Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Uzair Cassiem confirmed

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Wasp Wasp wrote:

I’m hearing the Cassiem rumour has substance

Watchoo hearing and from where?
Sponsored Links

thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 1:35pm
Still not convinced is the style of player needed as he appears to be a 6/7.
Guests View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by thommo thommo wrote:

Still not convinced is the style of player needed as he appears to be a 6/7.

Loose forward according to his Wikipedia page.
Legendinmybathroom View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Legendinmybathroom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 2:28pm
This could be because Pivac expects us to lose or 6 and 7 during international periods and not our 8’s. We’ve been forced to play Beirne in the backrow this season due to our international call ups so he’s probably looking at getting those positions covered for those periods, baring in mind next year is also a World Cup year.
Dafen Boy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dafen Boy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 2:29pm
Look a bit on the small side...maybe a 7, 98kg
thommo View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 2:31pm
[QUOTE=Legendinmybathroom] This could be because Pivac expects us to lose or 6 and 7 during international periods and not our 8’s. We’ve been forced to play Beirne in the backrow this season due to our international call ups so he’s probably looking at getting those positions covered for those periods, baring in mind next year is also a World Cup year.[/QUOTE
True but would rather see a big unit at 8 signed as that is what we really need.
multinational View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote multinational Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 2:35pm
Hasn’t he played 8 for SOUTH AFRICA?
History, despite its wrenching pain, cannot be unlived, but if faced with courage, need not be lived again.
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 2:40pm
Originally posted by multinational multinational wrote:

Yes very destructive ball carrier. The sort to pick up from a retreating scrum and make serious yards
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 2:44pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

I’m hearing the Cassiem rumour has substance

Watchoo hearing and from where?
Only from another fan, but a trustworthy one.

Also Wells is still being heavily linked by a certain journo who posts on here!
We're still still here, but I wish we were in an Anglo-Welsh
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Yes very destructive ball carrier. The sort to pick up from a retreating scrum and make serious yards
Have you seen evidence of his carrying game Steff? I can't see much on youtube. I think he played against Wales last Autumn didn't he?
surfing-mtber View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote surfing-mtber Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 3:09pm
I know it's another highlight clip but definite evidence of an abrasive ball carrier, good lineout operator in attack and defence. Punches well above his weight.

Watch out for the offloading and handling skills. I see a recruitment theme building with Mr. Pivac (if true that this is a recruitment).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oy3Go8jGo_M

link updated

Edited by surfing-mtber - 17 March 2018 at 3:27pm
Joshua24:15
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 3:14pm

Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Have you seen evidence of his carrying game Steff? I can't see much on youtube. I think he played against Wales last Autumn didn't he?

With so much international rugby on tv today I also haven't had much time to look for highlights on youtube, but the "highlights" that I have come across don't show too much destructive ball-carrying, and in fact Amosa of La Rochelle, who we were earlier thought to be interested in, seems a much better carrier who also has the pace to get clear once he has broken through.
dantheman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dantheman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 7:13pm
Would be an unbelievable signing, when was the last time we signed a genuine first 23 player from one of the top 3 SH nations.

He's mobile, great hands, good in the tight and has a massive work rate. Not huge but very physical. Pivac wants to sign someone who is equally happy at carrying and covering in the wide channels as he is in the tight. This guy certainly fits that bill and who I am to judge Pivac on his signings given his record.

To afford him plus Thomson alongside all the renewals must mean we've got a significant budget increase ahead of next season. Presumably part of the deal to keep Wayne....
Eastern outpost View Drop Down
Rambler
Rambler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eastern outpost Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 7:53pm
Great news in terms of where we are being linked.

Fingers crossed it comes to pass.
In a world where you can be anything – Be Kind.
Wasp View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wasp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 March 2018 at 10:51pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Great news in terms of where we are being linked.

Fingers crossed it comes to pass.
seems to have done so!
tannerbankboy View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tannerbankboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 March 2018 at 1:29am
This 'rumour' is also being reported on 'Wales Online', must be true!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 8>
  Share Topic