Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales Team to face Austrailia

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales Team to face Austrailia
    Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:05am
Rob Evans
Ken Owens

Tomos Francis
Jake Ball
Alun Wyn Jones
Aaron Shingler
Josh Navidi
Talupe Faletau
Gareth Davies
Dan Biggar
Steff Evans
Owen Williams
Jon Davies
Liam Williams
Leigh Halfpenny

Bench:
K.Dacey
N.Smith
L.Brown
C.Hill
S.Cross
A.Davies
O.Watkins
H.Amos

Congratulations to the Scarlets players, in particular Aaron & Steff.

Edited by Fscarlet - 09 November 2017 at 11:16am
Sponsored Links

LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:09am
Big ask to have Rob straight back in after several weeks out of action. Congratulations on selection to all the Scarlet players.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:27am
leon brown instead of Samson??? don't give us much hope to be honest
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:42am
Great reflection on us to have 9 Scarlets in there, 7 from our development pathway.

Congrats to all
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:43am
congrats to all...even if not so talent in the bench considering Samson, Scott or Rhys out..
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:47am
The bench - hell's teeth - lump on Aus to soften the blow!

What's going on?
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 11:47am
congrats to all the scarlets in the 23. good luck
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 1:12pm
Wales are looking to improve their attacking game by having 2 playmakers in the team yet have picked the 2 least talented 10's of the 4 in the squad to do that and the 9 with the slowest service, and if one of the 10's gets injured they've got a rookie 12 coming on, they're also clearly got an eye on playing Parkes at 12 towards the end of the autumn which goes against the 2 playmakers ploy.

It's a very conflicting selection and I don't see how the outside backs are going to benefit from it, I could get on board with a host of 10/12 combinations but this would probably be my last choice, I just hope it doesn't reflect badly on guys like Steff if they struggle to get into the game.

Surely you play a game that suits the players at your disposal, not try and imitate a style without the players to do it.

In trying to be current the Welsh coaches are feeling more dated than ever.
Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 1:13pm
Well done to Shingler and Steff though, if anyone deserved a shot it's those 2.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

leon brown instead of Samson??? don't give us much hope to be honest

Wales online saying Samson has a knock...
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 1:39pm
Well done to al the Scarlets selected - Steff and Shingler well deserve to join our 'regulars' in the squad.
I'm a bit concerned about Rob Evans - hope he is really back to 100% after his concussion - I'd have preferred Wyn to play this one.

The bench looks rather weak, though Amos is playing well. Can't feel optimistic about this one.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 1:40pm
All I can see Owen doing from 12 is kicking. He's not a great playmaker is he? If we are serious about the change of style thing, then Priestland should play at 12.

I don't know if anyone in Wales knows what we're doing, especially the coaches. If we're going to play the Scarlet way then Patchell has to play, Biggar is getting nothing out of the Osprey backline.

I'm just hoping Steff is able to get behind them through quick feet and then has some support. That's the only cutting edge I can see, aside of Foxy.

I can see a heavy defeat unless we defend really well and sneak it with a kick or drop goal.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
hoppy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hoppy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 1:47pm
Australia Team v Wales

Wallabies: Kurtley Beale, Reece Hodge, Tevita Kuridrani, Samu Kerevi, Marika Koribete, Bernard Foley, Will Genia, Sean McMahon, Michael Hooper (c), Ned Hanigan, Adam Coleman, Rob Simmons, Sekope Kepu, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Scott Sio. Reserves: Stephen Moore, Tom Robertson, Allan Alaalatoa, Matt Philip, Ben McCalman, Joe Powell, Henry Speight, Karmichael Hunt.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 3:20pm
Well done to all Scarlets selected. In my opinion Gatland has totally lost the plot. As already stated by someone on here if you want to play attacking wide rugby then you have to pick firstly a 10 who plays flat and can bring his centres into the game - either of the Rhys boys; who does he pick Biggar. That is a waste of time. We don't know how capable Owen is at International level at 12 but we may find out Saturday.

The whole concept of Wales moving to a 10/12 playmaker role is made to look even more foolish when you see Australia play with tow big lads at 12/13 - watch them play. The secret : they have a good attack coach - Larkham we don't. When, oh when are the WRU going to get the message. We have a wonderful 12/13 in Scott & Foxy who with a decent coach would be the envy of the Northern Hemisphere especially playing outside Rhys Priestland or Rhys Patchell. 

With the 23 selected I am expecting a losing margin of 14-20 points which at home at this level is a hammering. It is definitely the weakest bench I have ever seen selected for Wales. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 3:29pm
Congratulations to all the Scarlets selected and a couple of others who jave worn the Scarlet shirt in the past. Good to see Navidi get a go as well- he is to the Blues what Shings is to us. 
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2017 at 3:55pm
Good news: players being selected for form rather than reputation, e.g. Steff Evans over Alex Cuthbert and Aaron Shingler/Josh Navidi over Dan Lydiate.  More generally, the starting XV does look reasonably formidable.

Bad news: the bench.  Enough said.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic