Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Bath Rugby (a) (ECC)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 12:28pm
Bath start as favourites. They will be very tough to beat on their own ground. 
See you there!
Sponsored Links

roddy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roddy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 12:34pm
Boys Bach I'm getting excited for this one.... strongest available 23...
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 12:37pm
Originally posted by Rich (Bris) Rich (Bris) wrote:

Great news!

Pasted below were the teams for first match and, TBH there's little there to indicate we will now be on top in the front row (albeit Samson is seemingly stronger now). Scrums are certainly not all about the front rows but we struggled in that first match and we also struggled to overcome the direct approach of their forwards. Zach Mercer is also a great back-rower from what I've seen, as is Underhill and Garvey is not at all bad. So for me if is our continuity between backs and forwards (and the related ball-playing skills of our forwards) which gives us a big edge. The weather meant we lost that advantage in the main last time (as off-loading and passing were very tricky) but tomorrow looks fine and their pitch should be firm enough.

I'm confident though I have this nagging feeling that Cubby will be sent off. He'll be busting a gut (more than ever following his long absence) and I fear it may lead to problems - PLEASE be wrong Rich!

15 Leigh Halfpenny, 14 Johnny Mcnicholl, 13 Jonathan Davies, 12 Hadleigh Parkes, 11 Steff Evans, 10 Rhys Patchell, 9 Gareth Davies; 1 Wyn Jones, 2 Ken Owens (c), 3 Samson Lee, 4 Jake Ball, 5 Lewis Rawlins, 6 Aaron Shingler, 7 Will Boyde, 8 Tadhg Beirne
Replacements: Ryan Elias, Dylan Evans, Werner Kruger, David Bulbring, Josh Macleod, Jonathan Evans, Paul Asquith, Scott Williams

Bath: 15 Anthony Watson, 14 Semesa Rokoduguni, 13 Jonathan Joseph, 12 Max Clark, 11 Aled Brew, 10 Rhys Priestland, 9 Kahn Fotuali’i; 1 Beno Obano, 2 Tom Dunn, 3 Anthony Perenise, 4 Charlie Ewels (c), 5 Luke Charteris, 6 Zach Mercer, 7 Sam Underhill, 8 Taulupe Faletau
Replacements: 16 Jack Walker, 17 Nathan Catt, 18 Scott Andrews, 19 Elliott Stooke, 20 Paul Grant, 21 Darren Allinson, 22 Josh Lewis, 23 Matt Banahan

That night was a massive storm in llanelli it was absurd to have even played in it, reminded me of the game at stradey with the 89 all blacks. as for the teams theyre missing the second best number 8 in the world, were missing the best 13 in the world , barclay and cubby are back though and beirne in the boiler house, though overall theyre missing 5 and were missing 3
Plus form wise we have won 5 in a row they have lost 4 of their last 6

Edited by roy munster - 11 January 2018 at 12:41pm
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
trinity60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinity60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 12:38pm
looking at today's team and the team for 1st game v Bath, we are significantly stronger in the forwards @ 1-8 and 16-20. Our backs are slightly weaker as so much of our game comes through Steff although I think that's why Asquith has been selected @ 13 as he overs the same sort of skills and awareness as Steff, what we will miss is JD defensive quality's out in the wide channels but we've got Cubby there for that so on balance I think we are as strong as a 23 tomorrow maybe even slightly stronger than the 1st meeting.
Flaggman View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flaggman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 12:43pm
You’ve really got to admire the coaches for picking form players. Prydie and Asquith deserve their starting spots and further enforces the idea that no-ones place is guaranteed. Feels like the culture at the region is spot on!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 12:50pm
Originally posted by trinity60 trinity60 wrote:

looking at today's team and the team for 1st game v Bath, we are significantly stronger in the forwards @ 1-8 and 16-20. Our backs are slightly weaker as so much of our game comes through Steff although I think that's why Asquith has been selected @ 13 as he overs the same sort of skills and awareness as Steff, what we will miss is JD defensive quality's out in the wide channels but we've got Cubby there for that so on balance I think we are as strong as a 23 tomorrow maybe even slightly stronger than the 1st meeting.

