FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Wales side to face England

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
Author
Message Reverse Sort Order
roy munster View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Wales side to face England
    Posted: 17 February 2018 at 2:17pm
Yes bizarre decisions not to kick penalties.
There are loads of positives to take from that game.
We missed a whole backline and still came within a last ditch tackle and a boners TMO decision of winning at the home of the world number 2
Clearly losing our whole back 3 was a massive blow and a weakness England smartly exploited
BUT we need to start so much sharper than that in future

Anyways onwards and upwards....Sanjay scored the winning try yesterday so hes back in the frame, north plays today as does amos and adams. So the back 3 has some serious competition and returning players. Back 3 always crucial in Ireland.
ROYMOND MUNTER MBE (FOR SERVICES TO THE COMBOVER)
Sponsored Links

Dai38 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dai38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 11:52am
The question we need to ask is why Alun Wyn did not give Patchel/Anscombe a chance, not so much that 1/2p was missing!!!!
Be careful when you pick up the stick.........IT MAY BE THE WRONG END!!!!!!!!!!
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 February 2018 at 8:27am
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Went to a meeting, yesterday, that was lead by an English guy, who enjoys his rugby. He has a passing resemblance to James Haskell after a bit of a diet.

First thing he said was, “You were robbed!”

Then, he added, “ God, weren’t England boring. The first quarter was fine but that’s 60 minutes of my life I’m not going to get back. And, I had to pay £130 per ticket”, as he shakes his head. “You guys were much more interesting to watch.”

Later, he said, “Actually, I’ve just started going out with a Welsh lass. It made the match supporting a bit difficult at times but all was well.”

He’s not yet asked if she follows a region. It turns out she’s a Pembrokeshire lass, so you’d like to think we know the answer.

He was also aware of us having loads of players in the national team. When I said that we’d had 10 v Scotland but only 9 last week due to 1/2p’s foot.

“OMG”, he says, “Good job he wasn’t playing as we’d have been stuffed otherwise”.

The word is spreading.

A spot on summation from the English gentleman - Halfpenny would have kicked at least 5 of the 6 kickable penalties we were awarded and our back 3 would not have been so positionally naiive for the 1st try. Add in the try which wasn't given which he would have converted I make that England 7-22 Wales. Indeed a big opportunity missed. 
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 February 2018 at 6:51pm
Went to a meeting, yesterday, that was lead by an English guy, who enjoys his rugby. He has a passing resemblance to James Haskell after a bit of a diet.

First thing he said was, “You were robbed!”

Then, he added, “ God, weren’t England boring. The first quarter was fine but that’s 60 minutes of my life I’m not going to get back. And, I had to pay £130 per ticket”, as he shakes his head. “You guys were much more interesting to watch.”

Later, he said, “Actually, I’ve just started going out with a Welsh lass. It made the match supporting a bit difficult at times but all was well.”

He’s not yet asked if she follows a region. It turns out she’s a Pembrokeshire lass, so you’d like to think we know the answer.

He was also aware of us having loads of players in the national team. When I said that we’d had 10 v Scotland but only 9 last week due to 1/2p’s foot.

“OMG”, he says, “Good job he wasn’t playing as we’d have been stuffed otherwise”.

The word is spreading.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 5:52pm
The more I think about it the more I realise how Wales really did let that game slip. Regardless of the non try we had two other gilt edged try scoring chances and two very kickable penalties which we turned down. We really do only have ourselves to blame. 

What it does say though is that if Gatland continues to be bold in his gameplan we could well be in a better place than Eddie's boys come Japan. 
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 4:47pm
Don't like hanging anyone out to dry, but that was so obviously a try that the TMO should have to explain his thought process in full !

SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 4:09pm
This means the result changes and we’re on for the grand slam? If not it’s pretty pointless.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 3:11pm
Originally posted by surfing-mtber surfing-mtber wrote:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-receive-formal-apology-world-14284371

Not that it makes any difference, because the best side won.  However.....!!!

Did you happen to see who was on the phone saying the TMO made a mistake?
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2018 at 3:05pm
https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/wales-receive-formal-apology-world-14284371

Not that it makes any difference, because the best side won.  However.....!!!

Edited by surfing-mtber - 13 February 2018 at 3:05pm
Joshua24:15
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 11:12pm
whatever one says about north he has 33 test tries and you could see that experience when he came on I thought he looked sharp considering. sanjay is a star and having played saturday hopefully 2 more weeks and he will be match sharp. 2 totally different players but both very special and able to create space break tackles and flip offloads out the back door... faletau is world class as is hapenny. as for patch what frustrates me is gatland has failed to develop him as a fly half for 2 years so then he gets thrown into the lions den. I hope patch takes it in his stride , takes the positives learns from it and moves on and doesnt sufffer from the experience. Hes a fantastic talent and seems like a top bloke too

Edited by roy munster - 11 February 2018 at 11:13pm
whataguy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whataguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 8:52pm
Totally agree with you on that.
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote roy munster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 5:14pm
still wide open, the scots may beat england...we may win in ireland
If all match fit, we need to bring in north happeny faletau and sanjay, keep the halfbacks the same with patch and cawdor
biggar onto the bench with aled biggar and steff on the bench
greypower1 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote greypower1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 3:12pm
I only said it was the big one, and I was proved right. It was too big for us. 😗🙄
Keep the faith
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 2:46pm
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

We can put the six nations behind us now. The big one is this afternoon out in Treviso.🤗🤗

be careful what you wish for...
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 12:13pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Anscombe was outstanding in the second half

you would say that.
I say it as I see it. He was outstanding, he got Wales' attacking game going and brought more control to proceedings

He was good in the second half as some of the ferocity went out of England's play. He has seemingly finally got over the injury that he either arrived with or acquired soon after arriving. Yesterday's game put our (Scarlets ) midfield under alot of pressure but they didn't break. The benefits of yesterday may well be seen on Good Friday evening. And I will be content with that.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 February 2018 at 11:55am
Originally posted by ladram ladram wrote:

Anscombe was outstanding in the second half

you would say that.
I say it as I see it. He was outstanding, he got Wales' attacking game going and brought more control to proceedings
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic