Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clayton Blommetjies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 10:45am
The monsoon conditions at Rodney Parade on Friday night didn't seem to effect Blommetjies at all and he seems to have better hands and acceleration than North, who is anyway a one position player who would be away on international duty when he'd be most needed.
True, North is bigger and we'd only be paying 40% of his salary but I suspect Clayton would much better suit our approach under Pivac and score some fabulous tries.
Sponsored Links

RedZep View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote RedZep Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 11:20am
FFS, I've only just learnt how to pronounce Tadhg.
'' Know your three R's, son..... Rugby, Rock and Ridin'!! ''
Ffidel Bennett View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ffidel Bennett Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 11:37am
It's CLAY-TON what's hard about that?   

Wink
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 11:58am
Originally posted by shocker shocker wrote:

Blade would be time server
he's going to get picked for Scotland so he will be NWQ
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
ScarletSpiderman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletSpiderman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 12:12pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

We thought the same with McNicholl, so fingers crossed.
Sandman View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sandman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 12:24pm
This question will probably infuriate many on here but, if Clayton whatshisname comes here, is it less likely North will. J Mac would be a full time winger I guess.
Only one team plays in red. (Sorry, Scarlet)
Sosban bach View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sosban bach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 12:27pm
Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Yes but isn't residency rule now up to 5 years?
Exkixu View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Exkixu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 12:30pm
Originally posted by Sosban bach Sosban bach wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletSpiderman ScarletSpiderman wrote:

Yes but isn't residency rule now up to 5 years?

Blade is already qualified to play for Scotland through his mother or grandmother I think. No need for residency in that case.
McNichol and Bullbring are both caught under the 3 year residency rule.
1 Xavier Rush   2 Rhys Priestland   3 David Lyons   Cardiff Blues - Scarlets, 26/09/09      

More carries than any of our forwards. Priestland Fan Club Proud Member
SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 12:37pm
With the new Rugby Service Agreement (RSA) coming and going on some whispers on here and on Twitter the NWQ limit may not be set in stone any more. With us supplying so many to the Welsh squad we’re in a good position to recruit.

Our first team is as strong as any in the league. But when the internationals away we struggle and that’s noticeably what our recruitment is geared towards improving.

I hope we get Blommetjies. Looks like a good addition, has the hands to play our game and brings raw pace and acceleration which we lack in our backline at times.
GPR - Rochester View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GPR - Rochester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 1:34pm
Originally posted by SospanMawr SospanMawr wrote:

With the new Rugby Service Agreement (RSA) coming and going on some whispers on here and on Twitter the NWQ limit may not be set in stone any more. With us supplying so many to the Welsh squad we’re in a good position to recruit.

Our first team is as strong as any in the league. But when the internationals away we struggle and that’s noticeably what our recruitment is geared towards improving.

I hope we get Blommetjies. Looks like a good addition, has the hands to play our game and brings raw pace and acceleration which we lack in our backline at times.

Yes he would undoubtedly be the fastest in our current squad. With so much creativity in our team he would be licking his lips.
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Westwalian Westwalian wrote:

Originally posted by PE SA PE SA wrote:

we are allowed 6 NWQs PLUS 2 Time servers.

NWQ:
1. Werner Kruger
2. Kieran Finotia
3. Uzair Cassiem
4. Paul Asquith
5. Blade Thomson

Time Servers:
1. Steve Cummins
2. Johnny McNicholl

David Bullbring is WQ from the autumn.

I’m no longer convinced Michael Wells is coming due to the swift move for Cassiem.

Is Bulbring WQ this year? I thought they extended the length of time to 4 years? I could be wrong though! How long has he been here? 

He would have been here 3 years come the autumn.
The rules only applies for those signing contracts after January 2018 so the 3 year rule still applies for him, McNicholl and Cummins.
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 6:16pm
Blade is down as time server at moment, if you say on cos of Scotland qualified, you could say the same about bulbring is sa qualified
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 6:16pm

Blade is down as time server at moment, if you say on cos of Scotland qualified, you could say the same about bulbring is sa qualified
Yeah but they are expecting him to get selected for Scotland. It's happening
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
shocker View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shocker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 6:18pm
Maybe blade doesn't like Scotland, my grandmother was Irish but doesn't mean I would play for Ireland. Some are patriotic. He wont play Wales either
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 6:25pm

NWQ:
1. Werner Kruger
2. Kieran Finotia
3. Uzair Cassiem
4. Paul Asquith
5. Blade Thomson

Time Servers:
1. Steve Cummins
2. Johnny McNicholl

I’m no longer convinced Michael Wells is coming due to the swift move for Cassiem.

Is Bulbring WQ this year? I thought they extended the length of time to 4 years? I could be wrong though! How long has he been here? 

The rules only applies for those signing contracts after January 2018 so the 3 year rule still applies for him, McNicholl and Cummins.
Bulbring will be WQ in February 2019
PE SA View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PE SA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 March 2018 at 6:30pm

NWQ:
1. Werner Kruger
2. Kieran Finotia
3. Uzair Cassiem
4. Paul Asquith
5. Blade Thomson

Time Servers:
1. Steve Cummins
2. Johnny McNicholl

Bulbring will be WQ in February 2019

Indeed, found that earlier after I posted autumn. Originally thought he arrived in the autumn.
Still, will be WQ half way through next season.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 11>
  Share Topic