Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets Macron Shop - more jerseys coming

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:16pm
Been a change recently with Carrie looking after Stadium Event and Nathan the commercial stuff. New staff doesn't help as need time to settle in. Crys will want to address big time I am sure -especially the shop.
Sponsored Links

Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:53pm
Has anyone spoken or written to Ray at the Macron shop? Might be more productive to get their side of the story.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
CRYS16 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CRYS16 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 1:59pm
We'll keep members in the loop as much as possible about this. If you're not a member, please feel free to join at crys16.cymru

Edited by CRYS16 - 01 January 2018 at 12:28pm
Email info@crys16.cymru with your membership queries!

JOIN CRYS 16 FOR FREE:
http://www.crys16.cymru
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 2:01pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Has anyone spoken or written to Ray at the Macron shop? Might be more productive to get their side of the story.

Spoken to him on Twitter and his reply was "I'm not here to bat away criticism" and he locked his account.

This whole Macron farce needs to be put to bed, they need to go and someone like vx3 needs to come in.
EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 2:22pm
The problem with us signing long term kit deals is companies just don't care. They have the contract why bother. We need a reputable kit and merch provider, preferably one of the big ones. Nike, adidas, under armour or canterbury.
Macrons quality and range is sub-standard and overpriced, a real shame as i think the away jersey design is fantastic. But the stitching and fabric just isn't.
gogexile View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gogexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 December 2017 at 9:51pm
I know of another pro sports club in wales wrexham fc who are also macron and theres plenty of stuff available there over christmas. They have 3 jerseys all sizes available over xmas too. Previous to macron they had adidas and nike both were very poor with delivering kit on time. The wrexham macron store is very popular. Ive ordered a few things from there online last few years and had no problem with getting my XL stuff tbh. They really need to up their game in the macron shop in PYS as lack of stock is denying the club vital income. Are northampton experiencing the same problems as us seeing as their with macron too?
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 6:16am
How on earth have we come to this?

No replica kits for Christmas and no shirts until the new kit comes out?

Somebody needs hauling over the coals for this!!

Can you see this happening at any other club?

I'm absolutely dumbfounded by this.
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:06am
Launched our replica kits 3 months early, under-estimated the impact that would have on our rolling stock levels, and obviously didn't buy enough product in total as sales exceeded previous buys. Then didn't have a replenishment programme in place that brought in drops of new product at key times ( pre home Euro games, Xmas etc).

This sort of stuff happens regularly right across the retail platform. No one is exempt from good selling product impacting stock for sales.

So I'll make a suggestion rather than jump on the bandwagon...
Possible Buy profile..
Kit launch in May '18...25% of the total buy across all ranges and sizes.
Replenishment in week 6~8( in time for season start) ..50%
Top up/replenishment at the first Euro home game (10%) and pre Xmas ( 15%)

The supplier would make it all in 1 run, but we can call the stock in, and more importantly only then pay for it, to the sort of profile above.

It's disappointing not to maximise sales, but I'm sure the club will review and learn from this.

Sales of replica wear drop off the cliff from Jan onwards, with the only notable movement of replica gear being when it goes on sale.

The only bit I do keep repeating, there are no manufacturing platforms sat waiting for such shortage of stock issues, most factories are full to optimum for 4-6 months in advance...at least the good ones are anyway. We are also talking probably about needing another 500-1000 more items across all ranges and sizes...a tiny amount and very un-attractive and in-efficient for any factory to make as a run.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:26am
Thank you for the insight once again Wil.

Unacceptable but we are here now.

CRYS will raise this and other issues with the Club. In the meantime it may help if people held back a little.

I think some quiet diplomacy may get some answers which CRYS will post on here or sent out directly to members by e mail.
SAV View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:40am
Thanks wil, that reply is spot on . Retail and stock availability is a nightmare these days .
as all the coaches left stradey , bound for nottingham , a sign on the m4 at hendy said , please can the last person close the door behind them , memories
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 9:46am
Thanks Wil.

It’s not the first time you’ve explained this.

Hopefully, more will remember it this time.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 10:30am
It would never happen to Adidas....Im just saying.

"thanks Will"

Dead
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 10:31am
I love Will as much as the next man, but guys take the man love to private chat yeah?
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 11:48am
I don't think there is any so called man love here. Indeed you would think a bit of free unofficial consultation with eg Wil as a man who knows the Rag trade inside out would have been considered! It's the lack of explanation and communication with supporters that is so disappointing. No wonder fake copies of jerseys pop up! 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 11:51am
As a fall back check out for any Llanelli RFC retro kit from vx-3 in Dafen. Nice 25 year Oz game anniversary gear.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

I don't think there is any so called man love here. Indeed you would think a bit of free unofficial consultation with eg Wil as a man who knows the Rag trade inside out would have been considered! It's the lack of explanation and communication with supporters that is so disappointing. No wonder fake copies of jerseys pop up! 

Mine is original. 

I am fine with Wills input.

But I am not the only one who notices the little entourage of sickliness that comes after his every post. Especially as sometimes he is saying the very thing others were shouted down for.

Plenty others see it.

It was brought to my attention a while ago. 

I thought it was time it was highlighted. Are people aware they are doing it?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 12>
  Share Topic