Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Macron Shop - more jerseys coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scarlets Macron Shop - more jerseys coming
    Posted: 30 December 2017 at 9:48pm
In response to a number of issues raised by our members over the last few months regarding the Macron Shop at Parc Y Scarlets, we'd like to assure members that we have contacted the Scarlets, raising all these issues and we are awaiting a reply.

Join Crys 16 for free at Crys16.cymru

Edited by CRYS16 - 30 December 2017 at 9:50pm
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
Sponsored Links

cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:17pm
Brilliant will be good to see the response. Stock levels are terrible, at possibly the busiest time of the year. Not only jerseys, but all merchandise.
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:27pm
This just seems to be an ever occuring cycle here. Its very worrying when the club cant get such small scale issues running smoothly.

To their credit, Mooney, and the Jumper had the perfect hands on style to manage these things.

They were there, smelling tasting and breathing the matchday experience alongside us, and when things went wrong, supporters could see them trying to put things right, and the following game had organised things to prevent those mistakes again.

I am not getting any of that from this current set up.

We are at one of our highest peaks in year on the field. Yet off the field we are in the doldrums.

Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:29pm
The shop we currently have is no better now, than the portacabin one we had at Stradey.

Just let that sink in for a minute.
cymru2006 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymru2006 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:42pm
It really is dreadful, to have no jerseys home or away available on sale in the lead up to Christmas and a sold out Boxing Day game is crazy. Shop workers suggesting fans should look on Lovell rugby as no further jerseys will be coming to the store. Really is amateur and is poor, we have a big game against bath coming up and people can’t get team merchandise. Piss up and brewery come to mind, and doesn’t reflect well on macron as a supplier.
everlasting ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 10:56pm
Thanks for your work Crys
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 11:05pm
Originally posted by cymru2006 cymru2006 wrote:

It really is dreadful, to have no jerseys home or away available on sale in the lead up to Christmas and a sold out Boxing Day game is crazy. Shop workers suggesting fans should look on Lovell rugby as no further jerseys will be coming to the store. Really is amateur and is poor, we have a big game against bath coming up and people can’t get team merchandise. Piss up and brewery come to mind, and doesn’t reflect well on macron as a supplier.

I was over there last summer, and will be again this February. I found very little which would fit me, and I wear large in most shirts, but there were alot of XXX large and little else..

The quality was very poor for a 60 pound collared tee shirt. I still bought a couple though...and wear it to work with pride. Thumbs Up
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

This just seems to be an ever occuring cycle here. Its very worrying when the club cant get such small scale issues running smoothly.

To their credit, Mooney, and the Jumper had the perfect hands on style to manage these things.

They were there, smelling tasting and breathing the matchday experience alongside us, and when things went wrong, supporters could see them trying to put things right, and the following game had organised things to prevent those mistakes again.

We are at one of our highest peaks in year on the field. Yet off the field we are in the doldrums.

And if I had to choose which side of the business the senior management got right it would be on the pitch.

Of course that's no excuse for the shambles that is the club shop. I'm sure subbing it out to Macron made perfect sense at the time of the deal. There's only so much bandwidth for the management team to use, and the resources seem to be aimed at commercial revenue now, which is why we can spend so much on the squad.

And Mooney et al  - did they really sort the match day experience right? Not sure, but I remember queuing to buy a wristband to get into the barn once - seemed very odd. Then all the restrictions on where you could wander with your plastic glass of beer inside the barn. You couldn't take it out of the bar areas to buy a pork roll.

The main problem is the place wasn't designed for the match day. The concourse bars everywhere except the south stand are crafty and soul-less. The barn is a compromise. 

Places like Allianz park or Franklins Gardens with the huge open bars under the stand just seem so much more fan friendly.

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 December 2017 at 11:09pm

The shop we currently have is no better now, than the portacabin one we had at Stradey.

The Rhino year (s) was the best we ever had at PYS for march IMHO. Cotton replica jerseys, heritage stuff, loads of variety.
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Scarlet O'Hara View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarlet O'Hara Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 12:53am

I liked that one though and it had Gavin Q sometimes serving, but I think it had more to do with the girl behind the desk.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 2:04am
Originally posted by Scarlet O'Hara Scarlet O'Hara wrote:

I liked that one though and it had Gavin Q sometimes serving, but I think it had more to do with the girl behind the desk.

I must admit the young lady at the shop who was about a third of my age was very pleasant and that made the overpaying less painful...Big smile
james1984 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote james1984 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 9:53am
It is such a shame I have 2 nieces one I got in first and converted in to a Scarlets fan (before birth) the other my dad got to first and she's an O. I have to say this Christmas I could get pens pencils key rings stickers even glasses case and tooth brush from the O shop. But really struggled to get the my favourite niece much with Scarlet's on. There is also a lack of choice for us wider folk as the XL stuff sold out really fast. Well done Crys keep up the good work.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 10:00am
Have the other clubs who are supplied with Macron got kit in stock especially Jerseys home and away and women range? Such a shame. It was great in first half of season but something has appar gone badly wrong in December. One that  Crys will be very keen to solve! 

Edited by reesytheexile - 31 December 2017 at 10:05am
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

And if I had to choose which side of the business the senior management got right it would be on the pitch.

Of course that's no excuse for the shambles that is the club shop. I'm sure subbing it out to Macron made perfect sense at the time of the deal. There's only so much bandwidth for the management team to use, and the resources seem to be aimed at commercial revenue now, which is why we can spend so much on the squad.

And Mooney et al  - did they really sort the match day experience right? Not sure, but I remember queuing to buy a wristband to get into the barn once - seemed very odd. Then all the restrictions on where you could wander with your plastic glass of beer inside the barn. You couldn't take it out of the bar areas to buy a pork roll.

The main problem is the place wasn't designed for the match day. The concourse bars everywhere except the south stand are crafty and soul-less. The barn is a compromise. 

Places like Allianz park or Franklins Gardens with the huge open bars under the stand just seem so much more fan friendly.

Choose? Surely off the back of on field success, you shouldnt be choosing if you want the off field success. That should be one of the advantages of being succesful on the pitch....only a complete spanner could mess up the off field success of a succesful team surely?
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I agree with all of your points in the second half of your post however. The main point i was making about Mooney and Jumper is that they were there. They could be seen to be doing something about it and had their fingers on the pulse. It takes weeks of moaning and CRYS16 getting involved for them to even notice its rubbish at the moment. 

Not many clubs have the facilities and opportunities that we have, yet somehow we still stink the joint up with amatuer attitudes.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:08pm
Dave Stock was always in the Barn pre match. Wasn't as well known as Moon, so he may have gone under the radar. However he was there I can assure you.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 12>
  Share Topic