Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ospreys v Scarlets - match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 7:37pm
Originally posted by RedZep RedZep wrote:

Originally posted by M.M. M.M. wrote:

Originally posted by RedZep RedZep wrote:

Guinness - £5 a can. I'll never complain about Parc y Scarlets pricing again.

£4.00 a pint for Carling + £25 for the match ticket too.

Glad I went though.!!

Topped off with a 1 point win! See you in Toulon. Beer

For me it was seeing a young Ospreys fan walking down the steps after the game clapping and singing along with us, stand up for the champions.. you see when your main fanbase is built from fans that have a dna of dumping one club to support another, it only takes a little success to get them looking for pastures new.

He will be asking his dad for a ticket at the parc week after next haha
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 8:21pm
[QUOTE=ap sior] Wet and miserable this morning as I sit typing this 5 mins away from the Liberty Stadium.

Has it been any different since?

Sorrows drowned; hangovers cleared. What next? Drink to forget?

The outlook seems much the same for the rest of October.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 8:31pm
Some nonsense on here aye.

Jiffy has been very complimentary of us since we've played well. When he referred to the nonsense I'm sure he wasn't referring to us just what was going on on the floor. I'm sure Cawdor was having a laugh. Whilst we're on it, what they hell was the bandage for? 😂

Derbies are derbies, I just wish we'd learn not to respond to the Os spoiling tactics.
ScarletScot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletScot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2017 at 8:46pm
Am I the only one to think Biggar is a whining wee lassie
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 8:31am
Originally posted by ScarletScot ScarletScot wrote:

No, and so is AWJ
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletScot ScarletScot wrote:

No, and so is AWJ

Come on, boys be reasonable.  This unjustified name calling is giving us a bad name.
Everyone knows that AWJ is in fact a 171/2stone, 6ft 5 whining lassie and the only wee is that which he takes out of gullible referees.

Edited by Ffidel Bennett - 10 October 2017 at 5:06pm
Turkpower View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Turkpower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 11:15pm
Do we still think this when there playing for Wales?
GreyScarlet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GreyScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 10:22am
Bigger has definitely got to the stage that when something that he tries does not work, then his response is that someone else is at fault, and so the opposition MUST be cheating.

AWJ takes leadership seriously, but does sometimes overdoes the questions to the ref.

My opinion only of course.
Virtually perfect rugby - 1992/93
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:05pm
I assume the time for citing Webb for a clear elbow job has passed so he is in the clear.?
gofer88 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gofer88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:14pm

Yes, 48 hours I believe.
Scarlets elite away supporters - Con Air
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:15pm
In difficult times, you get to see the true character of a person - the Ospreys post-match interview with AWJ and Steve Tandy had some interesting comments and body language.

Alun Wyn clearly detests losing and will use whatever influence he can, on and off the pitch - I'd expect nothing less, as Ospreys or Wales captain. Biggar's style is vocal and 'demonstrative', too. They can, no doubt, help to swing a few marginal calls, but it looks a bit desperate in a losing cause. Arguably it almost worked on Saturday - the balance of calls perhaps went against us, but maybe it wouldn't have taken much more to turn a 1-point win into loss...

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:22pm
Frankly as captain AWJ is entitled to challenge the ref - I wish Ken was a little more demonstrative for us to be honest. On the other hand the sight of Biggar constantly moaning, waving imaginary cards about makes me sick & its high time he was yellow carded for his histrionics. Mallinder, of course, justifies his behaviour by calling him competitive.

I prefer to call him a petulant little prat who needs to be put in his place with a Rawlins rib tickler special. 
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:35pm
I like Biggar, he gets the most of his talent.....he can appear a little over the top but he seems to keep it at the edge with refs..

I share the comments above ref Ken, I would prefer Barclay as captain
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:41pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

I like Biggar, he gets the most of his talent.....he can appear a little over the top but he seems to keep it at the edge with refs..

I share the comments above ref Ken, I would prefer Barclay as captain

I find Biggar behaviour appalling even if he is playing for Wales he is bad example to kids. He has never Captained Wales as far as I remember but is always appealing to ref I was taught only skipper could talk to ref. He seems really nice bloke off the park but his behaviour on it sometimes is disgraceful.
AWJ comes across as desperate and as he gets older seems to get worse would rather Ken any day he is epitome of a quality rugby player who is shining example to any youngster.
I'm sure refs would rather a Ken type respectful captain than a wingeing red faced lunatic bawling n his face.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 2:33pm
The ref, as many refs do, handled Biggar poorly, there's no point in telling him and the captain that he's not going to tolerate any more remonstrating when he goes on to tolerate it all game and do nothing about it.

I'm sure an early penalty would soon see AWJ or Warburton making Biggar wind it in a bit, if he keeps on getting away with it he'll keep doing it.

I'd agree that Ken could be a bit more vocal, there were a couple of opportunities to speak with the ref during various incident that went by.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 5:36pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

The ref, as many refs do, handled Biggar poorly, there's no point in telling him and the captain that he's not going to tolerate any more remonstrating when he goes on to tolerate it all game and do nothing about it.

I'm sure an early penalty would soon see AWJ or Warburton making Biggar wind it in a bit, if he keeps on getting away with it he'll keep doing it.

I'd agree that Ken could be a bit more vocal, there were a couple of opportunities to speak with the ref during various incident that went by.

I loved the final few minutes, St Biggar, and AWJ whining to the ref after their scrum had been destroyed, about our boys shouting too loud at them. Despite none of our players shouting whilst even facing them, more in a huddle to each other.

So Lacey prances over and asks who the Scarlets captain is..... Scott mid team talk, quizically raises an eyebrow and says "aye yur", Lacey " ye need te caaaaeeeerrrrlm dewn, no muuuurrrrr uv de showting tort o ting"

Scott just goes "aye" and gives a look whilst carrying on instructions as if to say, "Is he real or what?"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 13141516>
  Share Topic