Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

George North to Ospreys - Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rich (Bris) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 1:41pm
The thing is that George knows what happened and what the situation is now and what Bernard Jackman or anyone else says about it will have no effect on him I'm sure.
Sponsored Links

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 1:50pm
The Scarlets are on the crest of a wave. An easy draw for any player surely? I’d still hold out and try to sign josh Adams next year mind.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 2:07pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

The Scarlets are on the crest of a wave. An easy draw for any player surely? I’d still hold out and try to sign josh Adams next year mind.
thought he was considering a highly lucrative deal to stay at Worcester - may have already signed it but not announced...this deal will make him ineligible for Wales so quite possibly the reason its not yet announced - player privacy.
Now already he is already an international, if its true about a very lucrative deal put in front of him by his current club its very much a Tadhg Beirne scenario.
- Does he come home to add to his caps - not to win his first cap.
- Does he come home to be in contention for the world cup.
- Does he stay at his current side for big cash.
I know which of the above we as fans would want on this forum! would not surprise me in the slightest if he stayed for another contract at Worcester.

He could come back for less money and miss out. this is where choosing the right environment comes into it.
supertaf View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 2:11pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

thought he was considering a highly lucrative deal to stay at Worcester - may have already signed it but not announced...this deal will make him ineligible for Wales so quite possibly the reason its not yet announced - player privacy.
Now already he is already an international, if its true about a very lucrative deal put in front of him by his current club its very much a Tadhg Beirne scenario.
I know which of the above we as fans would want on this forum! would not surprise me in the slightest if he stayed for another contract at Worcester.

He could come back for less money and miss out. this is where choosing the right environment comes into it.
Hopefully the boys will be working on him in Wales camp, who wouldn't want to play in our backline at the moment?
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 2:22pm
Originally posted by supertaf supertaf wrote:

Hopefully the boys will be working on him in Wales camp, who wouldn't want to play in our backline at the moment?
well he's  already seen what its like v Scotland!
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 2:23pm
also would we get first dibs on him should he return? not too sure how that works. I am assuming so being a former scarlet??

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 2:26pm

also would we get first dibs on him should he return? not too sure how that works. I am assuming so being a former scarlet??

Only if he was to return on a NDC. 
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 2:34pm
Worcester doesn't appear to be in the best of shape right now. Would they be offering huge contracts in their present circumstances? 
scarletsmad_87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsmad_87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 3:14pm
Originally posted by solva solva wrote:

Worcester doesn't appear to be in the best of shape right now. Would they be offering huge contracts in their present circumstances? 

Second from bottom in the Premiership and announced yesterday their Head Coach Carl Hogg is leaving at the end of the season.  
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 3:35pm
Originally posted by scarletsmad_87 scarletsmad_87 wrote:

Second from bottom in the Premiership and announced yesterday their Head Coach Carl Hogg is leaving at the end of the season.  

They have a wealthy backer and like Bristol, regardless of being in the championship or battling it out to stay in Premiership, there are always big deals from them offered. plus, I cant see them going down. London Irish are pretty dire.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 3:55pm
I thought Adams signed a new contract last/this season for Worcester, keeping him there for a further 2 or 3 years?
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 3:58pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

I thought Adams signed a new contract last/this season for Worcester, keeping him there for a further 2 or 3 years?

Out of contract at the end of next season.

You would think a return to Wales would be on the cards if he continues to shine & wishes to continue his international career as he won't be able to hit the 60 game international target before then.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 3:59pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

I think it's this season he extended his stay beyond next summer. wouldn't swear to it mind.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 4:03pm

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

See Jackman has started a war of words suggesting on a rugby chat show in Dublin that North was sold by the Scarlets without his knowledge back in 2013. He really needs to learn to keep his powder dry. It appears that the protocol is that George must firstly refuse to join the Scarlets before any other interested region can approach him. It also appears that this refusal has not been made yet. 

plus blues and ospreys have both ruled themselves out, and the Dragons...well, I doubt they can afford him as they now need to negotiate a contract with Tyler Morgan where they will be payin 100% of it as he has lost his NDC. so that may be a cost they may not have seen coming.

Funny thing is, the could have had Ross Morriarty and George North on NDCs which would have worked out cheaper than the Ross MorriartyDragon only deal! baffling what they did!

anyways, personally, I believe George would want to be at a side with quality coaches, a brilliant working environment, and more importantly, a player of Georges status, top flight rugby.

Now he left us to realistically challenge for silver wear. has he lost the desire to be in a side that competes for silver wear? I doubt it.
have Jackman and the (r)evolution lost a lot of respect? most definitely.

I have no idea where George will end up, but he is to be selected with 10 Scarlet players during the 6N, he will most certainly get a feel of what its like.

He left the Scarlets because he had no choice
Why do you say he had no choice?

he stated he was leaving once his contract ended, and Northampton were willing to buy him out.
would not say that was no choice. his mind was made up that he was leaving to challenge for silver wear but had a year left to run. Scarlets at the time sold him - when they could have got nothing. now if it was a case of going to Northampton because Scarlets and no other club would pay his wages then that is no choice. If he turned down the offer from Northampton and there was no other offer, he would have still been at scarlets. So I would not say he had "no choice".
Anyways, that was then, this is now. This is not the same region as back then with the people now in charge.
That's not what happened
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
solva View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 4:16pm

They have a wealthy backer and like Bristol, regardless of being in the championship or battling it out to stay in Premiership, there are always big deals from them offered. plus, I cant see them going down. London Irish are pretty dire.

Just had a cast around on the internet - Adams' contract runs upto summer 2019. And the owner of Wuss is still trying to offload his 'investment.' 
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2018 at 4:20pm

Just had a cast around on the internet - Adams' contract runs upto summer 2019. And the owner of Wuss is still trying to offload his 'investment.' 

As noted above.

There were rumours flying around that the NGD were going to explore buying him out of the final year of his contract.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2627282930 42>
  Share Topic