Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets in WRU Autumn 2017 squad

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Brain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 1:53pm
Genuine Question - Is there such a thing as "Exceptional Circumstances" that can be used by a Club to request that certain players be released?

If you cannot bite, never show your teeth.
Sponsored Links

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 3:04pm
We should still be too strong for Kings and Treviso so should get 9 points Even with 14 missing great opportunity for youngsters, Cheetahs a different proposition though.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 3:06pm
This is our highest representation in a Wales squad in the pro era right?
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 3:21pm
Very much depends on how this relatively new side gel. There is a decent smattering of first teamers in the pack which is a great bonus especially against Treviso. Its the 10 position that intrigues me the most. They will have been planning for no Patchell so Friday will tell us the plans. Young Asquith has shown glimpses of an astute rugby brain with an attacking, offloading side to his game. Can he rein that instinct in and add control. We are about to find out. Luckily he has Jonathan inside him. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 3:52pm
We shall get a hefty cash boost from the WRU for all these players wages which will be a bonus as long as we keep winning our games when they are away.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 4:04pm
can anyone shed any light on what the compensation per player is.
Micro Duck View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Micro Duck Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 4:29pm
I'm going to drink from the cup marked half full here.

With a squad including Elias, Kruger, Beirne, Price, Bullbring, Rawlins, Cubby, Macleod, Boyde, JE, Asquith and Johnny Mac, there is still plenty of ability in this side for the South Africa trip.

It will also be a great experience for some fringe backs.
New KALAMAFONI - BEAST MODE t-shirt now available online.

Plus a new 'Sosban Fach Scoundrels' range.

Paste the link below into your URL:
https://llanelli.teemill.com/
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 4:45pm
hear hear Micro. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 5:08pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Don't they just pay the players wages so pay us back the cost we incur for their Scarlets wages so we are no worse off financially? 
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 6:21pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Don't they just pay the players wages so pay us back the cost we incur for their Scarlets wages so we are no worse off financially? 
I don't think so. It's part of the RSA, but I'm not aware that the amount has ever been leaked, and I'm quite a saddo!

Nigel Short seemed very happy with the compensation at the supporters meeting and I notice it noted in other teams' accounts as a problem if they don't get as many players in the squad as they expected, so it must be significant
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Micro Duck Micro Duck wrote:

I'm going to drink from the cup marked half full here.

With a squad including Elias, Kruger, Beirne, Price, Bullbring, Rawlins, Cubby, Macleod, Boyde, JE, Asquith and Johnny Mac, there is still plenty of ability in this side for the South Africa trip.

It will also be a great experience for some fringe backs.

Precisely my thoughts. Our international window team has been phenomenal over the past few years. Think we have only lost a couple games, the hammering against Leinster end of the last six nations, have we even lost another? More than capable of winning all three games.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 6:42pm
We’ve lost Wyn, Shingler, Cubby, Aled, Patch, Parkes and Steff from our international window team from last season. As well as DTH. Not easy boots to fill.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 7:17pm
We have picked up McNicoll Asquith and even Prydie plus we have Elias Boyde Mccleod who are a year older and wiser if Johnathan Evans played for any other region he would be in Welsh Squad hopefully Cubby back for SA trip. Yes we have lot of players away but it's time for boys to carry on pushing the standards up. I am looking forward to seeing the continued improvement of our squad. Other regions would love to most of our so called second choices.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 7:22pm
Originally posted by John John wrote:

Wil's right. Can't suddenly go from not required to indespensable surely not even with this lot coaching. I was looking forward, in all honesty, to seeing Wales make a right mess of the Autumn with their 10/12 idea & Cross at 7 being shown for what it is - mindless & Scott along with Cubby having MOM performances in South Africa. Don't get me wrong I'm chuffed for Scott personally.

There is a long history of a player not being selected for a squad and then starting the first game. Ir goes all the way back to the John Bevan/Benny selection/non-selection in the 70s and another example was the Easterby non-selection for the 05 Lions. Once he got there, he was in the test team. 

Ah - the 'Divine Intervention'. immortalised in song by Max Boyce! I tried to find the lyrics for our younger readers, but oddly even Mr Google doesn't seem able to help...

It'll be great if Scott can have a similar effect, for example, by scoring the winning try v the ABs - now, that really would be a divine intervention. 

Pob lwc, Scott - da iawn!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 7:29pm
Available to the Scarlets this weekend.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2017 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Available to the Scarlets this weekend.

Good - let's hope Parkes is also released. If Benetton are coming fully loaded, we need as many experienced players as possible.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic