Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pro 14 TV failed deal with BBC

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 7:53am
is it definitely premier sports?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Sponsored Links

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:01am
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

Unannounced but Sky's bid for the rights failed, and BT apparently didn't bid.
John View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:06am
Originally posted by minded minded wrote:

I read the announcement to mean that it was another platform. Indeed if it was Premier Sports, there would be no need for the delay.

minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:25am
Originally posted by John John wrote:

I read the announcement to mean that it was another platform. Indeed if it was Premier Sports, there would be no need for the delay.

S4C are still in talks with Pro14 to possibly continue covering some games in Welsh language only. Likely that Pro14 will want to announce the final outcome in one go after all talks have finished. 
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:32am
How do you access Premier Sports eg If you have Bt Broadband and an unbundled Sky Tv Satellite dish ?🤔
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:37am
Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

How do you access Premier Sports eg If you have Bt Broadband and an unbundled Sky Tv Satellite dish ?🤔
Through the website you can subscribe via Sky, Virgin Media TV or their own online player. You'll probably have to provide details of your Sky card that goes in the box for them to enable it.

I'm moving house before next season and am planning on going with BT for broadband and TV package, so only option i'll have is the online player.

The Virgin Media option is standard def only which is pretty poor.
Mrfwon View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mrfwon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:54am
Have you seen how much it is to add BT sports to your current Sky TV package, it's nearly 30 notes a month! ShockedShockedShocked and then a further subscription for Premier Sports, which I think is £10 extra a month.

Unfortunately for me, I have Sky TV, Fibre and Phone line all in one package, so it isn't a straight forward simple step to swap everything over to BT. Not sure what channels BT offer with regards to Kids channels, movies and box sets etc, but the rest of the family all use those channels. So to get rid of those, I'd probably need to sell a kidney. LOLLOLLOL

Edited by Mrfwon - 13 March 2018 at 9:18am
Scarlets!!!
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 8:59am
The point is you no longer need Sky Sports to watch any of our games, which if i recall correctly is about £30 on its own. If you'd only want to catch 6-9 of our European games on BT next season that it's not worth signing up to and heading to a pub is a better option.
ladram View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ladram Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Mrfwon Mrfwon wrote:

Have you seen how much it is to add BT sports to your current Sky TV package, it's nearly 30 notes a month! ShockedShockedShocked and then a further subscription for Premier Sports, which I think is £10 extra a month.

Unfortunately for me, I have Sky TV, Fibre and Phone line all in one package, so it isn't a straight forward simple step to swap everything over to BT. Not sure what channels BT offer with regards to Kids channels, movies and box sets etc, but the rest of the family all use those channels. So get rid of those, I'd probably need to sell a kidney. LOLLOLLOL
I have sky sports movies etc and I rang to complain on Friday night sky sports 401/402/and 403 were showing the same preview programme of the following days games at the same time.crap
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 9:51am

Originally posted by reesytheexile reesytheexile wrote:

Through the website you can subscribe via Sky, Virgin Media TV or their own online player. You'll probably have to provide details of your Sky card that goes in the box for them to enable it.

I'm moving house before next season and am planning on going with BT for broadband and TV package, so only option i'll have is the online player.

The Virgin Media option is standard def only which is pretty poor.
Thanks Minded. How life has changed since the days of BBC1 BBC2 and ITV as our TV decisions. You only needed 3 fingers !!!Wink

Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 10:04am
If you don't have a Smart TV, buy a Google chromecast and you can send the pic via smartphone/tablet to your TV. (Other casting devices are available)

If you have a Sky Box, cancel the sports (stop subsidising them over-paid soccer players!!) and add Premier Sports HD for £10/ month.

We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
minded View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote minded Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2018 at 10:05am
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

If you don't have a Smart TV, buy a Google chromecast and you can send the pic via smartphone/tablet to your TV. (Other casting devices are available)

If you have a Sky Box, cancel the sports (stop subsidising them over-paid soccer players!!) and add Premier Sports HD for £10/ month.

And wait until it's officially announced so i don't get crucified by people on here LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 678
  Share Topic