Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Permutations

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:10pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

The first Bath game is haunting us...

but all to play for...a home QF would help the coffers

nah thats ancient history the fate is in our hands now
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:12pm

There's significant prize money at stake home quarter final or not.
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:16pm
Originally posted by roy munster roy munster wrote:

Originally posted by CTMassive CTMassive wrote:

Yess!! Racing squeeze a win ..... another great result for us ...... the stars are aligning Wink

I think munster defeat means a scarlets win probably gives them a home quarter final draw? munster now 16 points. if scarlets win they are 21 points if munster beat castres they are on 20 points but if munster get bonus 21 points so all square?

Exactly, and there is ULSTER. The 3 of us are fighting for 2 home QFs.
Ulster on 17 with a tricky away game to Wasps - THIS GAME IS HUGE!! So HUGE, I may go and support Wasps! They CAN'T ROLL OVER!! No way. An Ulster 5 pointer means we need 5 as well or we're competing with Munster fpr the 4th spot.
Racing depriving Munster a 4 try BP was HUGE as well, because the most they can with a 5 pointer against Castres is 21 points.
So if we win and Munster don't get a BP we'd have a home QF. Or if Wasps beat Ulster and we win - home QF. If we win no try BP (21), Munster win with BP (21) and Ulster win away in Wasps without try BP they have 21 too!!
So to avoid the 21 point Russiam roulette - lets just win with 4 or more tries. Simples Big smile
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:23pm
I'll be surprised if Ulster win at Wasps, but it's not impossible. All I care about, really, is that we win against Toulon - after that, we'll just see what comes.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
Dafydd Glyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd Glyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:26pm
There's also La Rochelle - I'd expect them to get a full haul at home against Quins, which would put them on 21, and ahead to Ulster on head to head if they're tied. And I can't see Munster failing to score 4 tries at home against a team with nothing to play for.

I think we need to win with the bonus point for a home quarter - Munster, Ulster and La Rochelle all play on Sunday so will know exactly what's needed if points difference comes into the equation.
Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:30pm
I dont like to do ipotesis of possibile quarter,..for me it s important qualification, then if you want to achieve something of memorabile, have to beat all of them...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd Glyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:30pm
I think that's the attitude. Racing's win today has only helped us if we win next win. It also means that 18 points probably won't be enough for a runners up spot. If we beat Toulon, we should be very happy. Anything else would be a bonus.
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:34pm
Yes Dafydd, La Rochelle can overtake Ulster because they have the toughest game. It's quite amazing there isn't a SUPER SATURDAY scenario where teams have no idea what's needed. This could be deemed disadvantageous to us, playing Saturday. Personally I rather we play Saturday so we can concentrate 100% on 4 try win.

Just playing Devils Advocate, but imagine having 3 tries and kicking a late penalty to secure the win and qualification., it would be heartbreaking if Ulster are in the same position but go all out to get a 4th try and with it, get the final home qualification! I'd be Cry ...........I'd take a 6-3 win and any sort of qualification, but wouldn't it be ace being home with 2 more wins required, some on neutral grounds, sun shining, heads up rugby, could be 2017 all over again!!!

Edited by CTMassive - 14 January 2018 at 5:35pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd Glyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:38pm
Of course, ospreys could change the equation too - if they beat Clermont, it pretty much removes the chance of us being a best runner-up, but it does mean any Scarlets win would be enough for the home quarter.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:38pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

There's significant prize money at stake home quarter final or not.

True, but a big home gate wouldn't hurt
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Mr Ian Mr Ian wrote:

I dont like to do ipotesis of possibile quarter,..for me it s important qualification, then if you want to achieve something of memorabile, have to beat all of them...

Hypothesising is good fun though Mr Ian LOL
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Dafydd Glyn Dafydd Glyn wrote:

Of course, ospreys could change the equation too - if they beat Clermont, it pretty much removes the chance of us being a best runner-up, but it does mean any Scarlets win would be enough for the home quarter.

Talk about mixed emotions..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafydd Glyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:44pm
Indeed! In fairness, I'd love for Ospreys to qualify, just not at the expense of Scarlets! Heresy, I know but what a boost for Welsh rugby it would be to have two teams there...
DropOut22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DropOut22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:45pm
Not sure how Wasps will go now they're out. Would have had them done to beat Ulster, unfortunately I think we'll need a bp win to get a home QF. It's do-able but its going to be a huge task 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 5:47pm
An all French and PRO14 set of quarter finals would be rather mouthwatering 😎🍻

Edited by Eastern outpost - 14 January 2018 at 5:48pm
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
CTMassive View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CTMassive Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 January 2018 at 6:02pm
And would probably highlight that the Aviva standard isn't as good as some make out
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 16>
  Share Topic