Agreed, despite loss of ball, our pack is a lot stronger, barclay and cubby back, beirne at lock instead of 8, Rob evans was out then too. Samson fitter now too. Backs we are weaker as foxy and steff out, on the upside prydie and asquith have shown form and hapenny has settled more into our style. weather is also a massive factor. weve just won 5 in a row in some of the filthiest weather imaginable so were developing a tougher edge and all court game
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 12:51pm
Originally posted by Flaggman Flaggman wrote:

You’ve really got to admire the coaches for picking form players. Prydie and Asquith deserve their starting spots and further enforces the idea that no-ones place is guaranteed. Feels like the culture at the region is spot on!

Agreed it seems like  a vibrant healthy culture based on form and opportunity and good coaching
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 12:54pm
That’s a very decent looking 23. I hope Halfpenny and McNicholl genuinely are fit and that they haven’t just been named in the team as a smokescreen.

I would’ve started Parkes, with Asquith on the wing ahead of Prydie, and gone with Cummins and Boyde on the bench ahead of Rawlins and Macleod, but they’re all playing well so I’m sure they won’t let us down.

It should be a great match.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 1:18pm
Be very surprised to see Leigh playing.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Be very surprised to see Leigh playing.

Why do you say that?
Tim Opolis View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tim Opolis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 1:52pm
What he's trying to say is that he's heard he's not fit. Yet the BBC are saying that he's been passed fit. Confused Find all this very frustrating, and I can only guess that they're giving him as much time as possible to prove his fitness then say that he broke down in the warm up. But what about McNicholl? Do we carry a 25th man? How many can break down in the warm up and be replaced? I know we travel with a 24th man normally in the league anyone know the regulations?
Tymor nesa Duw, plis tymor nesa.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:00pm
Originally posted by Tim Opolis Tim Opolis wrote:

What he's trying to say is that he's heard he's not fit. Yet the BBC are saying that he's been passed fit. Confused Find all this very frustrating, and I can only guess that they're giving him as much time as possible to prove his fitness then say that he broke down in the warm up. But what about McNicholl? Do we carry a 25th man? How many can break down in the warm up and be replaced? I know we travel with a 24th man normally in the league anyone know the regulations?

Tim are you assuming that SA14 is correct - if so why? Has he spoken to Pivac or Leigh? If not then I don't believe it. Lets face it yesterday someone posted that Aaron had confirmed that Jonny was out having picked up a knock on Tues/Wed. I have got to the stage, with due respect to all posters, that I don't believe anything until it is confirmed directly by a Scarlet official. 
trinity60 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trinity60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:02pm

Tim are you assuming that SA14 is correct - if so why? Has he spoken to Pivac or Leigh? If not then I don't believe it. Lets face it yesterday someone posted that Aaron had confirmed that Jonny was out having picked up a knock on Tues/Wed. I have got to the stage, with due respect to all posters, that I don't believe anything until it is confirmed directly by a Scarlet official. 
[/QUOTE]

ClapClapClap
NobbySosban View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NobbySosban Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:35pm
Pence & Johnny out. Confused

Big reshuffle in the back line, not sure if another back can be added to the 23 at this stage, Boyde currently listed there.

15 Rhys Patchell, 14 Tom Prydie, 13 Hadleigh Parkes, 12 Scott Williams, 11 Paul Asquith, 10 Dan Jones, 9 Gareth Davies, 1 Rob Evans, 2 Ken Owens ©, 3 Samson Lee, 4 Tadhg Beirne, 5 David Bulbring, 6 Aaron Shingler, 7 James Davies, 8 John Barclay

Replacements; 16 Ryan Elias, 17 Wyn Jones, 18 Werner Kruger, 19 Lewis Rawlins, 20 Josh Macleod, 21 Aled Davies, 22 Steff Hughes, 23 Will Boyde (number TBC)

Edited by NobbySosban - 11 January 2018 at 2:36pm
Mugwuffin View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mugwuffin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:35pm
Halfpenny and McNicholl now ruled out, apparently.

That’s a huge blow.
M.M. View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote M.M. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 January 2018 at 2:35pm
Dammo
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic