Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Quade Cooper

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 9:21pm
Originally posted by henry_winkler henry_winkler wrote:

Duane Vermeulen

You heard it here first.

Henry, your back! Star
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Sponsored Links

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 9:48pm

Duane Vermeulen

You heard it here first.

and last.
Rich (Bris) View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 9:57pm
Originally posted by Realwest Realwest wrote:

Carr has stated that hes going back to south africa after his stint at wasps

Last I heard was yes he was going back but only for 6 months (till end of the normal SA season and end of his current contract there) and he indicated he'd be keen to give back to Wasps for a longer contract
Tiercel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiercel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:30pm

Duane Vermeulen

You heard it here first.

Looks as if he can play an off loading game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft7DXoBgt10
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 December 2017 at 10:40pm
Wasn’t there something about Vermeulen training with us for a week before?
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 10:17am
any 1 else think cooper is hugely over rated?  the odd bit of skill doesn't make up for a lot of the garbage he does.

His basic skills and game management are awful at time

Edited by RR1972 - 08 December 2017 at 10:18am
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 10:29am
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

any 1 else think cooper is hugely over rated?  the odd bit of skill doesn't make up for a lot of the garbage he does.

Cooper is a busted flush. His time at Toulon was terrible. I cannot see any European team paying good money for him.
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 12:22pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Cooper is a busted flush. His time at Toulon was terrible. I cannot see any European team paying good money for him.

Dragons CEO: *hold my two-pinter*

Edited by PearlJam - 08 December 2017 at 12:23pm
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 12:27pm
It looks like the dragons are interested in him now, although if you believe everything in the press at the moment then they are interested in anything with a pulse and a pair of rugby boots. They’ve been in touch with my agent already, but I’ll rather sit in the south stand and watch a class rugby team.
He will probably fit their demographic too, a 30 something fly half on big wages.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 12:29pm
Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Dragons CEO: *hold my two-pinter*

BBC have literally broke this story now
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 12:37pm
How can the Dragons reward for years of barely even scraping mediocrity be WRU money to outbid other regions with (Moriarty), bid for flakey almost 30 mercenaries (Cooper) and bring home expensive, poor value for money Internationals (North)?
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

Wasn’t there something about Vermeulen training with us for a week before?
No that was Kankowski. It was nonsense though, asked him about it and he denied it.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 1:32pm
I thought Dragons were skint before being helped by WRU.are the WRU really going to fund an Australian has been. They might not be doing it directly but by them funding Welsh players going to Dragons will leave money to fund Cooper and the like.
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 1:42pm
Seems odd that our Union is prepared to fund a player that will block the development of a young Welsh player ! Another issue is the fact that Cooper will never play for Wales, yet indirectly our Union seem prepared to fund him.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 1:51pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Seems odd that our Union is prepared to fund a player that will block the development of a young Welsh player ! Another issue is the fact that Cooper will never play for Wales, yet indirectly our Union seem prepared to fund him.

Cooper and Henson in the same team?

that will work out wellLOLLOLLOL
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 December 2017 at 1:59pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

It looks like the dragons are interested in him now, although if you believe everything in the press at the moment then they are interested in anything with a pulse and a pair of rugby boots. They’ve been in touch with my agent already, but I’ll rather sit in the south stand and watch a class rugby team.
He will probably fit their demographic too, a 30 something fly half on big wages.

Just noticed now how many stories on Wales online about everyman and his dog at the Drags since the WRU took over them
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic