Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 389>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:06pm
Bet foxy parkes halfpenny  and mcnicholl  co can't wait to be coached by Dai Flannigan LOL
Sponsored Links

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:24pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Bet foxy parkes halfpenny  and mcnicholl  co can't wait to be coached by Dai Flannigan LOL
What’s the joke ?
Mundoscarlet View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mundoscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:37pm
rr wants the coaching job me thinks if he is upto it 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by Mundoscarlet Mundoscarlet wrote:

rr wants the coaching job me thinks if he is upto it 

show me the money I'm up for it Tongue
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

What’s the joke ?

we have world class backs about to be coached, by an ex semi pro player who has never coached at the highest level to my knowledge?

we have a head coach from Canterbury crusaders set up, a defence coach from super 14 rugby who has been a head coach in nz and a coach in the Aviva premiership and a backs coach from the semi pro and age group set up

Not hard to see the weak link there , the rfc hardly ripped up trees under him did they?

This forum is  for people to air their views in a respectful polite manner  and not a vehicle for cheerleaders to laud every appointment the region makes

Sorry if this offends some of you but a prop who made 0 apperances  for the dragons when he was there and 17 in 3 full seasons at the ashtrays does not fill with me with optimism and neither does promoting Flannigan to be our backs coach.

Edited by RR1972 - 24 May 2019 at 3:50pm
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:55pm

same can be said about the pack.... 
BBledd View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BBledd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 3:59pm

What’s the joke ?

we have world class backs about to be coached, by an ex semi pro player who has never coached at the highest level to my knowledge?

we have a head coach from Canterbury crusaders set up, a defence coach from super 14 rugby who has been a head coach in nz and a coach in the Aviva premiership and a backs coach from the semi pro and age group set up

Not hard to see the weak link there , the rfc hardly ripped up trees under him did they?

This forum is  for people to air their views in a respectful polite manner  and not a vehicle for cheerleaders to laud every appointment the region makes

Sorry if this offends some of you but a prop who made 0 apperances  for the dragons when he was there and 17 in 3 full seasons at the ashtrays does not fill with me with optimism and neither does promoting Flannigan to be our backs coach.

Scarlet nut said that Whitting will be backs coach as well.
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 4:05pm

What’s the joke ?

What sort of top level playing career did Graham Henry have? Or Steve Hansen? Or Wayne Pivac? 

I wonder if the players scoffed when they started their top level coaching career. 

The RFC seem to have been playing pretty well over the last few weeks when they’ve had some decent players available. Flanagan must’ve impressed over the past few years to be given this promotion. He’s a junior member of the coaching team, under Mooar and Whiffi, so his relative inexperience at this level doesn’t really matter. 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 4:17pm
Originally posted by Mugwuffin Mugwuffin wrote:

What’s the joke ?

What sort of top level playing career did Graham Henry have? Or Steve Hansen? Or Wayne Pivac? 

I wonder if the players scoffed when they started their top level coaching career. 

The RFC seem to have been playing pretty well over the last few weeks when they’ve had some decent players available. Flanagan must’ve impressed over the past few years to be given this promotion. He’s a junior member of the coaching team, under Mooar and Whiffi, so his relative inexperience at this level doesn’t really matter. 

Steve Hansen played  for Canterbury and played in france didn't he?

I'm sure those coaches faced doubts from players and fans  in their early days, it's only natural

Ex star players rightly or wrongly have a gravitas that gives them respect (it can easily be lost)

How do fans who are regular watchers  of the rfc rate flanigan??

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 6:22pm
Good players don’t always make good coaches.The fact we are attracting some of the best coaches from some very successful teams around the world is a testament to our management.

Edited by EJPT - 24 May 2019 at 6:23pm
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2019 at 9:54pm
Originally posted by BBledd BBledd wrote:

What’s the joke ?

Scarlet nut said that Whitting will be backs coach as well.

RR- You could say that any player who has been around the block could adopt a view of “who is this guy telling me what to do?” That’s missing the point, as far I would see it each coach is tasked with coming up with a set of drills and ideas to beat the opposition. In other words, to come up with the plan so that players don’t have to think about it. Ultimately Moarr will come up with master plan the coaches just pull parts of the jigsaw together. As long as Dai has good people skills, is respected and offers his own thoughts I don’t see why he can’t be an effective coach. 

Edited by Huwbach - 24 May 2019 at 9:56pm
Maple View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Maple Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 7:48am
I don't want to upset anybody, but as far as coaching is concerned I was hopeful that we would have appointed a proven forwards coach together with a proven and respected backs coach.
Give Blood, Play Rugby
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:38am
Originally posted by Maple Maple wrote:

I don't want to upset anybody, but as far as coaching is concerned I was hopeful that we would have appointed a proven forwards coach together with a proven and respected backs coach.
Mooar, Delaney and Whiffin are all experienced. Flanagan is someone we have been developing over time, like Cunningham. I’m happy with that mix. 

Obviously time will tell...
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
PearlJam View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
IT skilled man of detail

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote PearlJam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:46am
Waaahhh… Why hasn't our backs coach played for the Lions? Waaahh… Where's his international experience? Waaahh… He hasn't captained a Super Rugby side to the title and he hasn't won IRB player of the year. Disgrace!

Embarrassing stuff. He hasn't been given the job because he's accepting a tenner a week and some beer-tokens, he's obviously impressed in his time here and has the potential to be a top coach.

Best of luck to Flanagan, really looking forward to seeing how whole coaching side works together. They've got a rebuilding job on their hands and it isn't going to be easy. A year in the Challenge Cup may just be what we need to get get some momentum and confidence. A bit excited now actually!
If you're losing your soul and you know it, then you've still got a soul left to lose.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 8:48am
No idea of Dai as a coach, but succession planning is the best way for sustainability and continuity. I’m good with the blend we have.

Very interested to see if Dai brings some of the young and very talented backs we have to the fore next season.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 May 2019 at 9:01am
Pound shop.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7576777879 389>
  Share Topic