Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Scarlets team vs. Leinster (h)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 11:18am
Originally posted by greypower1 greypower1 wrote:

How can Nigel be allowed to ref when his nephew is playing for us. It's a no win situation for Nigel and for the Scarlets. Lienster will accuse him of bias and we suspect he will over compensate in Lienster's favour. What a stupid appointment.

Exactly, and worse still  he will also be keen to overcompensate for alleged bias in the Scotland - England match.
I'll take a 1 point win tonight and be eternally grateful, particularly if the weather is as bad as predicted and we haven't been practising our kicking game.

Edited by Ffidel Bennett - 09 March 2018 at 11:20am
Sponsored Links

NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 11:25am
I really don't want Owens refereeing tonight. If I were a Leinster fan I would feel aggrieved at the all Welsh officials.The same as if it were the other way around.

The organisation of this league has always been a joke.
RR1972 View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RR1972 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 11:28am

How can Nigel be allowed to ref when his nephew is playing for us. It's a no win situation for Nigel and for the Scarlets. Lienster will accuse him of bias and we suspect he will over compensate in Lienster's favour. What a stupid appointment.

He reffed a game last year vs leinster when ioan was on the bench, they didn't complain then and they aren't now.

I'm sure Nigel will cope just fine, the leinster fans don't seem to have any issue with it
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 11:45am
I still think that all European ref's should be under one governing body & should cover all the professional leagues & cup competitions in Europe. That would avoid having referees officiating clubs/regions/provinces of their home RU.

I also think this would improve consistency in the cup competitions.
reesytheexile View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reesytheexile Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

He reffed a game last year vs leinster when ioan was on the bench, they didn't complain then and they aren't now.

I'm sure Nigel will cope just fine, the leinster fans don't seem to have any issue with it

I also don't see the problem. These are closely monitored/reviewed professional referees. They want to get things right for their own careers. We just need to worry about our own game I think and get it right. Wet weather isn't going to help us tonight.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 12:10pm
Nigel is one of the best refs in the World. Leinster, being a mature & well managed club, appreciate that having a top official regardless of where he was born or indeed who is playing for the opposition is in the best interests of both teams.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 12:38pm

Every game should have neutral officials this shambles belittles the league .
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 12:44pm
Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Every game should have neutral officials this shambles belittles the league .

And as this is the only Pro 14 match this weekend, it shouldn't be hard...
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 12:45pm
Nervous about this now.
Really need our back row to have a huge game. Whichever wins that battle will win the game. We need Kruger, Boyde and MacLeod to step up their turnover game too because they’ll undoubtedly be targeting Beirne.
Behind we need a big defensive effort from our young wingers and a solid game from 9/10/12.
Could be a cracker this one. Us by 5.
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 2:08pm
Originally posted by RR1972 RR1972 wrote:

Strange that.
Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by GPR - Rochester GPR - Rochester wrote:

Nigel is one of the best refs in the World. Leinster, being a mature & well managed club, appreciate that having a top official regardless of where he was born or indeed who is playing for the opposition is in the best interests of both teams.

Totally agree, I don't understand all the Nigel bashing by some of our supporters. As far as I have seen he has always refereed with an honest unbiased approach to the game no matter which teams are playing. If it wasn't that way he wouldn't continue to get the big games. It's as if we're looking for excuses before a ball is kicked/passed
Dan the Drover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan the Drover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Feverpitch Feverpitch wrote:

If it wasn't that way he wouldn't continue to get the big games.

... or agree to referee them.

It's as if we're looking for excuses before a ball is kicked/passed

Surely not !  Smile
Feverpitch View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Feverpitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 4:26pm
Originally posted by Dan the Drover Dan the Drover wrote:

Surely not !  Smile

Don't understand your first point, he couldn't agree to the games unless be was offered them and he wouldn't be offered them unless he was highly regarded.

NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 4:55pm

Originally posted by Dan the Drover Dan the Drover wrote:

Surely not !  Smile

Don't understand your first point, he couldn't agree to the games unless be was offered them and he wouldn't be offered them unless he was highly regarded.

George Clancy is " highly regarded". I'll leave that one with you.
Scarletrover View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scarletrover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 5:25pm
and tonight     

DON'T SHOUT CHEAT!

Mr Ian View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Ian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2018 at 5:59pm
Cant Watch the game and no internet on my phone...Will be a surprise when back home...come on Scarlets!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 7>
  Share Topic