Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

ALL England ITV panel?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ALL England ITV panel?
    Posted: 04 February 2018 at 3:21pm
The main panel is 3 ex english players and an english presenter

The player interviews done by an englishman david flatley (Flatley and another english voice got a role during the match too) The main commentator was of course english too...No Italians, no neutrals? 
First 24 minutes was 100% about England zzzz

Pitchside 2 english people and finally 1 Italian , marco bortolami, he had about 30 seconds. That an a 3 second shot or Parisse was their entire Italian perspective? All squeezed around 6 advert breaks?

Just typical pathetic boring bias, no doubt we will spend the afternoon having to listen these Englishmen all discussing 1 team....At the last count its about 10 English people and poor old marco for his 30 second slot

Seriously we need to do the rugby world another favour next and ram swing low back down their loud mouthed English trumpetsWink
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

joni_bach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote joni_bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 4:57pm
Don't forget all the mentions of Jonny Wilkinson and 2003 regardless of how irrelevant the reference is. Also, they never have a presenter on that knows anything about rugby so they just end up making stock references. Their presenter is a football guy. They sometimes have a woman presenter instead but she hasn't been back since that game last year when England had a yellow card and she was asking the pundits how they reckoned England would get on now they're down to TEN men. 

My heart sank when I found that that England v Wales game will be on ITV this year. So hopefully there will be S4C coverage or otherwise I might pop down the pub where I can't hear the commentary anyway.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 February 2018 at 5:12pm
Originally posted by joni_bach joni_bach wrote:

Don't forget all the mentions of Jonny Wilkinson and 2003 regardless of how irrelevant the reference is. Also, they never have a presenter on that knows anything about rugby so they just end up making stock references. Their presenter is a football guy. They sometimes have a woman presenter instead but she hasn't been back since that game last year when England had a yellow card and she was asking the pundits how they reckoned England would get on now they're down to TEN men. 

My heart sank when I found that that England v Wales game will be on ITV this year. So hopefully there will be S4C coverage or otherwise I might pop down the pub where I can't hear the commentary anyway.

I read somewhere that ALL Wales games this season are on S4C, so let's hope that's right!

Of course, Italians are too thick or arrogant to learn English, so that could explain it...Confused
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic