Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 389>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:01pm
So, sounds like there will be  a load of #Tnewsday contract renewals as opposed to new signings
Think, think, think - it's a thinking man's game!! - The Great Carwyn James.
Sponsored Links

Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:03pm
Originally posted by haydn_davies haydn_davies wrote:

So, sounds like there will be  a load of #Tnewsday contract renewals as opposed to new signings

That's how I read it too.Confused
Why View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Why Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:06pm
Will be just as interesting to find out who isn’t renewing 
She asks why i still can't answer. I guess its in the blood.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:07pm
While it's great that players re-sign, I can't help but feel a little underwhelmed by the tone of the press release.
Scrletsfan32x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrletsfan32x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:07pm
Excellent news that we have managed to keep re-sign the best loose head in Wales for the next few years.
Hopefully we have a replacement for Jake and Tex in the pipeline as we are losing a lot of grunt with them both leaving next season.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:11pm
Usual nonsense,if wyn was going anywhere the rugby paper and then WOL would have run it,glad he has signed but given the week we have had i would have expected some big news.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:17pm
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Usual nonsense,if wyn was going anywhere the rugby paper and then WOL would have run it,glad he has signed but given the week we have had i would have expected some big news.
What week have we had?
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

What week have we had?

Jac moving to the Liberty.
haydn_davies View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haydn_davies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:21pm
Add Tex and Ball leaving to that.

Need some good news about replacements rather than renewals TBH.
ynysddurfc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ynysddurfc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:21pm
Retaining existing top players is as important, if not more than announcing new signings. What's the point of announcing a big name signing if lots of existing key players leave?

Agreed, news has been pretty rubbish lately, but hopefully we now move on and announce those that have re-signed. Let's face it - most of what is passed around in the press is just feed from the agents during the contract negotiations.

Fingers crossed that after these we also announce some new signings - hopefully of the quality of those that they replace
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:25pm
A little bit underwhelming that it’s just 1 renewal- albeit a very big and important one from a player point of view.  It would be nice for them to have announced a few renewals at the same time.
This way only leaves supporters worried about the situation with the current squad members who are out of contract this summer.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:29pm
Be patient, and trust in Jon Daniels and the Board please. 
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:30pm
Great news. Swings and roundabouts. Players come and unfortunately players go. We’ll survive. 
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

What week have we had?

Jac moving to the Liberty.
Yeah they lose one young player and it’s the end of the world. Forget the fact the Scarlets are by far the best placed Welsh region off the field, with the highest playing budget and the strongest squad which will remain the case next season. People need to wait until they see the final make up of their squad before panicking.

Also it would be extremely dumb to announce a host of new signings while the WRU and the four pro clubs are in negotiations to secure a loan/grant which will ensure the future of Welsh rugby.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Great news. Swings and roundabouts. Players come and unfortunately players go. We’ll survive. 
Yep exactly 
sospanman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote sospanman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 January 2021 at 2:36pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Indeed. But I think that the majority of supporters have higher ambitions for our great club than mere survival.
Ymlaen Llanelli Scarlets
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 193194195196197 389>
  Share Topic