Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > ARE YOU BLIND REF.... OR ARE WE WRONG ???
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Parkes' knock on...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 7:34pm
Isn't the intention surely to keep the game moving with as much ball play as possible? If so then it's a retrograde step to bring this negative rule in. What's wrong with them 😡?
Sponsored Links

salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 10:08pm
still haven't found the change in the law
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 10:14pm
Can anyone text Scarletman and get him on here ? 

Anyone have a direct line to Nigel Owens or Whitehouse ?
van jaarsveld View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote van jaarsveld Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 September 2017 at 11:56pm
I've always thought a drop goal is a knock on as the ball leaves the hand going forward and hits the ground fractionally before it's kicked.
scarletman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Married with Kids - Close to Bankruptcy

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 9:01am
Can anyone post a clip of the incident please as I have not been able to see the game as yet ?
Herman Tours ... Still the best way to travel !
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 10:02am
Originally posted by scarletman scarletman wrote:

Can anyone post a clip of the incident please as I have not been able to see the game as yet ?

Have you tried S4C CLIC ?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 10:13am
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Not from work Confused
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 11:48am

Not from work Confused

Unfortunately, Scrum V didn't show it... when you get a chance, the S4C replay of the whole game on BBC iPlayer has the incident, with the match clock stopped on 21.03... the incident occurs around 39 min into the programme. Your opinion will be valued!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 12:15pm
Watched a lot of games on the weekend, similar incidents in many games but none had the same outcome as ours.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Not from work Confused

Unfortunately, Scrum V didn't show it... when you get a chance, the S4C replay of the whole game on BBC iPlayer has the incident, with the match clock stopped on 21.03... the incident occurs around 39 min into the programme. Your opinion will be valued!

Just sneaked a look (thanks for the timings) aber, 
Baffled to say the least !! ConfusedShockedConfusedConfusedShocked !!

This incident will make some interesting conversations at all the Referee Society meetings this month !

knock-on occurs when a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 12:21pm

Not from work Confused

This incident will make some interesting conversations at all the Referee Society meetings this month !

knock-on occurs when a player loses possession of the ball and it goes forward, or when a player hits the ball forward with the hand or arm, or when the ball hits the hand or arm and goes forward, and the ball touches the ground or another player before the original player can catch it.

Many thanks for your insight SM. 

I really hope that Greg Garner makes a statement/issues a directive to referees stating whether it was the correct decision or not, and explains his decision. For all parties concerned I think that would be the sensible way forward.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 12:27pm

Not from work Confused

I really hope that Greg Garner makes a statement/issues a directive to referees stating whether it was the correct decision or not, and explains his decision. For all parties concerned I think that would be the sensible way forward.

I'm wondering how the next SBW or FOXY tap pass will be viewed ?
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 12:38pm

Not from work Confused

I'm wondering how the next SBW or FOXY tap pass will be viewed ?

That point was made in commentary. In one sense, Parkes was in control of the ball as he clearly knocked it down to Elias in order to carry on the move. S4C commentators stated that had SBW or another AB done that then we'd be applauding his skill and quick thinking !!

The irony here is that Parkes is a New Zealander playing in the NH !!!!
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 12:44pm
Hadleigh knocked it forward with his hand or arm.
It touched another player before the original player (Hadleigh) caught it.
Technically was it therefore the correct decision?
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 1:50pm
Originally posted by trident trident wrote:

Hadleigh knocked it forward with his hand or arm.
It touched another player before the original player (Hadleigh) caught it.
Technically was it therefore the correct decision?

Interesting point you raise. You are the first to point this out. Can you tell us which player the ball hit before Hadleigh 'caught' it ? 
trident View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trident Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2017 at 2:10pm
That's my point really, Hadleigh didn't 'catch' it did he. Whether he 'controlled' it is another thing, I'd argue he did, in tapping it back to a team mate, but the law says 'catch'
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic