Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

NEW SEASON TICKET CARDS

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: NEW SEASON TICKET CARDS
    Posted: 10 October 2017 at 8:09pm
What's this all about?

New Season Ticket Cards

"Parc y Scarlets will become an access-control stadium with the advent of brand new technology allowing the region to fully engage with supporters and attendees on matchdays."

What's an access control stadium?

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
Sponsored Links

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 8:40pm
Originally posted by The Brain The Brain wrote:

What's this all about?

New Season Ticket Cards

"Parc y Scarlets will become an access-control stadium with the advent of brand new technology allowing the region to fully engage with supporters and attendees on matchdays."

What's an access control stadium?

Well it's already access control - you can't get in without a ticket!
I'm intrigued.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 8:55pm
If it’s like other stadiums, the new season tickets will have a chip in. Turn styles are then in manned and you scan the card to gain entry, much like contact less payments. Should speed up the entry and also gives the club info on who enters the ground at what gate etc. They can be expanded to pay for goods, drinks etc where you can pre- load the card with monies. Would be really useful if we could pay for drinks etc , would speed up service and reduce money handling by the servers.
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:07pm
That's what I had assumed. I didn't know you could also pay for drinks etc.

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:12pm
Plus if you don’t go, they can follow you up with an email to say, “sorry we missed you” etc.

Good move. More data to the club so they can focus their efforts on satisfying the needy hordes, as well as the less needy.

They’ve also got more info as to who they can send the tailored message to encourage the fringe followers to keep the faith.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 9:50pm
Paying for drinks car be programmed into the cards, but would need the tills changed I presume, so probably won’t have the option initially. It may be that they are introducing it solely for access and data collection as mentioned. Who knows payments may come at a later date!
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2017 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

Paying for drinks car be programmed into the cards, but would need the tills changed I presume, so probably won’t have the option initially. It may be that they are introducing it solely for access and data collection as mentioned. Who knows payments may come at a later date!
The technology for contactless payment is becoming pretty ubiquitous. It's about time the Parc caught up with the times

Last yr I went to the Sarries match. Mrs dropped me off at the gate while she and my girls went into the big smoke. As I walked up to the bar I remembered I'd left my wallet in the front of the car! 

Could have been in for a dry evening or begging Redzep for some beer tokens. Thankfully they had contactless at every till. Pretty basic these days.

Edited by Wasp - 10 October 2017 at 10:20pm
cymroab View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymroab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 12:03am
Will this mean that all regions will give actual attendances? I know ST holders who only go to 2 or 3 games a year but will still be counted for attendance figures. Could be savings in stewarding as I think numbers of stewards needed is based on attendance
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:46am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

The technology for contactless payment is becoming pretty ubiquitous. It's about time the Parc caught up with the times

Last yr I went to the Sarries match. Mrs dropped me off at the gate while she and my girls went into the big smoke. As I walked up to the bar I remembered I'd left my wallet in the front of the car! 

Could have been in for a dry evening or begging Redzep for some beer tokens. Thankfully they had contactless at every till. Pretty basic these days.
A work colleague visited y parc this Summer for the first time for a concert, spoke to him the week afterward and he was completely perplexed that we didnt have the means to pay for drinks on card saying he would have spent £20-30 on drinks between him and his wife, which didn't happen due to them not bringing cash. 
salmidach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote salmidach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 10:13am
it would be great if the cards had an NFC chip and you could top it up and pay for drinks etc on your season ticket.
They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it's not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance - Terry Pratchett
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 11:46am
Some stadiums have a simpler system where its just a barcode scanner (Madejski?).
If the club are serious about having some kind of reloadable prepaid card or a loyalty application on a normal credit card then it's a lot more outlay. We do need terminals at the outlets if nothing else.
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 12:25pm
I don’t see the point of using ST cards as payment cards, we all have debit or credit cards. Maybe scan them like loyalty cards
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Plus if you don’t go, they can follow you up with an email to say, “sorry we missed you” etc.

Good move. More data to the club so they can focus their efforts on satisfying the needy hordes, as well as the less needy.

They’ve also got more info as to who they can send the tailored message to encourage the fringe followers to keep the faith.
In a nutshell
#George
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 12:58pm
Just had mine. They still have to be scanned.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:17pm
great way to double attendance,i got 2 now.
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 October 2017 at 1:40pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I don’t see the point of using ST cards as payment cards, we all have debit or credit cards. Maybe scan them like loyalty cards

Thats my thought.  If you need to pre-load the card tehn come the last game of the season you'll be forcing down beers to ensure no money is left on the card.  Or, you'd just continue using cash to avoid running out or over loading the card.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic