Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Team for Benetton?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote knutsfordlion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Team for Benetton?
    Posted: 05 February 2018 at 1:51pm
Any thought on who will play assuming we don't get anyone released?

Johnny
Prydie
Steff H
Paul A
Ioan
Dan
Jon Evs

Werner
Emyr
Dylan
Bulbring
Cummings
Bierne
McLeod
Will B

Struggling a bit then for the bench TBH.

Gardiner
Lewis R
Rhys Jones

The rest would have to be squad and RFC/Academy I suspect. 
Page the oracle
Sponsored Links

Gate12 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gate12 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 2:11pm
Fawcett, Taylor Davies, Price, Tom or Morgan Williams and Declan Smith will come into the reckoning for the bench.

I'd guess only Cubby is the maybe to be released.

Not sure what'll happen with the under 20's guys and if we could get any of them back.

Edited by Gate12 - 05 February 2018 at 2:11pm
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 2:20pm
I would hope that Elias might get released.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 2:21pm
My selection would be, assuming no releases :-

Jonny
Prydie
Steff Hughes
Asquith
Ioan/Conbeer
Dan
Jonathan
Dylan
Emyr
Werne
Bulbring
Beirne
Rawlins
Boyde
McLoud

Bench Taylor, Phil Price/Fawcett, Gardiner
Cummins
Condy
Declan
Tom Williams
Ioan/Conbeer

Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

My selection would be, assuming no releases :-

Jonny
Prydie
Steff Hughes
Asquith
Ioan/Conbeer
Dan
Jonathan
Dylan
Emyr
Werne
Bulbring
Beirne
Rawlins
Boyde
McLoud

Bench Taylor, Phil Price/Fawcett, Gardiner
Cummins
Condy
Declan
Tom Williams
Ioan/Conbeer

Is Declan fit now ?
diego6754 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diego6754 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 2:32pm
Originally posted by Gate12 Gate12 wrote:

Fawcett, Taylor Davies, Price, Tom or Morgan Williams and Declan Smith will come into the reckoning for the bench.

I'd guess only Cubby is the maybe to be released.

Not sure what'll happen with the under 20's guys and if we could get any of them back.

I think we may get Cubby back as I would think Ellis Jenkins would be travelling reserve as he covers 6,7 and 8.

I think if U20's are required by their region the region have priority, so may see Conbeer/Baldwin back and the U20's always rotate anyway during the 6 nations. If they don't release Cubby Dan Davies may be a shout for the bench, he looked like he is going to be awesome against Scotland on Friday, proper athlete, all the tools. Looked like he might end up like Dusetoir!!!

Either way we'll have plenty enough to beat Trevisio comfortably. The upcoming Leinster and Ulster matches we may struggle.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 2:39pm
I am not expecting anyone back - maybe Cubby.
Elias wont be released, he will be traveling reserve minimum for Wales.

15. Johnny McNicholl
14. Tom Prydie
13. Steffan Hughes
12. Paul Asquith
11. Ioan Nicholas
10. Dan Jones
9. Jonny Evans
8. Josh Macleod
7. Will Boyde
6. Lewis Rawlins
5. David Bulbring
4. Tadhg Beirne
3. Werner Kruger
2. Emyr Phillips
1. Dylan Evans

16. Dafydd Hughes
17. Rhys Fawcett (not sure if we have Phil Price available for these games or has he returned to Dragons?)
18. Simon Gardner
19. Steve Cummins
20. Jack Condy -  cross fingers on Cubby.
21. Declan Smith
22. Rhys Jones
23. Tom Williams / Morgan Williams / Conbeer / Baldwin etc.

Dan Davis could be called back from u20s too...we have preference over u20s so if we need these guys, we call them in.

ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 2:45pm
Wales kick off at 16.45. Once the teams are on the pitch, then I can see no reason why Cubby and Elias cannot be released to fly out if there's a suitable flight available. There are two weeks before Wales play again. 

As far as the Blues are concerned, he could also release Ellis Jenkins and Tomos Williams, however they may be hard pushed to get back to Cardiff by the 7.35 ko.

Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 2:51pm
Originally posted by ap sior ap sior wrote:

Wales kick off at 16.45. Once the teams are on the pitch, then I can see no reason why Cubby and Elias cannot be released to fly out if there's a suitable flight available. There are two weeks before Wales play again. 

As far as the Blues are concerned, he could also release Ellis Jenkins and Tomos Williams, however they may be hard pushed to get back to Cardiff by the 7.35 ko.

Logic would tell you that both would go with Gatlands blessing to be told to get back to the Vale for Monday & Tuesday and be released again for the match with Leinster as there is no International that weekend. 
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 2:55pm
Assuming goodwill and logic from the WRU...
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by Dafen Boy Dafen Boy wrote:

no, if we want someone released, we have the right to do so. The regions have preference. like we did with North, Ospreys in the past with Kristian Phillips and Prydie.I believe we have done it with Elias too? Unless it was Kirby?

Edited by PE SA - 05 February 2018 at 3:20pm
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

no, if we want someone released, we have the right to do so. The regions have preference. like we did with North, Ospreys in the past with Kristian Phillips and Prydie.I believe we have done it with Elias too? Unless it was Kirby?

What are you saying pe sa? What right over player release do we have? As far as I understand it the only player we could insist on for the 17th is Barclay.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 3:46pm

What are you saying pe sa? What right over player release do we have? As far as I understand it the only player we could insist on for the 17th is Barclay.
Wales U20s lads. if the region needs the players that are selected for Wales u20s, the region gets them. This was confirmed by Pivac in meet the coaches.  
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 3:47pm

You are probably right - didn't Gatland say that the England-based players (e.g. Owen Williams) were at a disadvantage because Wales were obliged to release them in 'free' weeks'? That implies that he can keep all the Wales based players if he wants to - which is what I believed was the case.
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 4:04pm
How many/who are Benetton missing?
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 February 2018 at 4:10pm

Wales U20s lads. if the region needs the players that are selected for Wales u20s, the region gets them. This was confirmed by Pivac in meet the coaches.  

Yes that is my understanding too.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic