Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Permutations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 10:12pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

From the ERC Website
(c) If ranking remains unresolved and/or if clubs have not played each other previously in the pool stage, qualification/ranking will be determined as follows:
(i) the best aggregate points difference from the pool stage; or
(ii) if equal, the number of tries scored in the pool stage; or
(iii) if equal, the club with the fewest number of players suspended under Disciplinary Rules in the pool stage; or  
(iv) if unresolved, by drawing lots.

Our points difference is +36, and we've scored 16 tries, second to only Ospreys and Saracens (17).

Their penalties only draw tonight effectively puts paid to both of them. Clermont messing up at Saints ( and ditto La Rochelle at Ulster ) has brought both of them back to the same points area as us. So far no one has broken 20 points and although Leinster might expect to at home against Glasgow (and to a lesser extent Munster away in Paris), who knows? Rennie may have got to grips with this competition by now because something has been drastically wrong with Glasgow's Euro preparations so far. Leinster and Clermont should still be the top seeds but everything after that is up for grabs.

We need:

Munster to pick up no more than one bonus point tomorow (leaves us ahead of them)

Then a bonus point win next weekend means only Ulster, Clermont and Leinster can finish equal or above us. And so a home quarter.....

Easy isn't it? Just avoid BastereauOuch  and run round Nonu Ouch and score four tries to winSmile. Munster's result tomorrow really is important- a loss leaves rhe prospect of a  home quarter in our hands 
Sponsored Links

CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 10:14pm
Yup, that Biggar kick at the end, whilst it kept Ospreys alive (but made a home QF unlikely) it sunk Sarries - and they knew it, and that was with 8 Lions! Sanjay didn't touch the ball until 61', he nay have had one right at the end too. What a waste
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 10:35pm
What was peoples thoughts on the bottling of the red card for sarries? Steff should appeal.

Its was exactly the same as steffs challenge.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 10:46pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

What was peoples thoughts on the bottling of the red card for sarries? Steff should appeal.

I think the fact he also made contact with Hassler saved him
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
welshbenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welshbenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 8:24am
Let’s put Munster to one side for a moment. I think they’ll win in Racing today.

If we just take our situation vs Ulster’s. Putting bonus points to one side for a moment, I think the most realistic outcome next week is a win for us and them beating Wasps (given Wasps are now out of the competition more or less). That would put us both on 21 points. Who would get the final home QF in that situation?
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 8:37am
Originally posted by welshbenny welshbenny wrote:

Let’s put Munster to one side for a moment. I think they’ll win in Racing today.

If we just take our situation vs Ulster’s. Putting bonus points to one side for a moment, I think the most realistic outcome next week is a win for us and them beating Wasps (given Wasps are now out of the competition more or less). That would put us both on 21 points. Who would get the final home QF in that situation?

See SospanMawr's list of criteria earlier in the thread.

The first one to take into account is points difference - we are currently +36 and Ulster are +33, so not a lot in it.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
welshbenny View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote welshbenny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 8:56am
Originally posted by aber-fan aber-fan wrote:

Originally posted by welshbenny welshbenny wrote:

See SospanMawr's list of criteria earlier in the thread.

The first one to take into account is points difference - we are currently +36 and Ulster are +33, so not a lot in it.

Cheers missed that.

That’s pretty close.

Come on Racing :)
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 11:52am
I'd fancy Wasps to beat Ulster.
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
LLANDRE View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LLANDRE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:11pm
I tend to agree. Haskell was sent off yesterday?
West is Best (Fin gwybod)
scarletsmad_87 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletsmad_87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 12:53pm
10 mins to kick off at the Stade Mayol. 
Come on Treviso! 
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 1:09pm
Originally posted by LLANDRE LLANDRE wrote:

I tend to agree. Haskell was sent off yesterday?

Yes. Dr Bob was completely flattened by Haskell jumping into a challenge and catching that substantial jaw with his shoulder. I'm surprised Haskell didn't break his shoulder on that jawbone.
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 1:37pm
Make no bones it's between us, Munster and Ulster. If Racing beat Munster today (and you'd expect them to be favourites at home, knockout rugby) then that's huge for us, and them - they could lead Pool 4. It would massively increase our chances of qualifying, quite probably with a home QF if we win. Even if things don't go our way there, the Wasps v Ulster game is huge because Ulster have 17 points like us.
I don't want to contemplate losing because there are too many permutations but I estimate runners up will have 20ptsx1, 19ptsx2 and 18ptsx3, so given only one of the 18 pointers go through we wouldn't want it left to chance. Again though we need one point for 18 so whatever happens the all out 4 try game plan will continue.
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 2:21pm
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

Agree... couldn't believe the double standards. How the heck he only got a yellow I thought was appalling. He turned his back on him so was so irresponsible it was untrue.
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 2:56pm
Originally posted by sgsmorgan sgsmorgan wrote:

[QUOTE=Speedy]What was peoples thoughts on the bottling of the red card for sarries? Steff should appeal.

Agree... couldn't believe the double standards. How the heck he only got a yellow I thought was appalling. He turned his back on him so was so irresponsible it was untrue.
[/QUOTE

I made the point elsewhere that Adam Byrne's challenge on Aled Thomas was the extremely reckless, he just ran in to Aled making NO attempt to get off the ground to challenge. Byrne was given 2 weeks reduced to 1 for a guilty plea and all that.

I can sort of understand the discrepancy between Byrne and Steff as there has been a directive from IRB this year. However there should not be a discrepancy within a season.
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:02pm
Not inconceivable that there won't be an English team in the last 8 - only Exeter have a chance of getting a runners up spot, and that is touch and go because the runners up look like they are coming from Ulster/La Rochelle, Munster/Racing and Scarlets/Toulon. The Racing game now is huge, I'm looking forward to seeing this new indoor stadium, looks fantastic. Come to think of it, we should have built a roof on Parc y Scarlets!
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 3:05pm
[QUOTE=CTMassive]Not inconceivable that there won't be an English team in the last 8 - only Exeter have a chance of getting a runners up spot, and that is touch and go because the runners up look like they are coming from Ulster/La Rochelle, Munster/Racing and Scarlets/Toulon. The Racing game now is huge, I'm looking forward to seeing this new indoor stadium, looks fantastic. Come to think of it, we should have built a roof on Parc y Scarlets![/QUOTE

Is Ladram busy ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
  Share Topic