Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ospreys v Scarlets - match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ospreys v Scarlets - match thread
    Posted: 07 October 2017 at 10:44am
Wet and miserable this morning as I sit typing this 5 mins away from the Liberty Stadium.

Wet conditions don't really suit the type of game that we play now, having said that we coped well with the rain out in Parma scoring 5 tries.

We'll have to move their pack around and keep them moving. I think that we could cause them problems in the scrum. King and Lydiate aren't the quickest so that's another area that we can exploit. 

Not confident of a win, but if we tighten up in defence and attack like we did Munster/Kings/Zebre, I think that we will run out winners.
Sponsored Links

multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 10:56am
Weather meant to improve through the day as will your confidence I’m sure. A few Guinness will help ease my nerves.

Derby day!!

Come on the SCARLETS
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 11:08am
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Weather meant to improve through the day as will your confidence I’m sure. A few Guinness will help ease my nerves.

Derby day!!

Come on the SCARLETS

You on it already, mate? Fortunately I'm in work all morning which is keeping me off the hip flask!
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 11:14am

Scarlets by 10 points roll on 7.45 only one place to be tonight .
roddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 11:17am
Derby day .... goosebumps just thinking about it
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 11:20am
Wouldn't surprise me if the Ospreys spend the afternoon watering the pitch. However our greater skill set should stand us in good stead even if it is a bit slippery. Seem to remember Pivac saying after the Zebre game wet conditions won't influence the way we attack just the depth we attack from.
alec_d View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alec_d Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 12:32pm
If that was true,surely would make more sense to put parkes on the wing and start Scott?
PritchyTheScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Young Munster 2004 - Neyland RFC Tour

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PritchyTheScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 12:49pm
It's the big one! Getting the train from Cardiff to Swansea at 4, in time for some pre match beverages!
“Gareth Edwards just ran 30 yards and got a Knighthood, I sidestepped five players and got arthritis in both knees.” - Benny
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 4:21pm
Trying to find out a way to watch the game from many miles away. Come on the mighty Scarlets!
And We Were Singing...
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 4:22pm
Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

Trying to find out a way to watch the game from many miles away. Come on the mighty Scarlets!
VPN and S4C Clic?
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 4:45pm
Joshua24:15
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 6:27pm
All ready for the big match....come on boys and win this!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 6:30pm
In a shocking turn of events which no-one knew about or saw coming, Halfpenny ruled out, Asquith to wing and Rhys Jones to bench.
s.pimpernel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
A.F.K.A.P.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote s.pimpernel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

In a shocking turn of events which no-one knew about or saw coming, Halfpenny ruled out, Asquith to wing and Rhys Jones to bench.

Deleted my reply. 

Edited by s.pimpernel - 07 October 2017 at 6:46pm
In Pivac we trust
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 6:42pm
Not too bothered about halfpenny, I'm hoping it wont be close enough that a few missed kicks will be the difference.
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 October 2017 at 7:28pm
A big 5 points please, use this game as perfect preparation for next week. Need to step up a gear and be ruthless but respect the ospreys and the ball. The scores will come, we have danger across the team, just don’t force it, patience and perseverance is key. Come on Scarlets, make us proud!!!
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
  Share Topic