Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Blues v edinburgh

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletabroad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blues v edinburgh
    Posted: 01 September 2017 at 9:13pm
Being stuffed at home 20-10 with 10 to go looking poor
Sponsored Links

Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2017 at 9:25pm
Seb Davies did well for the blues

Blues had no attacking threat didnt look dangerous at all
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2017 at 9:42pm
Blues pathetic old players who couldn't keep up with play and other players who couldn't pass and catch ball lucky Edinburgh were just as bad and had a winger who I don't think had played before and butchered 3 tries with a lack of basic skills a 11 year old should possess to tonight showed why the league is looked down on.

Edited by Why - 01 September 2017 at 9:45pm
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2017 at 9:43pm
Cockerell has read the riot act at Edinburgh and you'd expect an improvement in performance but perhaps by the standard of the top teams in the league, it will take a season or two to really mix it at the top. But it seems from tonight as though the financial swirl of the summer has really affected the Blues.
joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2017 at 10:33pm
Whilst it's true that the Blues didn't have, say, a Sam Davies or a Liam Williams to create a bit of magic and make a decent attack, you have to say that Edinburgh's defence was immense so full credit to them. Cardiff were driven back every time. Embra could be a formidable team to try and score against this season.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 September 2017 at 10:59pm
Sorry the standard of basics by both sides on a dry night with 3 d pitch was awful
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2017 at 8:24am
The Blues looked pretty poor & I have to say the decision to let Cory Allen leave begins to look stranger by the minute. He is a better player than either Lee Lo or Halowhatsit. Danny Wilson's stock is falling fast & he may well become another casualty of the Blues poor management.

Edinburgh will get more consistent with Cockerill in charge. He will make them difficult to beat. He has a few decent forwards at his disposal Nel, Toolis, Hardie & we will need to take them very seriously.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2017 at 9:01am
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Agree with these points - Seb Davies just about the only bright point for the Blues, who had plenty of possession but had little idea how to penetrate the Ed's defence.

Just a word on the ref - Clancy seemed to have developed an obsession with early engages, the result being that few scrums were completed - we had loads of re-sets, free kicks and even penalties... I know it's a technical offence, but his interpretation was so rigid it was absurd. Fans don't pay good money to see refs get on their favourite hobby horse! It made for a disjointed and rather boring game. No wonder Clancy kept repeating: "I'm not going to change!" Too right, mate - he's always been a crap ref, and still is one. Although the Blues deserved to lose, Clancy did them no favours - whilst being particularly fussy at scrum time, he seemed strangely blind to forward passes, one of which led to Edinburgh's first try - he didn't even bother asking the TMO for an opinion. I do hope we don't get him this season.

As for Edinburgh - I've always been impressed with their 15 Kinghorn, from his time with Scotland U-20s - he's big, fast and powerful, and also has an eye for the gap. he'll win many caps for Scotland, IMO.

“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2017 at 10:22am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Agree with these points - Seb Davies just about the only bright point for the Blues, who had plenty of possession but had little idea how to penetrate the Ed's defence.

Just a word on the ref - Clancy seemed to have developed an obsession with early engages, the result being that few scrums were completed - we had loads of re-sets, free kicks and even penalties... I know it's a technical offence, but his interpretation was so rigid it was absurd. Fans don't pay good money to see refs get on their favourite hobby horse! It made for a disjointed and rather boring game. No wonder Clancy kept repeating: "I'm not going to change!" Too right, mate - he's always been a crap ref, and still is one. Although the Blues deserved to lose, Clancy did them no favours - whilst being particularly fussy at scrum time, he seemed strangely blind to forward passes, one of which led to Edinburgh's first try - he didn't even bother asking the TMO for an opinion. I do hope we don't get him this season.

As for Edinburgh - I've always been impressed with their 15 Kinghorn, from his time with Scotland U-20s - he's big, fast and powerful, and also has an eye for the gap. he'll win many caps for Scotland, IMO.

Totally agree Aber with regard to Clancy - overly fussy refereeing spoils contents. It is no surprise why so many of the games that Nigel Owens refs turn into great spectacles - the most recent being the NZ Australia match last week. Refs need empathy with the game. With regard to Kinghorn I agree with your summation of his attributes but two things will stop him getting a load of caps and those are Hogg & his awful defensive play - his tackling is woeful. If he can improve that area then he will be a very good full back. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 September 2017 at 1:18pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Totally agree Aber with regard to Clancy - overly fussy refereeing spoils contents. It is no surprise why so many of the games that Nigel Owens refs turn into great spectacles - the most recent being the NZ Australia match last week. Refs need empathy with the game. With regard to Kinghorn I agree with your summation of his attributes but two things will stop him getting a load of caps and those are Hogg & his awful defensive play - his tackling is woeful. If he can improve that area then he will be a very good full back. 

Agree about Nigel - I'm often baffled by the hostility of some on SF - he'd never allow re-set scrums to spoil a game.

Hogg is, of course, the man in possession, though he was injured for the Lions - not sure when he'll be back. I haven't seen enough of Kinghorn to pick up on his weak defence - but he's young, so surely can improve in that area. A big, fast lunk like him could also be picked on the wing - he looks to have more football about him than Cuthbert or Tom James, to name but two!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic