Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pivac not happy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 8:57pm
Originally posted by Sosban89 Sosban89 wrote:

=
Originally posted by Huwbach Huwbach wrote:

Liam Davies?! Top sh@gger? Are you serious? This is 2017 mun! Who next? Ciaran Thomas?!?

All this inter club switching is crap IMO I'd rather get some fresh blood in at 9 or let the local boy come good. If Ioan Nicholas can why can't the 9?

Because the young 9 is also injured :)

Aye aye - for next year I mean...
Sponsored Links

whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 11:38pm
You can always have a laugh here...
Fair play
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 11:50pm
Apologies for being the first in mentioning Liam Davies, created a bit of a storm!  Just threw it out there for a laugh.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 December 2017 at 11:54am
Originally posted by tannerbankboy tannerbankboy wrote:

Apologies for being the first in mentioning Liam Davies, created a bit of a storm!  Just threw it out there for a laugh.

Don't worry about it  a  sense of humor failure by some posters on this thread.

You should have gone full on and touted stuart smith as making a come back LOLLOL 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 7:28am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

For me, and reading the comments on departing players, I cannot possibly see how Scott could be included in the not proper process bracket.

It may well relate to a deal that’s been done but not announced yet.

Spot on as usual EO.

Unfortunately for the Scarlets they lost a raft of ST holders back in West Wales through those comments made by the management at the time, the deduction made by many was that it referred to either or both of Scott and Aled ( as they had been the recently announced departures it’s not a big leap to reach that conclusion). Both West Wales boys and we can be a little fiery at times, hope they re-think and come back. And actually it didn’t refer to them.

I felt the comments were a little un-wise, but I also get managements frustration too, Pivac was out of the country for most of November., a stack of players are away with Wales, and so communication must have been strained.

Also this thing about November player departure announcements is frustrating, but there is a clear change that signaled it...right now all clubs have pretty much made all their ‘ big signings’ by end November...it’s a budget driven thing...it’s a chaotic in that window at times, as I’m sure you can imagine.

Right, rest of the season then.

Edited by Wil Chips - 15 December 2017 at 7:29am
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 7:48am
Good to have you back Wil!!

Given that Pivac said that a couple of players didnt inform the region your post implies that there are a few more departures yet to announce. Rawlins might be one but there doesn't seem to be any rumours about the other.

And for what it's worth I thought the comments made about both Scott and Aled's departures in the media by the Scarlets were very respectful. Especially Scott, the Scarlets Twitter account went out of its way to emphasise it's support for his decision. Unlike of course a few other recent departures from clubs....

Edited by dantheman - 15 December 2017 at 7:50am
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 8:17am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

For me, and reading the comments on departing players, I cannot possibly see how Scott could be included in the not proper process bracket.

Spot on as usual EO.

Unfortunately for the Scarlets they lost a raft of ST holders back in West Wales through those comments made by the management at the time, the deduction made by many was that it referred to either or both of Scott and Aled ( as they had been the recently announced departures it’s not a big leap to reach that conclusion). Both West Wales boys and we can be a little fiery at times, hope they re-think and come back. And actually it didn’t refer to them.

I felt the comments were a little un-wise, but I also get managements frustration too, Pivac was out of the country for most of November., a stack of players are away with Wales, and so communication must have been strained.

Also this thing about November player departure announcements is frustrating, but there is a clear change that signaled it...right now all clubs have pretty much made all their ‘ big signings’ by end November...it’s a budget driven thing...it’s a chaotic in that window at times, as I’m sure you can imagine.

I don't understand why would people give their season tickets up because of what he said at least he has even honest and open. if that has upset people then so be it bit to give up season tickets seems a a bit precious I do t know why Scott has joined Ospreys and personally can't understand it shame he has but we have to move on. I can see why in Aleds left as he wants to be first choice.
Perhaps if things were made a bit clearer then people would not jump to wrong conclusions I refer to all parties we don't need to know details of contracts money or bonuses etc and no one needs to give explanation but a bit of clarity might have helped as the silence has fanned the flames of speculation.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 8:21am
Originally posted by dantheman dantheman wrote:

Good to have you back Wil!!

