Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cardiff Blues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 7:10pm
https://www.ultimaterugby.com/news/guest-blogger:-cardiff-blues-young-players-to-watch/598475
An article here on the Blues' "u23 team" as it was. Is it the most well rounded team in terms of talent in Wales?
I do think we have some superb talent of course. I just think the Blues could put out the best full team.
Sponsored Links

Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 3:36am
Might as well start them all soon, as they can't be any worse than failed 40 year old props

Edited by Dafen Boy - 11 September 2017 at 3:37am
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Might as well start them all soon, as they can't be any worse than failed 40 year old props

Totally agree. This is their failure in the past few years they simply havent given youth a chance. Its almosgt the exact opposite to the scarlets approach and getting virtually the opposite results. With this mindless approach there is no light at the end of the tunnel for cardiff fans. I would also add their treatment of patchell was bonkers.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:32am
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Totally agree. This is their failure in the past few years they simply havent given youth a chance. Its almosgt the exact opposite to the scarlets approach and getting virtually the opposite results. With this mindless approach there is no light at the end of the tunnel for cardiff fans. I would also add their treatment of patchell was bonkers.

Is this entirely fair ??

Ellis Jenkins, Tomos Williams, Jared Davies, Rhun Williams, Kristian Dacey, Seb Davies, Macauley Cook, Dillon Lewis.

Depending on how far back you go, you could also include Tom James, Cuthbert, Cory Allen, Josh Navidi, Sam Warburton and Lloyd Williams.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:36am
Average age of blues pack with a 21 year old second row for Edin game 31 plus Scarlets pack average age just about 27 speaks volumes.
When you add to the fact that none of that pack would get into our first eight it's even worse no problem with age if they good enough old or young.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:43am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Is this entirely fair ??

Ellis Jenkins, Tomos Williams, Jared Davies, Rhun Williams, Kristian Dacey, Seb Davies, Macauley Cook, Dillon Lewis.

Depending on how far back you go, you could also include Tom James, Cuthbert, Cory Allen, Josh Navidi, Sam Warburton and Lloyd Williams.

Youre going back a long way on navidi,warbs,james...Dacey ok cook ok, the rest havent had a great chance and theyve stuck with playing older NWQ for donkeys years in several positions. Theyve failed to transition enough players through
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 12:11pm

Is this entirely fair ??

Youre going back a long way on navidi,warbs,james...Dacey ok cook ok, the rest havent had a great chance and theyve stuck with playing older NWQ for donkeys years in several positions. Theyve failed to transition enough players through

Quite so - Blues seem to have preferred to buy average SH players rather than trust their own... how come they allowed Cory Allen go to the Os, or Patchell to join us? Very poor. 

The Scarlets, by contrast, could easily field a very strong XV of players developed by the region - and mainly from the region at that. Recently, too, SH signings have been of excellent quality - Parkes and McNicholl especially, and Asquith looks promising. Blues need to pick up their game in allowing home-grown talent to flourish.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Is this entirely fair ??

Quite so - Blues seem to have preferred to buy average SH players rather than trust their own... how come they allowed Cory Allen go to the Os, or Patchell to join us? Very poor. 

The Scarlets, by contrast, could easily field a very strong XV of players developed by the region - and mainly from the region at that. Recently, too, SH signings have been of excellent quality - Parkes and McNicholl especially, and Asquith looks promising. Blues need to pick up their game in allowing home-grown talent to flourish.

2 games in to the new season I'd also add Bullbring and Kreuger to that list. Bullbring played well in Zebre and Kreuger managed 2 t/o's against the Southern Kings.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 2:09pm
Bulbring looks a better player this season and to be fair to Kruger he has been Mr Reliable since he joined us. His defensive work and work at the breakdown is top drawer and his work at driving lineouts both in attack & defence is priceless. He is a strong square bugger with a typical SA attitude. 
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 4:25pm

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Is this entirely fair ??

2 games in to the new season I'd also add Bullbring and Kreuger to that list. Bullbring played well in Zebre and Kreuger managed 2 t/o's against the Southern Kings.

Yes, fair comment - I was thinking of the high-profile players (backs) - as an old prop, I should know better!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 11:02am
Cardiff fielded Matthew Rees, Damian Welch, Josh Turnbull, Steve Shingler and Kirby Myhill in their 23 last weekend - Scarlets squad fixtures in their day, but all casualties of competition for places who found refuge in the capital.

Releasing their main summer signing before he'd even played a game will have sent out some message to the squad. The problems at CAP run much deeper than the playing or coaching squad - pivotal few months for them off the field existentially, but perhaps it's no wonder that they're in a malaise on the pitch too.

najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2017 at 6:33pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Cardiff fielded Matthew Rees, Damian Welch, Josh Turnbull, Steve Shingler and Kirby Myhill in their 23 last weekend - Scarlets squad fixtures in their day, but all casualties of competition for places who found refuge in the capital.

Releasing their main summer signing before he'd even played a game will have sent out some message to the squad. The problems at CAP run much deeper than the playing or coaching squad - pivotal few months for them off the field existentially, but perhaps it's no wonder that they're in a malaise on the pitch too.

Yes and Sion Bennett has featured for them a lot lately also.
Rob o'r Bont View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Optimist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rob o'r Bont Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 1:43pm
I had a 'Wish you were here'  postcard from Cardiff Blues this morning. Smile

It said "We noticed that you are yet to return to us...... come and help make Cardiff Arms Park a Fortress this year......."

I must be on their system as I bought a ticket for one of our Christmas games direct from their office in Cardiff. - that was over 5 years ago. Shocked

Edited by Rob o'r Bont - 15 September 2017 at 1:44pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 3:06pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

It said "We noticed that you are yet to return to us...... come and help make Cardiff Arms Park a Fortress this year......."

I must be on their system as I bought a ticket for one of our Christmas games direct from their office in Cardiff. - that was over 5 years ago. Shocked

Your are on the list now, Rob, and they my have released you credit card details Evil Smile
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 3:08pm

Wasn't signed by Judith Chalmers was it?

Good TV prog from its time.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 September 2017 at 3:37pm

Me too. An English-only postcard that's under the deluded  impression that I once supported them and even more implausible -"that they are in for an exciting season". 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic