Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pivac not happy

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

I'm still at a loss as to why those giving up their season tickets are taking it out on the region (and themselves, if they love the region). There's no excuse for the actions of some abusive supporters, but to completely dissociate themselves from the vast majority of other reasonable fans and the innocent region  seems daft.

Couple of points,

I'm guessing you aren't on the likes of FB, Twitter, etc Ffidel?

It can be mightily un-pleasant place unfortunately, some are equipped to deal with it, some aren't. Players obviously are, it goes with the turf.

The abuse was a direct reaction to comments made by an employee of the region, I'm really sorry but I don't see that representing innocence, un-wise commentary with an un-forecasted outcome perhaps, but not innocence.

I guess you'd have to be on the end of some of it to really understand how sour these things can go.

As for other judging people' actions, really?
We've got dozens, possibly hundreds of die hard life long Scarlets fans that won't come to support the club because we changed address, or don't serve the right beer, or, and this is the best one of all, we aren't playing well.

Come on now, lets not be overtly judgmental about people abused on line, offered violence etc, and as a result of comments made to them and deciding not to visit the club again.

Therein lies the difficulty certainly in my understanding because FB & Twitter are foreign to me so I cannot successfully put myself in the receivers' positions. Certainly personal abuse & threats of violence are outrageous and its a great shame that the perpertrators cannot be made to account for their actions. 
Sponsored Links

dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 4:23pm
I have zero clue what anyone is talking about.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 4:29pm
Then I'd suggest lock the thread.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 4:36pm
I don't agree with anyone getting abuse via social media and I don'y really understand noseybook and twa tter but surely these people can be blocked from said recipients accounts?and judged by some posts I can see this thread being used as a stick to beat pivac with,if some morons are dull enough to believe the comments are aimed at scott and aled then they are probably too thick to reason with anyway.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Issues are getting conflated here in the text! To sum up:

1. Fans resigning due to Pivacs press comments -Yep that reaction is OTT and Pathetic
2. Fans resigning due to some stupid  "fans" having a go at a player and family -Pathetic . 99% of fans would find such conduct offensive and it  but stick with their club surely. 
3. Fans abusing the player and family/friends -Pathetic conduct  and totallly and utterly unacceptable! We don't need them.

That seems a pretty good summary.

I don't use the social media in question, but anyone who abuses players, or their families, is definitely beyond the pale. Criticism of how they play (within reason, of course) is another matter. It seems definitely time to lock this unproductive thread, as Wil suggested.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 4:42pm
I'd agree with most of that, and of course posts were reported and posters blocked...although one person reincarnated themselves half a dozen times...such is the way of it.

My first post is clear about what I thought on the event, not the intention to cause harm, and borne out of some frustration, nevertheless perhaps a little un-wise.

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

You’re not the only one.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 5:01pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Originally posted by dr_martinov dr_martinov wrote:

You’re not the only one.

I, too, have not read the malicious posts on social media. 

To look on the bright side here, we can truly claim to be applying that tenet of Nietzsche's, which goes:

"Wisdom sets limits even to knowledge" (in other words, there are some things it's better NOT to know). For one's sanity, I think there's a lot of truth in that!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
2ndtimeround View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2ndtimeround Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 6:09pm

I'd agree with most of that, and of course posts were reported and posters blocked...although one person reincarnated themselves half a dozen times...such is the way of it.

My first post is clear about what I thought on the event, not the intention to cause harm, and borne out of some frustration, nevertheless perhaps a little un-wise.

I would hope the person recreating themselves and continuing to be abusive has been passed to the police to deal with, I’m sure they have new powers over that type of offence and the more often those powers are used the less occurrences we should see if the offence.
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 6:53pm
The only way to beat moronic social media bullies who have no real association with club is to stand tall chest out and belt out Soapan Fach the words of which will be alian to them
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 6:56pm

Originally posted by mammamammon mammamammon wrote:

Someone looked for another job whilst being employed.
Boss says he is unhappy he didn't know about it.

Is that it?

You can sound out another employer whenever you want. some people are up front about it, some aren't. Each to their own. 

What's all the drama about?

How do you "give up your season ticket" anyway? Is there a ceremonial burning or do you have to follow a set protocol. Or do you simply not turn up to watch the games?

I started this thread / drama right?

I've just brought some facts (and some small implications) in the last few posts as far as I can see.

We do seem to prefer some rhetoric and anecdotal information to that though, fair play to SF for that, but that's where the only drama I see comes in.

As for ST and fans see my previous post, hope it helps clarify why people may not attend, and however odd it may seem, it's still demonstrably true.

Oh for a discussion based solely on facts. The drama I see is people’s reaction to Pivac’s statement on player contract negotiations. Unwise to vent his frustrations in public in my opinion but how this results in people feeling they have the right to start abusing others, online or not, and others no longer attending is beyond my understanding.

Nice to see you forum holiday is at an end, by the way.
mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 7:19pm
Nietzsche on Scarlet Fever????😮🧐🤨🤭😷🤕

In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
mammamammon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mammamammon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 8:08pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Nietzsche on Scarlet Fever????😮🧐🤨🤭😷🤕

mammamammon

www.hopemalawiuk.com
Sosban89 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 10:59pm
Social media is the internets very own cancer. I hate it, even though everyone my age is all over it, I see almost no benefit to it given that anonymity makes people say terrible things, as well as allowing people who have no real care in the matter wind others up. aka the troll.
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 11:58pm

Originally posted by Ffidel Bennett Ffidel Bennett wrote:

I'm still at a loss as to why those giving up their season tickets are taking it out on the region (and themselves, if they love the region). There's no excuse for the actions of some abusive supporters, but to completely dissociate themselves from the vast majority of other reasonable fans and the innocent region  seems daft.

Couple of points,

I'm guessing you aren't on the likes of FB, Twitter, etc Ffidel?

It can be mightily un-pleasant place unfortunately, some are equipped to deal with it, some aren't. Players obviously are, it goes with the turf.

The abuse was a direct reaction to comments made by an employee of the region, I'm really sorry but I don't see that representing innocence, un-wise commentary with an un-forecasted outcome perhaps, but not innocence.

I guess you'd have to be on the end of some of it to really understand how sour these things can go.

As for other judging people' actions, really?
We've got dozens, possibly hundreds of die hard life long Scarlets fans that won't come to support the club because we changed address, or don't serve the right beer, or, and this is the best one of all, we aren't playing well.

Come on now, lets not be overtly judgmental about people abused on line, offered violence etc, and as a result of comments made to them, deciding they would prefer not to visit the club again.

As I said in my first post, I hope time will heal that.

Wil.
I do have a Facebook account, but  use it infrequently, usually only to share articles of mutual  interest with a few "friends".
As for Twitter -it's the medium Trump (who has never read a book) uses and I can't really see where it would fit into any reasoned, detailed argument, so I've never bothered.
So you are right,  I've never experienced any abuse or threats in these media, although I have in real life and by e-mail, and can't really see what's so special about these media that make me totally incapable of understanding what the "raft" of West Wales supporters have gone through and that would make them want to stop supporting the Scarlets. You're going to get nutters in the followers of every mass sport and in my view Wayne Pivac or other Scarlets'  officials have done precious little to incite them and are undeserving of the response of the erstwhile ST holders..     
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 12:29am
imagine being so buthurt in 2017 to give up your season ticket
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
  Share Topic