Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Rankings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Scarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rankings
    Posted: 01 January 2018 at 1:54am
Happy with 13th!
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rugbypass.com%2Fnews%2Fmit-economist-ranked-58-best-club-sides-planet%2F&h=ATPV9qaRUPaLAwbNeluFUG8jefjlwdM_26dxepXYoQXcgHVILBusc8T6Cko2nbX9Wz2Di8yhO8Wzd62uTcBCmnzP0I3VDIrTSY3IHdck37t6t4f7zPK6iw&s=1&enc=AZOx8DgiuZ9v_FTkS_aANMJnSKvvv0MFZv04abM8TIsaR44UohVTd02S4SssZvsYTDF7sYGZ3z9UBbrXZuLaTVd6
Scott Williams - I think I'll cut down on the fags!
Sponsored Links

ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 3:21am
I started to read through this from 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and thought reasonable. Then 6,7, 8, 9 and 10. Ok, not too bad.

11. Edinburgh WTF!!!!

I am grasping at straws at why they are in at 11.

I am guessing the dick who put this together does not realize that the 2nd tier of rugby in Europe is a non-entity and should score 0 points. They made the QF last season. I assume that is why Edinburgh are so high????????????????
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 6:33am
Making the QF of the European cup means your not good enough for the Champions cup. So how can they be higher than us??
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 8:28am
Because they are further north 😁
Keep the faith
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 10:38am
I am quite happy being under the radar. It was the same last year. nobody gave us a chance and we stealthily chloroformed the top 4 from behind in the run in.

My fear was that teams won't take us as lightly this season, especially with us being top for most of the season.

Which is why cementing that home draw is paramount. 
Wil Chips View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wil Chips Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 11:04am
' stealthily chloroformed'

Like.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Wil Scarlet Wil Scarlet wrote:

Happy with 13th!
https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.rugbypass.com%2Fnews%2Fmit-economist-ranked-58-best-club-sides-planet%2F&h=ATPV9qaRUPaLAwbNeluFUG8jefjlwdM_26dxepXYoQXcgHVILBusc8T6Cko2nbX9Wz2Di8yhO8Wzd62uTcBCmnzP0I3VDIrTSY3IHdck37t6t4f7zPK6iw&s=1&enc=AZOx8DgiuZ9v_FTkS_aANMJnSKvvv0MFZv04abM8TIsaR44UohVTd02S4SssZvsYTDF7sYGZ3z9UBbrXZuLaTVd6

I hope that fixes the link...

Anyway, I suppose there is some sense in these rankings, but as always some very odd placings which I don't agree with:

Scarlets lower than Edinburgh? No way! Indeed, Munster also seem over-rated. How come Connacht are higher than Ulster? And La Rochelle are top of the French league - placing them 12th seems too low for sure.

Anyway - these things are meant to provoke discussion, I'm sure.

Edited by aber-fan - 01 January 2018 at 11:12am
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 January 2018 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I am quite happy being under the radar. It was the same last year. nobody gave us a chance and we stealthily chloroformed the top 4 from behind in the run in.

My fear was that teams won't take us as lightly this season, especially with us being top for most of the season.

Which is why cementing that home draw is paramount. 

Thats a cracking phraseWink. I see Leinster really, at the moment, as by far our biggest threat. I know Glasgow have an enviable record but they aren't that powerful up front. Leinster really taught them a lesson through their forwards in Europe. They certainly will be prepared for us come play off time after our finish to last season. A home draw preferably as Conference winners would be great. 

The Leinster camp are very wary of us now and no team will fancy us when the grounds dry up; having said that the Leinster academy pipeline is producing some cracking young guns who have pace & power. Their young three quarters seem a little ahead of ours in their development. We will need to be at our 2017 best come play off time. 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic