Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

George North to Ospreys - Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: George North to Ospreys - Confirmed
    Posted: 12 December 2017 at 9:04pm
I have a funny feeling that he will be with us next season on his NDC.

I know that WP has distanced himself but say what you like, he is box office, and would put bums on seats.
Also I think George would enjoy working with Stevo and the style of rugby he would be asked to buy into.

All will be revealed in the New Year.

I appreciate we need an 8 and another carrier up front, and that WP feels we have the youngsters out wide who are the future, but they can be developed gradually I suggest.

If we could help George rediscover the form he had a few years ago in Australia with the Lions, then he would be an asset for sure.

His game has stalled in his time at the Saints, which is no surprise.

Watch this space.WinkWink

Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 9:07pm
Is it
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 9:20pm
I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him resign for us on a NDC. He knows that he would get well looked after, not flogged, he would get a lot more ball in space, so wouldn’t be forced into taking contact (which he has been forced to do whilst playing for Northampton (in a very physical league) and for Wales.
He would get a chance to use his undoubted pace and get re-acquated with JD, and HP and also get to work under one of the most thought of and rated backs coaches in the game.
Why would he want to join any of the other regions in their current position.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 9:36pm
Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

I wouldn’t be surprised at all to see him resign for us on a NDC. He knows that he would get well looked after, not flogged, he would get a lot more ball in space, so wouldn’t be forced into taking contact (which he has been forced to do whilst playing for Northampton (in a very physical league) and for Wales.
He would get a chance to use his undoubted pace and get re-acquated with JD, and HP and also get to work under one of the most thought of and rated backs coaches in the game.
Why would he want to join any of the other regions in their current position.
He might be seduced by the fairy story of future dreams at the Dragons.

Whether that’s been written by the Grimm family, or that’s how it all ends with the lowest player budget, only time will tell.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 9:37pm
Would be a key signing from a marketing perspective and undoubtedly put more bums on seats. I’d like to think that at 25 and after a downturn in form over the last few years he would see us as the natural team to help re-ignite his form. I’d be thrilled if he came back home, but wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t. We wait and see!
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 9:52pm
Martyn Williams reckons only two teams in the running. My guess is Drags and Blues.
Joshua24:15
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 9:59pm
I’d really rather not. We have a bit of money to spend and if we want to be a serious contender, year on year, for the league and the Champions Cup we need to nail this recruitment and George doesn’t represent value for money or a sensible signing.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 9:59pm
We get first dibs don't we?
Keep the faith
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 10:41pm
We have great talent coming through on the wing. Baldwin,Conbeer, Rogers, Lewis .How many more do we want!!.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
stevve View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stevve Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 10:42pm
The move seems to make more sense for George than for the club in my view. Wing is publicly not somewhere Pivac is in the market for.
His undoubted talent notwithstanding, NDC players are a double-edged sword missing the international windows and being limited in terms of availabilty.
He would benefit from working with our backline and the Midas Touch of Stevo, but at this point do we need to pump considerable money and obstruct the development of a possible future star by rolling the dice?
Personally I feel there are several other positions where we urgently need strengthening.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 11:02pm
Agree we don't need him, can't afford him etc. But f it, get him anyway. He's a superstar!! LOLBig smile
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 11:16pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

We have great talent coming through on the wing. Baldwin,Conbeer, Rogers, Lewis .How many more do we want!!.
I'd be very surprised to see us pushing the boat out to land him like we did with Leigh. One thing we desperately needed was a reliable goal kicker and we signed a world renowned one. It seems like Pivac had been after Leigh for quite some time - I don't get that impression about George.

One thing we don't need is another Back 3 player who will be missing at the same time as Steff and Leigh.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 11:20pm
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

Would be a key signing from a marketing perspective and undoubtedly put more bums on seats. I’d like to think that at 25 and after a downturn in form over the last few years he would see us as the natural team to help re-ignite his form. I’d be thrilled if he came back home, but wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t. We wait and see!
I doubt it.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2017 at 11:34pm
can he bulk up some more and play 8? :)
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 12:26am
Currently I'm more confident with Dan kicking than hp.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 December 2017 at 12:28am
George playing no 8, how funny would that be. He’s probably big enough and he certainly would take some stopping if he was to pick up and carry from the back of the scrum.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 42>
  Share Topic