Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > GENERAL RUGBY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

A very nice little stat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: A very nice little stat
    Posted: 05 February 2018 at 8:22am
Saw this on Twitter (apologies if it's been mentioned somewhere on here already - did look but I couldn't see it.

Scarlets players have scored every point for Wales in their last 3 matches, that an incredible 76 points!!
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 9:21am
With no help from anyone else of course !!!

We should always remember that rugby is a TEAM sport.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 9:35am
Originally posted by Dai38 Dai38 wrote:

With no help from anyone else of course !!!

We should always remember that rugby is a TEAM sport.

I didn't infer that there was not help... I genuinely was shocked at the stat.
Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 9:49am
Sorry, I'm full of cold and got to call a few meetings off and next weekend away looks like being cancelled, not to Twickers though, not in a good mood, so I took it the wrong way, sorry.
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 10:49am
That's an incredible stat Thumbs Up
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Beefs army View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beefs army Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 11:53am
Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

Saw this on Twitter (apologies if it's been mentioned somewhere on here already - did look but I couldn't see it.

Scarlets players have scored every point for Wales in their last 3 matches, that an incredible 76 points!!

If you look at all the Autumn Internationals, Scarlet players have scored all but 18 points Wales have scored in last 5 games – 92 points from 110 points scored. 

The 18 points came from Amos try against Oz, Amos try against Georgia and kicks for Priestland against Georgia

Bill Shankly: "If you can't support us when we lose or draw, don't support us when we win."
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 12:25pm
Originally posted by Beefs army Beefs army wrote:

Originally posted by Fscarlet Fscarlet wrote:

If you look at all the Autumn Internationals, Scarlet players have scored all but 18 points Wales have scored in last 5 games – 92 points from 110 points scored. 

The 18 points came from Amos try against Oz, Amos try against Georgia and kicks for Priestland against Georgia

so its actually 100 from the last 110 points if we count ex scarlets too lol
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 6:05pm

It is a truly remarkable stat !!!
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 9:58am
I noticed how many of Wales moves breakdown when flowing nicely, once a non Scarlets gets their hands on the ball. There is a marked difference in decision making, excecution and accuracy.
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 10:55am
Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I noticed how many of Wales moves breakdown when flowing nicely, once a non Scarlets gets their hands on the ball. There is a marked difference in decision making, excecution and accuracy.

Except Navidi, who has been an effective link man on a few occasions.
Joshua24:15
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 12:00pm
Navidi has done very well but we were bossed at the breakdown by Ireland. One man doesn't make all the difference but I think Cubby would have thrived. Wyn Jones is very unlucky as he is good at the breakdown as is Faletau. The stark choice for Wales with an abundance of back row talent is the balance. Faletau is the only untouchable in my eyes. Cubby is the best all round 7 for an open offloading game who also has the skills to compete at the breakdown. This then gives you the choice of Warburton or Aaron at 6. Both have superb skills. Gats needs to give Cubby some extended gametime at this level to see if he is as good as we all think he is.

The breakdown is the most important set piece in the game as we get in excess of 100 per game. England & Wales both lost the breakdown battle last weekend and lost comfortably. This along with the ongoing choice at 10 are the defining issues which will decide whether we will make that next step. 
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 12:34pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Navidi has done very well but we were bossed at the breakdown by Ireland. One man doesn't make all the difference but I think Cubby would have thrived. Wyn Jones is very unlucky as he is good at the breakdown as is Faletau. The stark choice for Wales with an abundance of back row talent is the balance. Faletau is the only untouchable in my eyes. Cubby is the best all round 7 for an open offloading game who also has the skills to compete at the breakdown. This then gives you the choice of Warburton or Aaron at 6. Both have superb skills. Gats needs to give Cubby some extended gametime at this level to see if he is as good as we all think he is.

The breakdown is the most important set piece in the game as we get in excess of 100 per game. England & Wales both lost the breakdown battle last weekend and lost comfortably. This along with the ongoing choice at 10 are the defining issues which will decide whether we will make that next step. 
Something that will not happen.
Same will happen with Cubby as Patchell IMO.

Edited by PE SA - 02 March 2018 at 12:34pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 March 2018 at 1:35pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Cubby is the most effective at breakdown and in attack and its breakdown where we really struggled, he of course should have a chance at 7 but cement head wont  budge because hes a fragile snowflake 

Edited by roy munster - 02 March 2018 at 1:37pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic