Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Cubby Debut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPW02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cubby Debut
    Posted: 11 March 2018 at 6:20pm
What a good solid 1st cap for Cubby. Excellent in defence and good in the loose as always. So pleased for him.
Sponsored Links

EJPT View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EJPT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 6:29pm
Long time in the making, and a great performance. Didn’t look out of his depth at all.
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 6:30pm
He was my man of the match. 18 tackles in 65 minutes! Faletau was second with 11. 20m run, an absolute nightmare at the breakdown. And this was his debut. What a player.

Well done Chubby Boi.
Joshua24:15
RPW02 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RPW02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 6:39pm
Looks every bit an international player. Just hope he gets a run of appearances now, and this wasn't a one off selection. Always happy to see him lining up at PYS mind.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 7:47pm
Thought he was distinctly average in a distinctly average team. How anyone can have him above Parkes as mom is beyond me. Stats never tell the whole story - he had little or no breakdown impact and a very ordinary Italian pack shunted him off the ball with ease. Gave away a ridiculously unnecessary penalty as well. He's a long way behind Tipuric and Thomas Young and nowhere near Warbuton (when fit). It was a first cap and he's got time to get better. No reason why he shouldn't have a good international career but he still looks like a sevens player. Let's keep feet on the ground and not burden him with overhype.

My opinion on what I saw today - natch many will disagree - that's what this is for. Fill your boots.

What's going on?
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 7:51pm
Out of bed the wrong side???
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

Out of bed the wrong side???

Smile
No - but "he's not the Messiah, he's a very...." etc
What's going on?
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 7:56pm
International rugby (even against the Italians) is a step up. I’d love to see him with a balanced back row (Shingler/Moriarty on the flank with him and Faletau at 8) with a few more caps.
That said great to see him in the Welsh jersey.
Mogwen View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mogwen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 7:59pm
I agree not MOM but close. He was outstanding and up against the best 8 in the championship and a very good back row. He didn’t look out of place.
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 8:00pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

International rugby (even against the Italians) is a step up. I’d love to see him with a balanced back row (Shingler/Moriarty on the flank with him and Faletau at 8) with a few more caps.
That said great to see him in the Welsh jersey.

I'd certainly agree with this - then you have a set up similar to Hill/Dallaglio/Back. He would benefit from that,
What's going on?
gaffer View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 8:05pm
Originally posted by Mogwen Mogwen wrote:

I agree not MOM but close. He was outstanding and up against the best 8 in the championship and a very good back row. He didn’t look out of place.

Parisse is no longer the best 8 - and this year is a year too far for a great player. He was going to retire but O'Shea persuaded him to stay on. He's been way off the pace this year. Missed many tackles today, didn't carry much either and has lost his pace.
What's going on?
NorthWalianScarlet View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NorthWalianScarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 8:41pm
I thought he played well. Gave it his all and didn't look out of his depth.

Well done Cubby!
NorthWalianScarlets
cat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 8:48pm
I thought cubby played quite well, tackled like a trooper, turned over ball once and was close a few other times, tried to link up as well.
But overall it was a pretty poor display from the team, liam needs to reign it in sometimes and could have been red carded for the tackle on the italian, cawdor had a deserved yellow for a stupid flap at the ball.
20 mins of the second half we played with 14 men, unacceptable in my opinion, discipline is key at international level, you're not going to get away with anything nowadays (unless you tug a player back after a charge down, ridiculous the ref missed that)
I was more impressed with north he's looking very strong and sharp at the moment.
Parkes was the deserved man of the match, he had a solid all round game.
157cb View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 157cb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 8:50pm

Excellent debut by cubby Boi and games top tackler !!
Realwest View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Realwest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 8:58pm
Good workman like performance from Cubbyboi i felt before the game that Moriarty should have been 6, that in my eyes would have given more balance ib the backrow. Loads of tackles from cubby but he did give a few penalties away but all in all a good debut

Parkes was good and deserved MOM got robbed of a try by a poor ref 
Speedy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Speedy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2018 at 9:40pm
Bringing Cubby off at 65mins on his 1st cap was a bit of a kick in the teeth. He won more breakdowns in 65mins than Navidi did all season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic