels he needs some back 3 cover - and to be honest with you I don't see Morgan Williams, Tom Prydie or Grabham as long term answers then Adams would be an excellent signing. He covers wing & full back, has beefed up & certainly had plenty of defensive practice whilst maintaining his try scoring prowess. If we lost 2 of the above 3 there would probably be no great increase to our budget. 
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 9:50am

The word potential implies  could or aren't necessarily going to achieve. Pivac said that we'd be better off bringing our talented youngsters through when rejecting making a bid for North
2.The only wing we will possibly lose in the international window is Steff while we lose several in other positions which are therefore a greater priority.
3.Whatever money we have got is better spent on a top 8, retaining the current squad and on boosting our ball carrying abilities. as are ball carriers. 

We'll be losing Halfpenny too so JMac will move to 15. That leaves us with Prydie, Grabham, Morgan Williams, Conbeer, Baldwin, Nicholas....Josh Adams is playing well in the Premiership, is still young, covers wing and 15 and is a local boy. He'd be a great signing and the promising young players would still get game time.

Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 10:19am

The word potential implies  could or aren't necessarily going to achieve. Pivac said that we'd be better off bringing our talented youngsters through when rejecting making a bid for North
2.The only wing we will possibly lose in the international window is Steff while we lose several in other positions which are therefore a greater priority.
3.Whatever money we have got is better spent on a top 8, retaining the current squad and on boosting our ball carrying abilities. as are ball carriers. 

We'll be losing Halfpenny too so JMac will move to 15. That leaves us with Prydie, Grabham, Morgan Williams, Conbeer, Baldwin, Nicholas....Josh Adams is playing well in the Premiership, is still young, covers wing and 15 and is a local boy. He'd be a great signing and the promising young players would still get game time.

You may be right, as I 've got to admit that I haven't seen more than some clips of him play since his Llanelli days, when he was nothing special and he may have improved a lot since then
As a matter of priorities though I still think that ball-carrying forwards should be at the top, remembering that besides your list  we also  have the two exciting 18 year old Toms - Rogers and Lewis, who, to me anyway, look far more promising than Josh did at the same age.
Now GPR has suggested a way round this  if we are  brutal enough to tell any two of Prydie, Morgan  Williams and Grabham that we've seen enough, (also  assuming that their contracts were short term) and by that we will have saved enough to sign Adams without affecting the overall budget too much.. 
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 10:26am
The three players (Prydie etc)mentioned have not really had a chance, and with the younger players developing, I feel it would be a bit of wasted money. 

Would Adams consider a move to a place where he would not be 1st choice, doubtful in my mind, and also what sort of money would he be looking at, probably £75k+.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 11:25am

You may be right, as I 've got to admit that I haven't seen more than some clips of him play since his Llanelli days, when he was nothing special and he may have improved a lot since then
As a matter of priorities though I still think that ball-carrying forwards should be at the top, remembering that besides your list  we also  have the two exciting 18 year old Toms - Rogers and Lewis, who, to me anyway, look far more promising than Josh did at the same age.
Now GPR has suggested a way round this  if we are  brutal enough to tell any two of Prydie, Morgan  Williams and Grabham that we've seen enough, (also  assuming that their contracts were short term) and by that we will have saved enough to sign Adams without affecting the overall budget too much.. 

Pro Sport is brutal!Also, let's not forget we don't sign people forever and having someone for 2-3 years until the younger options might be better is not a bad thing.

Some ball carrying forwards are the priority though agreed (as long as they can still play the wide game to a decent standard).
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 November 2017 at 12:21pm
Back 3 defence is an issue
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 363738
  Share Topic