Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Visa problems !!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Visa problems !!!!!
    Posted: 13 September 2017 at 7:31pm
Seems like Leinster have encountered problems with their SA trip !!!!!

Gibson-Park and Nacewa denied entry to SA as Visa requirements for New Zealander's changed earlier this year.

With 2 kiwis in our squad, I hope that the club are on to this !!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41254822

Edited by ap sior - 13 September 2017 at 7:32pm
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 7:42pm
Can't see this catching out Mark Taylor. Wayne will have a personal interest in making sure all is well.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Can't see this catching out Mark Taylor. Wayne will have a personal interest in making sure all is well.

The only other potential problem we have is Tadgh Beirne as he's an Irish national. Our two Saffers should be ok !!!!!

I'm wondering whether we should put the club on alert ? The PRO 14 should advise clubs though !!!
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 8:16pm
  Nacewa and Gibson Park flying home to Dublin on first available flight.

Scarlets need to get visas sorted for Pivac,Parkes and McNicholl in advance of our trip to SA.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 8:31pm
What passport has Asquith got?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 8:41pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

What passport has Asquith got?

Australian I would assume.  

Do the new visa arrangements also affect Aussies ?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 10:30pm
I thought people wanted to get OUT of that place not in! An embarrassment really for everyone.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 10:33pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Seems like Leinster have encountered problems with their SA trip !!!!!

Gibson-Park and Nacewa denied entry to SA as Visa requirements for New Zealander's changed earlier this year.

With 2 kiwis in our squad, I hope that the club are on to this !!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/41254822

What a joke. after all Kiwis are illegally wanting to come into SA in their thousands 😂
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 September 2017 at 10:55pm
Schoolboy stuff by the club and the players.

NZ has no visa free or visa on arrival arrangement with SA.

Aus, U.K., and ROI citizens can enter visa free ( ( with a valid passport obviously).

Jonny Mc and Parkes will need to obtain a visa from the SA consulate pre travel.- straight forward ( they may already have one of course).

aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 8:11am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Aus, U.K., and ROI citizens can enter visa free ( ( with a valid passport obviously).

Jonny Mc and Parkes will need to obtain a visa from the SA consulate pre travel.- straight forward ( they may already have one of course).

Thanks for filling us in on who needs what... surprisingly amateurish management by Leinster - I'd have expected better from them.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 8:42am

Not forgetting Pivac....
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Thanks for filling us in on who needs what... surprisingly amateurish management by Leinster - I'd have expected better from them.

Or is it a good excuse just incase they are the first to lose to a SA side, "oh we would have won but they stopped our players from playing"
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 2:12pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Or is it a good excuse just incase they are the first to lose to a SA side, "oh we would have won but they stopped our players from playing"

An interesting theory, but a bit too machiavellian, methinks!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 3:31pm
as already pointed out by wil - big misshap by Leinster and their players. 

Not sure how long visas last but McNicholl and Parkes have already played rugby in SA so will know the score. 
McNicholl having travelled there with Crusaders, and Parkes travelled with his sides and obviously having played for the Kings. 

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Not sure how long visas last but McNicholl and Parkes have already played rugby in SA so will know the score. 
McNicholl having travelled there with Crusaders, and Parkes travelled with his sides and obviously having played for the Kings. 

I think that that these visa arrangements which apparently affect NZers only came in to effect this year. Parkes and McNichol have not played in SA this year to my knowledge !!!

Anyway, does the visa have to be renewed every visit ? Don't know the answer, but I wouldn't leave any stone un-turned !!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 September 2017 at 5:05pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

I think that that these visa arrangements which apparently affect NZers only came in to effect this year. Parkes and McNichol have not played in SA this year to my knowledge !!!

Anyway, does the visa have to be renewed every visit ? Don't know the answer, but I wouldn't leave any stone un-turned !!

Probably has to be renewed, but for Parkes, it may be strong in his favour that he has already lived there for a while - probably a visa that has run out by now but point is they know the score. 

I thought these arrangements had been in for a while. but could very well be wrong on that.  

I know people from UK used to have a free visa in South Africa for 3 months. not sure if thats still the case. 
May not apply to parkes though...Welsh Qualified soon!! Depending on when he qualifies and when the fixtures are. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic