Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Aled to Ospreys

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Aled to Ospreys
    Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:15pm
Done deal I heard today.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Sponsored Links

shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:22pm
Not a great shock really
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:30pm
Technically our best inside half. Sad to see him go, but he needs more rugby to reach his full potential.
Keep the faith
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:32pm
Better 9 than Cawdor for me
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:38pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Not a great shock really
No, widely trailed to be fair
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:41pm
It’s a shame to see him go. It must’ve hurt him to not be included in the 23 for the semi and final last season. Given the strength we have at #9 it was inevitable one would move on to a club where they’d be first choice and be paid first choice wages.

Personally I’d have kept him ahead of Jonathan Evans who, whilst being a very good player, has similar strengths and weaknesses as Gareth Davies. Aled isn’t as much of a running threat as those two, but has a better service, option taking, and runs down fewer blind alleys.
NorthWalianScarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NorthWalianScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:45pm
We have always been blessed in this position. I wish Aled all the best and no doubt the lure of being first choice at the Ospreys after Rhys Webb leaves is too much.

I don't understand the level of criticism aimed at Gareth Davies. He's one of those players who always gives it his all and will never shy away or take a backwards step. We don't have many of those players. Whilst sometimes he kicks too much and can be a bit indecisive but in all credit to him he always plays in the big matches and he can change the course of a game in a heartbeat. He's a joy to watch in my opinion. We need to keep him. I also like Jonathan Evans who has a great pass and turn of pace.  

Declan Smith is coming along but I think next season as third choice maybe a bit too early for him, which is why I think we can do with a scrum half to deputies for Jonathan Evans when Gareth Davies is away on international duty. Who I don't know. Possibly Tavis anyone? He always got on well with Stevo when they were players together.
NorthWalianScarlets
Once a monkey View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Pull !!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Once a monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:49pm
Tavis has just had wrist surgery. Out for the rest of the season and out of contract at the end of this season.
#George
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:50pm

We will need to recruit at 9 with Cawdor who  his no.1 all day long  and Jon ...
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

Really??
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 7:20pm

Rubbish Cawdor different league. Aled definite 3rd choice for me. Not a loss IMO.
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Really??

For me, and without a doubt, the better 9. Cawdor's a fantastic broken field runner but in every other aspect Aled is or will be better. Shame to see him go really.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
roddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 8:37pm
It would be a huge shame seeing Aled go... but you can't keep two international 9s happy... Aled will just get better with regular rugby..... Jon is a good 2nd choice for us.. a very good pro.. but Cawdor and Aled on a different level to him..
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 8:53pm
FFS people knew about the royal engagement after this.check my posts but I think it was about 6 weeks ago.
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 9:29pm
Aled has/had the best service. Suffers from a lack of attacking threat and rugby “nous” as it was.
Best of luck to him.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2017 at 9:29pm
Originally posted by Exkixu Exkixu wrote:

Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Really??

For me, and without a doubt, the better 9. Cawdor's a fantastic broken field runner but in every other aspect Aled is or will be better. Shame to see him go really.

Fully agree. I would always start with Aled and bring on Cawdor for the last 20 minutes for the bonus point tries.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>
  Share Topic