Scarlet Fever Llanelli Rugby Sport Wales Tickets Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > RUGBY > SCARLETS GENERAL
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Clayton Blommetjies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:29pm
Originally posted by Eastern outpost Eastern outpost wrote:

Originally posted by 157cb 157cb wrote:

Originally posted by NorthWalianScarlet NorthWalianScarlet wrote:

Am I right in thinking the NWQ will be from next season Blade Thompson, Michael Wells, Kieran Fonotia, Werner Kruger and Uzair Cassiem

And the players who can quality on residency Johnny McNicoll, David Bulbring, Steve Cummins, Paul Asquith. And of course Hadleigh Parkes is now Welsh!

Asquith his NWQ as he as played for Austrailia 7s,while Wells would be a time server I think
Thought Wells had played Aussie Sevens so would be NWQ, too. Could be wrong.

I think there is another thread with this, but can't locate it. Would someone be so kind as to remind me what is the limit of NWQ and Time Servers in a squad, and who they are currently. 

Separately, there was also a comment about modifying the RSA, which is a six-year agreement that runs through until 2020 I think. It would allow more NWQ/Time Servers dependent on #players with Wales etc. Do any of the regions get compensated by number of players  provided/number of appearances to/with Wales, or as I believe, it is a straight equally divided lump sum between them? Is there a way to get a copy of it. I looked up ProRugbyWales, but the link http://prorugbywales.com/rsa/ does not work. Probably designed by the same people who did the Scarlets website. LOL

Thanks 

Edited by ScarletBear - 10 May 2018 at 1:29pm
Scarlets before Wales
Sponsored Links

turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:50pm
didn't think wells was coming now anyway
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
ScarletBear View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 1:57pm
Originally posted by turkishrebel turkishrebel wrote:

didn't think wells was coming now anyway

My understanding too.
Scarlets before Wales
turkishrebel View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote turkishrebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 2:10pm
think angus Obrien will come and talk of josh adams being bought out of contract by someone...could it be us or the dragons?
Once a Scarlet, always a Scarlet!
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:07pm
So we have?

NWQ: Blade Thompson, Clayton Blommetjies, Kieran Fonotia, Werner Kruger and Uzair Cassiem

Time Servers: Johnny McNicoll, David Bulbring, Steve Cummins, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne and Paul Asquith.
Scarlets before Wales
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 3:18pm
Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

So we have?

NWQ: Blade Thompson, Clayton Blommetjies, Kieran Fonotia, Werner Kruger and Uzair Cassiem

Time Servers: Johnny McNicoll, David Bulbring, Steve Cummins, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne and Paul Asquith.
Sam Hidalgo-Clyne is a current Scotland international while Asquith has played for Australia Sevens making him NWQ.

Blommetjies is a time server
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ScarletBear Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 4:44pm
Originally posted by scarletnut scarletnut wrote:

Originally posted by ScarletBear ScarletBear wrote:

So we have?

Sam Hidalgo-Clyne is a current Scotland international while Asquith has played for Australia Sevens making him NWQ.

Blommetjies is a time server

I made a mistake with Asquith. And SHK is therefor effectively NWQ, right. Ho wmany of each can we have?

NWQ (6): Blade Thompson, Kieran Fonotia, Werner Kruger, Uzair Cassiem, Sam Hidalgo-Clyne and Paul Asquith

Time Servers (4): Johnny McNicoll, David Bulbring, Steve Cummins and Clayton Blommetjies.
Scarlets before Wales
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2018 at 11:02pm
Originally posted by NeylandAllBlack NeylandAllBlack wrote:

Originally posted by NobbySosban NobbySosban wrote:

Nickname XV
Pence
Johnny Mac
Foxy
Son of Wayne
Steff
Patch
Cawdor
Revsprop
Sheriff/Cannonball Ken
Samson (who needs a nickname when you're called Samson)
Dai Tarw-yn-dod
Jakey Pêl
Shings Mawr
Cubbi Boi
JB

(some more imaginative than others, obvs)

You start postcode off!!

No I was only saying. Anyway I see the light side. Shame you can’t and get riled by it.
NeylandAllBlack View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeylandAllBlack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 11:04am
Originally posted by SA14 SA14 wrote:

Nickname XV
Pence
Johnny Mac
Foxy
Son of Wayne
Steff
Patch
Cawdor
Revsprop
Sheriff/Cannonball Ken
Dai Tarw-yn-dod
Jakey Pêl
Shings Mawr
Cubbi Boi
JB

You start postcode off!!

No I was only saying. Anyway I see the light side. Shame you can’t and get riled by it.

Nice bit of back tracking there.
aber-fan View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aber-fan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 1:55pm

Nickname XV
Pence
Johnny Mac
Foxy
Son of Wayne
Steff
Patch
Cawdor
Revsprop
Sheriff/Cannonball Ken
Dai Tarw-yn-dod
Jakey Pêl
Shings Mawr
Cubbi Boi
JB

You start postcode off!!

A fine "reverse ferret", to use the Private Eye terminology!LOL
“You cannot reason a man out of what he never reasoned himself into.” (Jonathan Swift)
SA14 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Wwwww mince

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SA14 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2018 at 2:23pm

Nickname XV
Pence
Johnny Mac
Foxy
Son of Wayne
Steff
Patch
Cawdor
Revsprop
Sheriff/Cannonball Ken
Dai Tarw-yn-dod
Jakey Pêl
Shings Mawr
Cubbi Boi
JB

You start postcode off!!

Not back tracking. Just showing I don’t have to resort to petty name calling. I can think of a nickname for that.
Fscarlet View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fscarlet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:48am
In a bit of side news Clayton has said he wants to play for Wales after being snubbed by South Africa.

“He could catch the ball out of the air, he could kick, he was fast, he had great hands and his sidestep was world class. Maybe I can turn out as a Wales international one day. Everything I am going to do at the Scarlets will be geared towards becoming a Wales international.

“I don’t even think about wearing the green and gold anymore because I never had an opportunity to do it,” Blommetjies added.

“Last year in Super Rugby I was playing the best rugby of my career and the coach Franco Smith told me you are good enough to become a Springbok at the end of the year. But Allister picked players ahead of me not because of how they played throughout the year, but because they were his favourites. Players like Elton Jantjies were selected because he knew them.

“After that I thought I’m not going to fight for the green and gold anymore, I want to go overseas and when my agent told me he had an offer from the Scarlets, I said yes immediately.”

SospanMawr View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SospanMawr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 11:34am
Apparently was a very good cricketer when he was younger. Add to Shingler and Ball and we could have a very good team if we ever wanted
henry_winkler View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran
Don’t believe a word......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote henry_winkler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 4:31pm
He doesn't hold back in that interview fair play!!
Iwlew View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iwlew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 5:57pm
That looks a good team for next season. Although I do feel losing Barclay and Beirne will be felt next season.
And We Were Singing...
scarletnut View Drop Down
Veteran
Veteran

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scarletnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2018 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by Iwlew Iwlew wrote:

That looks a good team for next season. Although I do feel losing Barclay and Beirne will be felt next season.
Their replacements ain’t too bad to be fair
I still wake up late at night and think of what might have been when tim stimpson hit that jammy penalty1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
  Share Topic