Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets vs Bath - match thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
Author
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrum_Bar_Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 12:34pm
well done the boys last night for an outstanding team performance truly epic and well done to all the fans who sang and made the atomposhere so good last last night I was on the east terrace and we sang all game, meet some good people on my travels yesterday too in the boater and bus 2 hopfully will see you all for another away tour in qtr finals if we meet Toulon next saturday huge game again coming up , bring it on !
Sponsored Links

Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:02pm
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Cast offs?

We do have a record of picking up players who didn’t get a look in elsewhere or came here and just took off. Beirne, Sanjay. It’s a credit to the team.
cymraes View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cymraes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:03pm
  Just back after an amazing night.  Got off to a good start when we arrived at the hotel to find the team messing around with a ball in the car park.  They engaged with arriving fans and great atmosphere.  Best bit was when Stevo appeared later that evening having left something behind and got choruses of Stevo - Stevo as he walked past the bar leaving hotel staff wondering what on earth was going on.  Unforgettable.
Scrum_Bar_Turk View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scrum_Bar_Turk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:11pm
another moment that will stay with me was when the team walked past the boater pub beer garden on way to ground and the hundards of fans signing sospan fach as they walked past I know then something special was going to happen 
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:44pm
Anyone know if there is going to be a repeat on TV or if BT puts the whole match on YouTube?
Joshua24:15
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:48pm
Originally posted by Scrum_Bar_Turk Scrum_Bar_Turk wrote:

another moment that will stay with me was when the team walked past the boater pub beer garden on way to ground and the hundards of fans signing sospan fach as they walked past I know then something special was going to happen 

Scarlets fans in a pub before the game, surely not..ShockedThumbs Up
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by s.pimpernel s.pimpernel wrote:

Originally posted by totallybiasedscarlet totallybiasedscarlet wrote:

Carrying into space, passing out of the tackle, playing what’s in front of you, high skill & fitness levels, fully functioning set piece, thinking rugby .... Carwyn would be proud

When rugby is played well it is a beautiful game. In essence, all we did last night was the basics well. 

Quite so - but if it was so easy, everyone would be doing it! (as I'm sure you know, of course)

As others have said, it's not something that happens overnight - was Bulbring (for example) a player who'd look to throw out a pass across his own 22 before he joined us? I doubt it... The guys have benefited enormously from the coaching they've received.

It was interesting to compare what Bath did pre-match... what I saw was a lot of warm up exercises, and then a number of lineout drills... little ball work that I saw. The Scarlets appeared to be practising moves with ball in hand at the other end... certainly, at half time the subs had great fun in front of Dyson East flipping passes to each other, practising offloads etc... apart form Aled, who enjoyed running rings around the forwards!LOL The mind-set of the coaches - and so the teams - was shown by the preparations.

Talking to the Bath supporters, it was clear that they accepted that their game plan was too predictable - they did a pretty good job of feeding players on the burst (as with Banahan before JB's card), but all too often when these guys were tackled, either they couldn't manage the offload, or there was no-one there to take it on... contrast the Scarlets, who managed these skills time and time again.

Well, I'm delighted to have been there - a rare away trip for me - and to meet some lovely Scarlets supporters, as well as very polite Bath ones. It was definitely an night to remember!
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
onlyturkinthevillage View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onlyturkinthevillage Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:46pm
That was one hell of a win. So proud to be a Scarlets fan. I don’t manage to get to the away games too often but I’m so glad I made to this one with my son. Everything about the day was superb. The supporters bus was well organised, as was said above about when the players passed the boater pub I truly had goosebumps then. It’s a fantastic old school ground and to be by the players tunnel before and after the match singing and chanting was something I won’t forget in a hurry. Met some great supporters and can’t wait for next week. Very HAPPY DAYS.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:51pm
It’s sounds like everyone who was present last night really enjoyed the occasion, the company of the home support etc. Andy Nichol spoke on BT sport about his fond memories of games against fully loaded welsh teams and the special atmospheres these games generated at the Rec,
How good would it be if these games became a regular occurrence, a British and Irish league would be great.   
But I’m realistic, it won’t happen an time soon because the Aviva premiership is a closed shop, who are only interested in self preservation and taking all the money that pay to view TV are willing to pay them. I know the audience figures are there in England but I’m not to sure whether the product is always up to scratch. I watch the premiership quite a bit but don’t see it as being so superior to the pro14, sometimes I prefer what I see in the pro14, where there are teams that play contrasting styles of rugby.
KID A View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (8) Thanks(8)   Quote KID A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

Anyone know if there is going to be a repeat on TV or if BT puts the whole match on YouTube?

I've uploaded a version. Try this:

https://mega.nz/#!G08WXaDC!5gjqyhBLHRt0a35-mVJD_ZBCgqBRvYoQJJ48Svnw6qo

Edited by KID A - 15 January 2018 at 10:37am
dr_martinov View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_martinov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 3:01pm
Possibly best ever performance I've witnessed from a Scarlets side. To score two tries when down to 14 was something else. Electric atmosphere, sensational performance, Bath fans were great, Scarlets fans incredible. What more can I say? Amazing day - well done all!
Bryn@man View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bryn@man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by KID A KID A wrote:

https://mega.nz/#!n8kB3Cja!5gjqyhBLHRt0a35-mVJD_ZBCgqBRvYoQJJ48Svnw6qo

Thank you, thank you, thank you.... Really feared I wouldn't be able to watch the game back...
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 3:21pm

Goodbloke, many thanks.
Joshua24:15
sgsmorgan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
LAVERYS ON THE RIGHT

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sgsmorgan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 3:27pm

Cheers just downloaded it...thanks Smile
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 4:46pm

Great JobThumbs Up
Owen111 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Owen111 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 January 2018 at 4:56pm

MVP Thank you. 

Going to stick this on now before I head up the Liberty to cheer Liam Williams on with my free ticks
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 910111213 15>
  Share Topic