Given that Pivac said that a couple of players didnt inform the region your post implies that there are a few more departures yet to announce. Rawlins might be one but there doesn't seem to be any rumours about the other.

And for what it's worth I thought the comments made about both Scott and Aled's departures in the media by the Scarlets were very respectful. Especially Scott, the Scarlets Twitter account went out of its way to emphasise it's support for his decision. Unlike of course a few other recent departures from clubs....

Absolutely, they were terrific. But some 'open to interpretation' commentary saying that management were disappointed in some player departures tainted things a little don't you think?

dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 8:33am
Fair point, I've just extracted the exact quote from Pivac below:

'Some do their own thing so [we are] very pleased with a couple of the players who went through a thorough process with us and we are disappointed with a couple of others.'

Now when you combine that with the press release when Scott departed:

'We'd also like to thank him for his honesty, dignity and humility during the process and wish him well in the next chapter of his rugby career.'

I realise that taking the first set of comments in isolation may be ambiguous about the circumstances regarding Scott's departure, but when you combine it with the second statement the ambiguity is removed.

Clearly, people are going to jump to conclusions when presented with the first set of comments in isolation but my opinion is that it's fairly clear to those who've done a bit of reading that it isn't referring to Scott. Not everyone does that reading however.....

Pivac was trying to make a point but probably the timing and certainly the precise language used wasn't ideal.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 8:33am
Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Spot on as usual EO.

I don't understand why would people give their season tickets up because of what he said at least he has even honest and open. if that has upset people then so be it bit to give up season tickets seems a a bit precious I do t know why Scott has joined Ospreys and personally can't understand it shame he has but we have to move on. I can see why in Aleds left as he wants to be first choice.
Perhaps if things were made a bit clearer then people would not jump to wrong conclusions I refer to all parties we don't need to know details of contracts money or bonuses etc and no one needs to give explanation but a bit of clarity might have helped as the silence has fanned the flames of speculation.

Honest and open about his feelings for sure, but didn't name any players, and just left the comments open to interpretation...press and social media went in to over-drive. The rest is obvious.

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 8:55am

Originally posted by Why Why wrote:

Spot on as usual EO.

Honest and open about his feelings for sure, but didn't name any players, and just left the comments open to interpretation...press and social media went in to over-drive. The rest is obvious.

No he didn't name players timing not great but the silence from all parties will only lead to further speculation. I must be thick as for the rest being obvious for us who aren't in the know as to the reason for everyone leaving 6 months after we have won title and all seemed to be happiness within squad. If there are further departures I am getting seriously worried. It is not obvious to me either why people would give up their season tickets probably me being thick again though.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 9:04am
You really just need to read the first couple of pages of this thread, it's a microcosm of what happens in social media when it's presented with that sort of stuff really.

Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 9:13am
I understand that though other than this forum I do not bother with any other social forums. I am just a worried Scarlet fan that so quickly after winning our one and only bit of silverware for so long and could see light at end of tunnel where we were building a strong competetive squad there now appears to be cracks in the togetherness of the squad and it now appears to be spreading to certain groups of fans.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 9:21am
It's a Welsh way of life, complain when doing bad, and again waiting for things to fail, and complain again.

It's a strange world we live in.

We should all just carry on. 
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 9:23am
I just think pivac had nothing much to gain from making these comments publicly. If the deals are done then it cant be changed but question the processes with the players and directors maybe. Vent your anger at the end of the season.

Edited by Matthew Cardey - 15 December 2017 at 9:29am
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 10:08am
We were Pro12 Champions last season playing the sort of rugby lesser coaches can only dream of (including Gatland and his not-so merry men). To think that there are people giving up their season tickets, because of social media miss-interpretation of one statement by the Head Coach beggars belief.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 11>
  Share Topic