Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

George North to Ospreys - Confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 42>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 8:54pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Yep he was a new man. hungry for the ball and involved. He would thrive down here with our game tbh and if he joined one of the other Welsh regions it would just show his lack of judgment tbh. An intelligent decision has to be the Scarlets if anyone.

Agree 100% with all of that Dave
Sponsored Links

Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 9:13pm
Yes, it was great to see him looking for work, coming off his wing, taking his 2 tries well and celebrating them like they were his first 2 tries for Wales.
On his current form he would be a brilliant addition to our squad for next season and beyond. He will be looked after by the coaches, will see plenty of ball in open space, score lots of tries and also have a realistic chance of winning silverware.
If he chooses another region over us then we would have to presume that he is only interested in his international ambitions and isn’t too bothered about regional rugby.
cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 9:14pm
I concur, he looked really sharp today.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 9:37pm
He played well today. But call me a cynic, I cant help but think, because we hold all the aces in the current talks, his agent is mooting this early release to the Os to try and get a bidding war going.

I will be happy if he comes, but not overly upset if he goes elsewhere. Considering how many games we will have him for.

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 9:45pm
"Having this game as a focus was a good thing for me. To get a start for your country means everything, it's all I work for.

Hmmmmm.
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 11:51pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

He played well today. But call me a cynic, I cant help but think, because we hold all the aces in the current talks, his agent is mooting this early release to the Os to try and get a bidding war going.

I will be happy if he comes, but not overly upset if he goes elsewhere. Considering how many games we will have him for.

The price is already set on his agreed NDC. So this isn't accurate.
Scarlets before Wales
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 3:50am

<span style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 24px;">"Having this game as a focus was a good thing for me. To get a start for your country means everything, it's all I work for.</span>
<span style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 24px;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 24px;">
</span>
<span style="color: rgb37, 37, 37; font-family: ReithSans, Arial, Helvetica, freesans, sans-serif; font-size: 24px;">Hmmmmm.</span>

Foxy?
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 9:41am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

Until George turns down Scarlets, or, Scarlets turn down George, then he is unable to speak with another region. Unless that region puts in a regional offer - which I seriously doubt any of them can afford as they have already mentioned they can not afford the 40%!

Edited by PE SA - 12 March 2018 at 9:42am
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 9:53am
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

Until George turns down Scarlets, or, Scarlets turn down George, then he is unable to speak with another region. Unless that region puts in a regional offer - which I seriously doubt any of them can afford as they have already mentioned they can not afford the 40%!

I don't think that's true
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 2:14pm

Not accurate. 
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 2:33pm
Tend to agree with Wasp here. George is duty bound to talk to his region of origin first. That doesn't preclude him from also talking to other regions or indeed signing for them. Leigh Halfpenny talked to the Blues but ended up with us. On the subject of Leigh didn't he look dangerous from the first minute he was on yesterday. His work at PYS is starting to pay off. 
HollowayScarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HollowayScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 4:00pm
A few pundits and journalists have been highlighting how Parkes and North were linking up well, and how this could be a factor in his transfer decision.

Would he rather be working with the pair of Parkes-Davies or Williams-Watkins? No doubt these are the 4 centres who are mostly like to be involved in the Wales camp for the next few years. 

GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 4:14pm
Both very strong pairings. For the World Cup I can see all 4 selected with Foxy a clear favourite at 13 and, on recent form Hadleigh at 12. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of George's friendship with Scott when the final decision is made. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 4:23pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Both very strong pairings. For the World Cup I can see all 4 selected with Foxy a clear favourite at 13 and, on recent form Hadleigh at 12. I wouldn't underestimate the importance of George's friendship with Scott when the final decision is made. 

I wouldn't argue with that, however it would be a bit of a gamble as the O's don't yet have a coach for next season. He's also relying on Aled and Sam Davies hitting it off immediately as their HB's.
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 4:37pm
75 tests 34 tries aged 25. Incredible. 
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2018 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

Not accurate. 

I thought we had to turn each other down before he was able to speak with someone else?

First refusal...?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3435363738 42>
  Share Topic