Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 389>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

hope its fine scarletnut! still not good for blood pressure

I'm with you on this.
Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 1:41pm
I'd be nervous if we hadn't actually signed someone. But we have, the ink is on the contract. It couldn't have been easy mind as we had to make a late switch from Moriarty. But if the replacements for Barclay and Beirne are playing Super Rugby then even at base level they will be more than decent players.

I think that Super Rugby will have a lot of Scarlets fans viewing this season, all window shopping. Its going to clock up some pages this thread.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 4:33pm
I’m sure that the board have got most of their negotiating done but sometimes etiquette and the legal process dictates that they can’t just announce who they have signed. I have every faith in the coaches and the board to have almost finalised the squad for next season. As has been said several times in this thread already, why are we getting worried about who’s coming and who’s going when there is still 3-4 months of this season left to play. Remember the good old days when we were still trying to finalise things as the new season was about to start, I don’t want to go back to those days - they certainly weren’t good for the old blood pressure.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 February 2018 at 8:34pm
“Relax, it’ll be fine”, is one of the worst things you can say to someone on medication, whether for blood pressure or something else.

I’m not on medication (long may that be so) and I’m relaxed.

I am a glass half full, or better........except when I empty it.

FWIW

😁
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 1:07pm
Any announcements expected today from the club.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 1:08pm
They usually give it a miss the Tuesday before a wales game.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 1:15pm
That's a lot of missed Tuesdays then.🤔
Keep the faith
philturk View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote philturk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 4:02pm
Rob Howley has allegedly signed a contract with Scarlets.....

....to sell ice-cream at the Steps concert
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 5:49pm
Originally posted by philturk philturk wrote:

Rob Howley has allegedly signed a contract with Scarlets.....

....to sell ice-cream at the Steps concert

would still mess it upWink
BlackwoodScarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackwoodScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 6:27pm
North to Blues along with Malinder
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 6:55pm
I know that they are marginally better then the ospreys but that would be a major step down in quality for GN. There is also a culture within the club that seems to see a constant turnaround of coaches and players alike. There’s no continuity at the blues other than the continuous change of management and players.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 7:00pm
Have Blues found some more money for all these big earning, alleged, newcomers?
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by BlackwoodScarlet BlackwoodScarlet wrote:

North to Blues along with Malinder

Judging from the article, the Fail are putting 2 plus 2 together and getting 5. All it basically says is that if Malinder goes to the Blues then as North has worked with him before he might be attracted to them.

FWIW I don't think Malinder is a particularly good option for the Blues. As shown at Saints he hasn't adjusted to the higher tempo game that is beginning to prevail in the NH over the last few years and he won't have the money he had at Saints to recruit a big ball carrying pack.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 February 2018 at 8:18pm
Didn’t he also state that North was the biggest waste of money he had signed ?
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 February 2018 at 7:56pm
Wells starts for the Tahs at 8 tomorrow. It's on sky sports action at 8.45am.

Edited by dantheman - 23 February 2018 at 7:57pm
mark in sydney View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote mark in sydney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2018 at 6:36am
looks like Wells has made the No8 position his at the Tahs, he is not a big ball carrier that some would like to see but would do well at 8 or blindside ... be interesting when these rumours are confirmed by the club ..

He certainly has the fitness and skills to play in the system we now have under Pivac having a 7s background

Next Tahs home game is March 18 a sunday afternoon kick off ... 2 away games Sharks and Jags I think ? ...

If we do get this confirmed by the club I will try and get a word with him after the Rebs game as players turn up at the life members function post game

Will remind him he will  be joining best team in Wales and one of the best (the best IMHO ) in Europe Smile

I was there ...one Tuesday when the All Blacks came (and lost)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3132333435 389>
  Share Topic