Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

23 for Exeter ??

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 23 for Exeter ??
    Posted: 05 November 2017 at 12:45pm
 With the need to rest key players for league, injuries and development selection will be interesting .

15,Prydie
 14,Nicholas
 13,Hughes
 12,Asquith
 11.Grabham
 10,Jones
 9,Smith
 1,Fawcett
 2,Hughes
 3,Gardiner
 4,Price
 5,Bulbring
 6,Rawlins
 8,Condy
 7.Macleod

subs.16,Tomi Lewis
         17,Rhys Jones
         18,Schwartz RGC
         19,Robinson (Quins)
         20,Taylor Davies
         21,Sebastian
         22,Helps
         23,Shaun Evans
Sponsored Links

najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 12:53pm
I'm afraid to say it'll be a damage limitation exercise.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 1:05pm
I can't see us picking anywhere near that strong a team Mark. Injuries are the key here and we can't risk losing many more before going to SA.

I can see far more of the B&I squad getting a couple of games in the LV...
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

I can't see us picking anywhere near that strong a team Mark. Injuries are the key here and we can't risk losing many more before going to SA.

I can see far more of the B&I squad getting a couple of games in the LV...

Yes probably right Rob but that backline needs to play together before South Africa and the likes of Price Bulbring and Macleod have not played much rugby .
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

I'm afraid to say it'll be a damage limitation exercise.

Will depend on the teams both sides put out. Probably would have said the same about last years AW against bath wouldnt you?
Truth is you have no idea how it ll play out. No reason that we wouldnt be competitive naming a team like that.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 2:29pm
No clue how we plan to approach it but would like to see game time for Helps, Shaun Evans, Conbeer, Fawcett.
All recent U20s graduates with (potentially) big futures.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 2:33pm
Frankly I would keep anyone near the 30 who are travelling to South Africa away from Rugby until we go. Don't know how practical that is. 
saundersfootscarlets View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 2:48pm
I think that the team who played on Friday need more games together , obviously we are going to lose .Scotty , Hadleigh and Barclay but maybe the others need more game time even if there is the risk if injury.
Went to the premiership side versus RGC yesterday, who looked too strong for us at times although they kept fighting on and scored I Think 3 tries in the last 30 minutes to make it look more respectable.
I did think that ther right-wing Bagshaw and full back Dion Jones both looked strong players , might it be worth looking at them , they also seem to be on form, what does anyone else think?
saundersfoot scarlets
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 2:50pm
Think we have looked at both these players in the past. Are they better than Morgan Williams, Grabham or Prydie? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 2:54pm
Not sure really but they are playing well and in a side that is winning which might have helped them progress since we looked at them last.
Haven't seen much of Prydie although thought he was OK on Friday , again havehtcseen much of Grabham and haven't seen Morgan Williams at all I'm afraid so can't really comment on him.
saundersfoot scarlets
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 7:53pm
Can't see Dan Jobes playing in the LV, an injury to him pre-SA would be massive with Patchell away with Wales. Same goes for Jon Evans too.
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by saundersfootscarlets saundersfootscarlets wrote:

Not sure really but they are playing well and in a side that is winning which might have helped them progress since we looked at them last.
Haven't seen much of Prydie although thought he was OK on Friday , again havehtcseen much of Grabham and haven't seen Morgan Williams at all I'm afraid so can't really comment on him.

I liked the look of Dion Jones when he played for Wales U-20s - presumably, he didn't kick on then... maybe he has now? Haven't seen him play recently.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 8:44pm
Maynard or McBride at 10-12?

Is Tom Williams available?
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 November 2017 at 8:49pm
  Yes Maynard available McBryde and Morgan Williams with Wales 7s I think and Tom Williams possibly still injured .
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 4:44am
Thanks Mark

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saundersfootscarlets Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 November 2017 at 9:39am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by saundersfootscarlets saundersfootscarlets wrote:

I liked the look of Dion Jones when he played for Wales U-20s - presumably, he didn't kick on then... maybe he has now? Haven't seen him play recently.

Thought he played well on Saturday for rec as did Bagshaw on the wing
saundersfoot scarlets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic