Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales team vs South Africa

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales team vs South Africa
    Posted: 24 November 2017 at 7:54am
With the English based players unavailable for the SA game, I hope that Gatland goes with the following side.
Rob
Ken
Leon Brown
Jake
Alun Wyn
Shings
Seb Davies
Tipuric

Cawdor
Patch
Steff
Hadligh
Scott
Amos
Halfers

That side has the skill set to execute the Scarlet way, and have familiarity in the combinations in the backs.

Hope it will happen, but suspect it wont.
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 8:22am
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

With the English based players unavailable for the SA game, I hope that Gatland goes with the following side.
Rob
Ken
Leon Brown
Jake
Alun Wyn
Shings
Seb Davies
Tipuric

Cawdor
Patch
Steff
Hadligh
Scott
Amos
Halfers

That side has the skill set to execute the Scarlet way, and have familiarity in the combinations in the backs.

Hope it will happen, but suspect it wont.
Faletau is available
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 9:46am
I don't believe Patch will be available.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 11:01am
Seems like the perfect time to give patchell his proper opportunity at last, it would be a travesty to waste his massive talents yet again
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 4:09pm
It is ridiculous he was not released if they do not plan to play him.

The sonoer this coaching staff is gone the better
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 9:20pm
As much as agree with the above named team for the South Africa game, I would be very concerned about playing too many Scarlets players in the backline as this autumn internationals series has already had a big impact on the backs, we have already lost JD for the season and Liam for this weekend and who’s to know how long he will actually be sidelined for.
We as a team can’t afford to lose any more players.   I also can’t see why Patchell hasn’t even made the bench in any of the games yet, and for that reason I can’t believe that he hasn’t been released back to the Scarlets.
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 9:33pm
I can't believe they didn't release aled back to us either situation we are in and where we had to look for is just mental. Can't fault mike for coming in but that isn't the point.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

I can't believe they didn't release aled back to us either situation we are in and where we had to look for is just mental. Can't fault mike for coming in but that isn't the point.
what happens if Gareth Davies or Rhys Webb get injured in the warm-up tomorrow?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
najbritcol View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 10:54pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

what happens if Gareth Davies or Rhys Webb get injured in the warm-up tomorrow?

Presumably Aled goes onto the bench?
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 November 2017 at 11:52pm
Call in Lloyd Williams sure he can manage to sit on a bench if the emergency is needed?
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 10:02pm
Let’s just withdraw everyone now, we can’t afford anymore long term injuries. This autumn international series as been another disappointment and we don’t benefit 1 jot from them.
The saffers will be as physical as ever and with our luck, if anyone gets injured it will probably be one of the Scarlets players. This season has already proven that our squad isn’t quite strong enough to deal with long term injuries whereas last season proved that we were quite fortunate with injuries.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Let’s just withdraw everyone now, we can’t afford anymore long term injuries. This autumn international series as been another disappointment and we don’t benefit 1 jot from them.
The saffers will be as physical as ever and with our luck, if anyone gets injured it will probably be one of the Scarlets players. This season has already proven that our squad isn’t quite strong enough to deal with long term injuries whereas last season proved that we were quite fortunate with injuries.

Yes and no.  Scarlets won the last few crucial matches even sans Ken and Rob at times.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote najbritcol Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 November 2017 at 10:07pm
Originally posted by najbritcol najbritcol wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Yes and no.  Scarlets won the last few crucial matches even sans Ken and Rob at times.

At the end of last season, that is.  Dan Jones usually was a good deputy for Patchell too.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 9:00am
Foxy & Jake missing at the moment is manageable. No more please.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 4:13pm
when is cubby back
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2017 at 4:53pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

when is cubby back

Next game I understood !

However I feel that he, and we'd benefit from a different referee. Cubby is very competitive at the breakdown and today's ref was too inconsistent for my liking.

Edited by ap sior - 26 November 2017 at 4:55pm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 6>
  Share Topic