Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

George North to Ospreys - Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 42>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 11:55am
whats the link red army?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 5:51pm
Ospreys just announced their wing signing for next season.....
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 6:12pm
http://www.ospreysrugby.com/News/Article/51622
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 6:19pm
Be careful, my heart stopped until I opened the link..LOL
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 6:40pm
maybe people in the press put 2 and 2 together and came up with North. When in fact they were signing some random Namibian.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 6:44pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

maybe people in the press put 2 and 2 together and came up with North. When in fact they were signing some random Namibian.
That's not true.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 6:50pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

That's not true.

What isnt? I did start the sentence with the word "maybe" lol.

Strange if the Ospresys are actually signing this guy , and North. When clearly their priority signings are everywhere else but wing.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:36pm
North is not the answer to the ospreys half back problem. But every region will be interested in having him.
Tiercel View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiercel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 9:33pm
Even with the limited rugby knowledge I have, I can see as he stands now he would not fit in to a Scarlet back line. They play as a team, work for each other. How many try assists has G N given compared to say Steff or Johnny? That is not to say he could not learn how to act as part of a team.

With out a doubt he is a world class finisher, but at the moment the only thing on his mind when he gets the ball is crossing the whitewash himself, no thought of the wider picture.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 9:26am
Wayne Pivac reveals the Scarlets contacted Northampton Saints about securing an early release for George.

Originally posted by Wayne Pivac Wayne Pivac wrote:

I have investigated and the answer was no, George was staying at Northampton.”

We are looking behind the scenes at what players are available (for next season) and he is one of them.

But nothing has changed from the last time I spoke on this.

Everyone knows there will be a decision after the Six Nations and in the meantime we are looking at other options in case he doesn’t come here.

philtheturk56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 9:39am
George N should now be part of a SOAP SERIES!!

Been going on weeks/months!!!

make your mind up man!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 9:49am
Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

George N should now be part of a SOAP SERIES!!

Been going on weeks/months!!!

make your mind up man!

To be fair I think Wayne said a couple of weeks ago, that a decision wouldn't be made until after the 6 nations. Now thinking back the initial announcement that I think was made in November (ish), it is my thinking now that George had it in his mind he was joining the Ospreys but he is now waiting to see if they qualify for the Champions Cup before he makes his final decision.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 10:13am
This thread will have more pages than the Word Association thread by the time we know where George is heading LOLLOLLOL
Scarlets!!!
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 11:09am
  Am I the only one bored with this saga?  Not sure he would fit into our team ethos but the dog in me would hate to see hin going to another Welsh region! The fact he's dalaying announcement until it suits him thus holding up four regions' recruitment plans for next year, maybe indicative that he's only really interested in international honours.  Region/club is just a stepping stone for him.  Hope I'm wrong, hope his best is still ahead of him, hope he stays injury free and if all the above comes right hope he comes back to us. 
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Wayne Pivac reveals the Scarlets contacted Northampton Saints about securing an early release for George.

Originally posted by Wayne Pivac Wayne Pivac wrote:

I have investigated and the answer was no, George was staying at Northampton.”

We are looking behind the scenes at what players are available (for next season) and he is one of them.

But nothing has changed from the last time I spoke on this.

Everyone knows there will be a decision after the Six Nations and in the meantime we are looking at other options in case he doesn’t come here.

The number of times Pivac has said recruitment for next season is finished only to come out later saying we were looking at this or that LOL

I though we weren't looking for another back three player to begin with.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
InTheBath View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote InTheBath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 March 2018 at 11:31am
Isn't this saga mainly fueled by Wales Online articles and gossip? Does anyone know what he actually wants or what he has said?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3637383940 42>
  Share Topic