Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > AWAY GAMES / TRIPS
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Treviso flight cancelled

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote solihullscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 3:31pm
Any spaces?
#UniteAndFight against the crooked Pro12
Sponsored Links

philtheturk56 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philtheturk56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Try to save all the pennies now don't they? So charter flights and shortest possible stays to incur the lowest amount of costs. Look to save everywhere. I hope they get out there?! What will happen with the game if they don't?

True, but don't underestimate the additional costs when the SA sides joined. 

Budgets for this season were set some time ago, but with the addition of a trip to SA, no additional funds have been made available by PRO14 to anyone as far as I know. Whilst we were out in SA, Edinburgh were also there for 2 weeks, and reversed fixtures with us.

Had a quick look, and can't find any flights into Venice today from UK. All flights leaving today get in early tomorrow am.

Book a hotel, fly tomorrow, play Sunday return Monday.

I was led to believe that ALL costs involved going to SA are met by Guinness!
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 December 2017 at 6:23pm
Originally posted by philtheturk56 philtheturk56 wrote:

Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Try to save all the pennies now don't they? So charter flights and shortest possible stays to incur the lowest amount of costs. Look to save everywhere. I hope they get out there?! What will happen with the game if they don't?

True, but don't underestimate the additional costs when the SA sides joined. 

Budgets for this season were set some time ago, but with the addition of a trip to SA, no additional funds have been made available by PRO14 to anyone as far as I know. Whilst we were out in SA, Edinburgh were also there for 2 weeks, and reversed fixtures with us.

Had a quick look, and can't find any flights into Venice today from UK. All flights leaving today get in early tomorrow am.

Book a hotel, fly tomorrow, play Sunday return Monday.

I was led to believe that ALL costs involved going to SA are met by Guinness!

You may well be right. Things may have changed since I got my information.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 8:24am
anyone know if our supporters managed to get out there?
Matthew Cardey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Matthew Cardey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 8:44am
Not many of the supporters on the scheduled flight from bristol would have been able to find a different route. Alternative options were long and expensive.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 9:13am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

I'd like reassurance that the TEAM managed to get there! I assume they did, somehow, on the charter...
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 9:56am
Italian air traffic controllers on strike yesterday between 1pm to 5pm
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 9:57am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

I'd like reassurance that the TEAM managed to get there! I assume they did, somehow, on the charter...
Team have made it
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 11:30am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Team have made it

Thanks - that's a relief. I hope the rearranged travel arrangements won't have been too tiring for the boys.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 12:11pm
Barclay abd Rob Evs normally keep everyone up most of the night with a variety of practical jokes, I wouldn’t worry Aber!
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 December 2017 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Barclay abd Rob Evs normally keep everyone up most of the night with a variety of practical jokes, I wouldn’t worry Aber!

Well, if the boys can play to a standard after that, they need less sleep than I do!Smile

(And I see they're doing just that today)Thumbs Up
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 December 2017 at 7:06pm
Just home from Treviso. Sympathy to all those that had there flights cancelled but we did our best to support the team. Great welcome from Treviso and a great performance. Great travelling support who made it yet again a wonderful Scarlet weekend. Roll on to Bath.
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic