Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

George North to Ospreys - Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 2:02pm
As I've said before if money were no object George would be a good acquisition but I would prefer to add the £140K to Barclays cost & get a cracking No 8 carrier. 
Sponsored Links

diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 2:13pm
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

It's win-win really - if he comes on a NDC, great - we get a top player (OK, on form and fit) at a knock-down price; if he doesn't, we'll spend any cash we have elsewhere - maybe on that elusive ball-carrying forward - and develop our upcoming wing talent.

No problem, either way.

This exactly. Just said a lot better than I said it!
TheKing View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TheKing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by knutsfordlion knutsfordlion wrote:

I have a funny feeling that he will be with us next season on his NDC.

I know that WP has distanced himself but say what you like, he is box office, and would put bums on seats.
Also I think George would enjoy working with Stevo and the style of rugby he would be asked to buy into.

All will be revealed in the New Year.

I appreciate we need an 8 and another carrier up front, and that WP feels we have the youngsters out wide who are the future, but they can be developed gradually I suggest.

If we could help George rediscover the form he had a few years ago in Australia with the Lions, then he would be an asset for sure.

His game has stalled in his time at the Saints, which is no surprise.

Watch this space.WinkWink

I think he would have been a great signing had we not signed halfpenney. But as it is, we’d have a big earner as second choice in the back three if he signed, and I think the money would be much better spent on a box office first choice 8
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 6:28pm
I think its time now for George to move to the centre anyway. having single position threequarters isnt good for the squad.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 6:55pm
Not known for his defensive and hard tackling skills mind. 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 7:06pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Not known for his defensive and hard tackling skills mind. 

Or indeed his workrate in general which would be a problem anywhere except wing.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 9:23pm
We are knocking a player that we used to love, prior to him leaving for the saints. We could be having him back at a knockdown price and have first refusal.
I don’t know whether he would want to return to us, especially after the way he departed, but if he did I’m sure he would do a great job whether at centre or on the wing. The coaches have a proven track record of improving players both offensively and defensively so any perceived frailty in his defence would be worked on and he would be signing for a region whose back line is known for playing a very exciting and attaching game so he would see plenty of ball.
Plus, we have a very settled squad of players and coaches who know what’s expected of each other and who are hopefully going to stick around for a while, which can’t be underestimated.
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 8:16am
A legend in his own mind. We don't want him as he will disrupt a happy harmonious dressing room. 

NO THANKS
Give Blood, Play Rugby
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 8:34am
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

A legend in his own mind. We don't want him as he will disrupt a happy harmonious dressing room. 

NO THANKS
axe fully ground with that post.
redeyes View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redeyes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 8:56am
I dont think another current international would benefit the squad, neither is another wing at the top of our shopping list.
The stadium may change, but the dream will remain the same!

reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 9:08am
Didn’t his father say in response to us developing George for the English clubs that we lacked ambition or similar words when he left us for the money. Thanks for that . Nice 🤔
Captain View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Captain Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 9:11am
Lets be honest, we need a player like him to add another level to our back line. When it is wet weather, our current back three cannot truck it up, and it leaves our centres to do all the work.
I think a lot of posters have had a few to many festive drinks if they do not think he will add to our team,
by the way - Merry Christmas everyone.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 9:19am
I like him, and hope he will sign soon...maybe he can be our new 13...
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 9:26am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Didn’t his father say in response to us developing George for the English clubs that we lacked ambition or similar words when he left us for the money. Thanks for that . Nice 🤔
foxy said a similar thing in a press release before his move to Clermont/
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 9:36am
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

We are knocking a player that we used to love, prior to him leaving for the saints. We could be having him back at a knockdown price and have first refusal.
I don’t know whether he would want to return to us, especially after the way he departed, but if he did I’m sure he would do a great job whether at centre or on the wing. The coaches have a proven track record of improving players both offensively and defensively so any perceived frailty in his defence would be worked on and he would be signing for a region whose back line is known for playing a very exciting and attaching game so he would see plenty of ball.
Plus, we have a very settled squad of players and coaches who know what’s expected of each other and who are hopefully going to stick around for a while, which can’t be underestimated.
1carmscarletsfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 1carmscarletsfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2017 at 9:41am
George walks in to any team in northern hemisphere. I agree his form has dipped since joining the Saints but just look how poor they are playing. When he played for us and our style he was at his best and I'm sure if he did sign for us he could return to that form. unfortunately I can see him joint the Dragons or worse the Ospreys.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 42>
  Share Topic