Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Real Time.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Originally posted by Rob o'r Bont Rob o'r Bont wrote:

Originally posted by Legendinmybathroom Legendinmybathroom wrote:

Their second try was ruled out by Nigel as the tv pictures showed the try scorer kicking the ball onto the heel of the Leinster player standing in front of him before falling on the rebound. Nigel made the correct call that the ball came back off an offside Leinster player first.
I thought you couldn't be offside in the ingoal area.  

Good point, I’m not 100 sure but you’d expect Nigel and the TMO to know the rules better than us supporters. If they got that wrong then we got away with that one.
I'm not sure either mate. Maybe one of the refs on here could enlighten us.
Aren't we all refs on here? WinkLOL
Scarlets - Suppliers of fine rugby since 1872
Sponsored Links

Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 3:16pm
I remember watching Gwyn Walters ref with his jacket on at Stradey..Smile
callaway View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote callaway Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 3:31pm
Just watched Murray score a try for Ireland where he clearly lost controll of the ball as he grounds it. Barnes just gave it
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 4:05pm
Originally posted by peterh64 peterh64 wrote:

Originally posted by Speedy Speedy wrote:

I couldnt help but think, if the ball leaves the hand, but doesnt touch the floor or another player before the hand is back in contact its not a knock on. Your are alowed to regain control even if the ball goes forward providing no other player comes into contact, and it doesnt hit the floor 1st.

I thought after the initial seperation he regains contact a split second before grounding.

No gripes tho i can quite see why a tmo would not allow it. Lets just hope we get one going our way like that. away from home, with a home ref and a home tmo lol.

Oh and the Leinster dissallowed try from the chargedown, that tmo was almost going to award it until Nige asked to watch it again. The tmo didnt want to look more than once, and was trying to get Nigel to award the try.

Shocking. Nige had a good game but that tmo had my heart in my mouth. The varndell knock on at the end was a comical decision. 
 No if the ball goes forward towards the try line from your hands and you regather it has gone forward  otherwise carnage would ensue!

Its has to touch another player or the floor, you can throw the ball forwards and catch it, or juggle iot forwards, as long as it doesnt come in contact with the floor or another player its not a knock on.
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 4:06pm
Daf james does one against Toulouse when we are attacking, catches the ball behind him, juggles it forwards, regathers it. play on.
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by callaway callaway wrote:

Just watched Murray score a try for Ireland where he clearly lost controll of the ball as he grounds it. Barnes just gave it
Yep! It was obvious out of the corner of my eye, too. Couldn’t believe no Scot asked for a TMO check.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 4:27pm
Barnes gave a lot of 50/50 decisions to Ireland
ap sior View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ap sior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 March 2018 at 5:14pm
Well he wasn't a homer when we played Toulon. Did he leave the pitcb in a hurry at the end ? Lol
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic