Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlet Signing News

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 389>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Wil Chips Wil Chips wrote:

Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

we need pace 

Not an attribute for a coach in my book.

Ok, but how about speed of thought?
Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 12:16am
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

we need pace 

Ok, but how about speed of thought?
If you reach the right answer, absolutely.

If it’s the disastrously wrong one, take as long as you like....
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 8:54am
RR1972 is totally entitled to his views. If Dai Flanagan was a direct replacement for Stevo I could understand the worry but he is going to work under two very experienced coaches in Brad & Delaney who have cut their teeth in attacking, defensive & forwards coaching roles. 

Whiffin is clearly an up and coming attack coach & when all is said and done the coaches are Brad's picks. Sounds like a very successful group of appointments frankly and is yet more testimony to the professionalism of our off field management. Delaney was a hard nosed 2nd row in his playing days so I am looking forward to seeing a vast improvement in our lineout work both offensively & defensively. 
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 9:13am

we need pace 

LOL
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 4:45pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Whiffin is one of the most highly sort of coaches out there. The board have done a hell of a job with the coaching team. Couple of good signings we will be back on track

I sincerely hope that Whiffin is a'sought after' coach, not just a 'sort of coach'!Wink

I think that there is a good mix of experience and up-and-comingness about our coaching staff for next season, and feel optimistic. We'll see how it turns out.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Huwbach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Huwbach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2019 at 8:25pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Originally posted by PearlJam PearlJam wrote:

Waaahhh… Why hasn't our backs coach played for the Lions? Waaahh… Where's his international experience? Waaahh… He hasn't captained a Super Rugby side to the title and he hasn't won IRB player of the year. Disgrace!

Embarrassing stuff. He hasn't been given the job because he's accepting a tenner a week and some beer-tokens, he's obviously impressed in his time here and has the potential to be a top coach.

Best of luck to Flanagan, really looking forward to seeing how whole coaching side works together. They've got a rebuilding job on their hands and it isn't going to be easy. A year in the Challenge Cup may just be what we need to get get some momentum and confidence. A bit excited now actually!
Well I for one am a bit underwhelmed at his appointment. Hope to be proved wrong, was hoping Brad was going to bring a backs coach with him. With our back line being outplayed by the ospreys,  a coach from NZ would have been my preference, as our backplay has regressed this season. 

It’s about balance and keeping some of what we have that works rather than ripping up the rule book. Injuries and forward dominance have hurt us not our backs. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 2:35pm
Indeed. We need to control the budget and blend the coaches skills together and this includes developing welsh coaches like Dai . He does not to have won 100 caps or any for his country or region. He will have learned a lot over his time with the RFC , Wales U 20’s and U 23 comp as well as working with the main coaches .  The head coach needs to get to know all of the group working together asap and how to use them most effectively 
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 2:49pm
Our back play especially in defence has certainly cost us this season
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 3:03pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Also in attack, other than mcnicholl and Cawdor we are pretty toothless. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 3:04pm
Back line has stellar players but could with a leader.
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 4:02pm

Back line has stellar players but could with a leader.

Looking more like Stella players last season.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 4:09pm

Mcnicholl is playing more and more like James Hook each time I watch him.
Grammar School Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Grammar School Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 4:42pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Caused mainly by a lack of speed, (both of foot and thought), in other players, and a total lack of situational awareness.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Grammar School Boy Grammar School Boy wrote:

Caused mainly by a lack of speed, (both of foot and thought), in other players, and a total lack of situational awareness.
I have to agree. The headless chicken act we throw together from 9 to the midfield does a great job of blunting a top class finisher. Ouch
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
daveoda View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote daveoda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2019 at 10:31pm

Absolutely,support play for the ball carrier,whoever it was, was truly abysmal last season.
YMLAEN SCARLETS!!!
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2019 at 9:03am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I have to agree. The headless chicken act we throw together from 9 to the midfield does a great job of blunting a top class finisher. Ouch

1 to 8 have not helped either. We were top of the league in turnovers two seasons ago and a lot of our tries and success came from attacking and counterattacking against a defence on the back foot.

How have we fared this season without Cubby, Beirne and Barclay? Teams are not worried about our breakdown work anymore and they simply fan out, making our phase play (never a strenght) and general gameplay out wide all the more harder.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7879808182 389>
  Share Topic