Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales v Georgia Team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales v Georgia Team
    Posted: 16 November 2017 at 10:43am

Wales: Liam Williams; Alex Cuthbert, Scott Williams, Owen Watkin, Hallam Amos; Rhys Priestland, Rhys Webb; Nicky Smith, Kristian Dacey, Leon Brown; Adam Beard, Cory Hill; Dan Lydiate, Sam Cross, Seb Davies.

Reps: Elliot Dee, Wyn Jones, Tomas Francis, Josh Navidi, Taulupe Faletau, Aled Davies, Dan Biggar, Owen Williams.

Edited by Fscarlet - 16 November 2017 at 11:02am
Sponsored Links

NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 11:28am
Gosh. That is an experimental pack - remind me what Georgia are renowned for? Confused

New players need blooding, sure, but maybe not all at once?

Good luck to the lads. Thumbs Up

Edited by NobbySosban - 16 November 2017 at 12:38pm
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 11:36am
Bit disrespectful to Georgia
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 11:50am
Is this the biggest representation the Dragons have had with Wales. Gutted taking my 11 year old boy to his first international on Sat and will be watching a mixture of players from three of the worst sides in Pro14
We could end up with a bloody nose on Sat with this side.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
T_RICHARDS_94 View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote T_RICHARDS_94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 12:05pm
Not sure how we're going to implement a new style of play if we change the whole line up.
Fair to say we're going to get a hammering from the AB's and may even struggle on Saturday. Georgia are no mugs! 

I'm not a regular attendee for internationals because of the type of crowd that go just for the watered down lagers.

But, of course I'll get behind the young lads and looking forward to see Priestland back in a Wales jersey.

Go well Scott, Aled and Wyn Thumbs Up

Writer for The Rugby Club
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 12:31pm
Back row selection is bonkers. Davies - never played at 8 (and likely to be going backwards at 100mph on Sat), Cross - 2 full Pro 14 games and Lydiate whose career should have ended years ago.

Tom Young must have offended someone, somewhere.

No place again for Patchell - he's obviously upset someone too.

Watkin in the centre is a revolving door.

Let's not forget Georgia put 54 on Canada.
What's going on?
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 1:14pm
This selection is a massive gamble by Gatland.  Let's hope it doesn't backfire.  I'll be there on Saturday, but this news has made me that bit more worried.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 3:00pm
If this selection goes wrong. the Rugby Mad Welsh Public who think the season starts in November will be spoiled for choice - they'll be able to blame Priestland and Cuthbert. Angry

If Georgia win on Saturday. it will boost massively their claim for inclusion in the 6 Nations - they're already one place above Italy in the World Rugby rankings. Gatland & co may have just given them all the extra motivation they need to push their agenda.

Edited by NobbySosban - 16 November 2017 at 3:13pm
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 3:10pm
7/1 for a Georgia win.. hammered Canada last week.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 3:17pm
I'm glad I'm not paying £70 to watch that crazy, mixed up Welsh selection try to blend into a team against the strong Georgia pack which beat Canada 54-22 on their last outing. 
What's the legend that gives it's name to the country - something about St George slaying the Dragon-
(later nicked by England as they don't have the imagination to make up their own legends)
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 3:40pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Gosh. That is an experimental pack - remind me what Georgia are renowned for? Confused

New players need blooding, sure, but maybe not all at once?

Good luck to the lads. Thumbs Up

Good points.

What is it about the Wales management? For years and years, they refused to bring in new players, even in games without anything much depending on the result. Now, they decide to play a whole load all at once. Can't they be balanced between the two extremes?

I suppose the one 'justification' for this is that RWC ranking points are no longer an issue, as the seedings and draw for the next RWC have already been made. In that sense (only) it doesn't matter if Wales get stuffed by Georgia... but, surely, this is a risk too far?
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 4:11pm
Can't underestimate Georgia, might be a close one.
And We Were Singing...
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 4:56pm
I don't see too much of a problem with this team. It gives the younger guys some experience and it doesn't count towards our rankings. It is just a friendly game so the outcome doesn't matter IMO.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 5:29pm
Surely the way to introduce new players to the Test environment is to blend them with the experienced older hands?

Every team needs a spine and some 'go to' players when stepping up a level. Same feeling about the Scarlets Welsh-Anglo teams this season, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 5:42pm
Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Surely the way to introduce new players to the Test environment is to blend them with the experienced older hands?

Every team needs a spine and some 'go to' players when stepping up a level. Same feeling about the Scarlets Welsh-Anglo teams this season, but that's a whole different kettle of fish.

While I agree with this, it is pretty hard to do that when you have so many huge games close together. It's the problem with having 4 autumn internationals.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 November 2017 at 5:56pm
Nice to see some experimenting but might have to review my Baz Lewis Prediction League decision
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic